Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Snoozeday

Re: Tuesday Snoozeday

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    hmmm maybe you have to request drinks when you book Uber? Or maybe I got all the creepy drivers haha

@beanbot2002 ship by Dec 4th, you've got plenty of time.

• Mini rant- I just had to tell a guy that the reason his dog started peeing in the house suddenly is because he went from being walked four times a day to twice a day. Dude was trying to use a shock collar and restrict water to solve the problem. What's wrong with people?!
  • UGH There's a huge gas leak on the closest major street, and a bunch of people are being evacuated. I need to take that street to get my allergist's office for allergy shots, so I guess that's not happening today.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AlPacina  I need a new kobo. I'm hoping one for xmas. I have a list of what I wanna read but can't buy until I get a new kobo or new phone. We ran out of shelf space lol!
  • @alpacina 29 days! You rock!! I'm super proud!
  • @AlPacina 29 days! You are a rock star! Way to go! 

• @AlPacina - This is like, the worst picture in the history of pictures, but you get the idea...

Btw - congrats on 29 days! You are awesome!

• @AlPacina - 29 days is amazing!! Congrats on your success so far!

• @AlPacina You're doing great! 
  • Do you snooze in the morning? I build that in. At least 30-45 minutes of snooze time.
    How late do you sleep on the weekends? I'm usually up by 9 a.m.
    What's your morning ritual? Wake up, snooze, cuddle Ellie, pee, brush teeth, check social media, go to work.
    What are you wearing today? A blue fit-and-flare dress, a tan blazer, and brown wedges.
    If you watched any TV last night, what did you watch? Monday Night Football.
    What's your favorite number? 7.
    What's your favorite color? Red, orange, yellow, Nordic blue.
    What apps do you use on your phone the most? Does the camera count as an app? I don't use much else.
    What websites do you visit the most? TK, Facebook, Ravelry
    What book are you reading currently? (If you're not reading anything now, what'd you read last?) I last read The Martian.
    ---
    Test tonight. The quiz this morning went well and it feels like I just have a little review to do in prep. After that I'm probably going to do housework and pack for Thanksgiving travels.
  • @Swazzle I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You girls are freaking rocking my world with all your support.

@beachyone15 - Those shoes are absolutely adorable!

@speakeasy14 - Bows are the best! I love your shoes too!

@eilis1228 - Expanding on @labro's points..... I really don't think I was actually prepared for as young of a dog as I adopted, but luckily I had the time and the motivation to turn him into a decent roommate. He was actually fairly calm when we went to meet him at the shelter, because I think he had already had some decent play time that morning. We got him home and he turned into an absolute psychopath.

I think you may find yourself over your head at times (especially if the puppy has jack Russell in her!), but if you've made the decision that you're in it for the long haul, no matter what, then it should all work out. I just hate when people want a puppy, but then want to give them away once they're slightly older and too much to handle. That's not how it works.

Just be prepared to lose a ton of sleep (definitely not sleeping in until 10 anymore), and not get to sit down much anymore (because if they're making noise, they're probably getting into something, but if they're not making noise, they're probably chewing on something).

@swazzle - I'm doing the exact same thing! Except including the 24th I end up with 11 days off in a row, I believe. ;)

• @Swazzle - that is awesome! Enjoy your time off!

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @labro We are aware of the commitments that come with a puppy, and we are both on the same page about the type of dog we want and our plan for raising it. 

@AlPacina and everyone else who is concerned about our decision to get a pup: We have no intention of giving her up once she's an adult. We are also both aware of the time commitments and need for consistency when it comes to training and overall care. We know we'll be waking up at 6 am every day for the pup, and at least once in the middle of the night until she's older and has better bladder control. I know I can't leave her alone for more than a few hours at a time until she's a lot older and will need to walk her probably 3 times a day for a while. We know she'll be hyper, chew everything in sight, and need a lot of love, time, and discipline. H and I are fully aware our lives will change drastically, and we're fine with that. We have been discussing when to get a pet for many years now, so this isn't a decision we take lightly. We both had pets while growing up, and I've had roommates with dogs of all ages. We know what having a pet entails, which is one of the reasons we've waited until now to get one. We wanted to make sure we had the time and money to devote to a pup. The timing actually works out really well because my company is closed for a good chunk of the holidays, so I'll have lots of time to devote to her as she adjusts to us and our home. Additionally, we both work close enough to go home and check on her during lunch and let her out for a bit. I promise we know what we're getting into. We also have lots of family and friends with animals that can help us if/when we feel like we're in over our heads. 

• Guys, when are our SS gifts due again??? Mine is ready to go other than wrapping but I can't remember the date!

Was it December 1st?

@speakeasy14 ???

• @labro I thought the shipping deadline was December 18. If I'm wrong I better get my ass in gear lol
    Pork tamales and Chicken Mole. You can't have christmas without them in a mexican household. I'll be completely honest...don't try making your mole from scratch. It takes forever and requires a thousand ingredients. The Dona Maria brand is fantastic. That's what we've always used since before I was born. 
    Yep, H's family always has tamales!  And pozole or menudo.  And always enchiladas.  I think his aunt uses that brand of mole, too!
  • Swazzle said:
    labro said:
    @CocoBellaF @minskat30 @beanbot2002 Can you all please send your Mexican relations to MY house to cook for me?

THANKS A BUNCH!!!
    @beanbot2002 is my Mexican relation. 

I'd say she loves me more....but I know that's not true.

Can't we just share???

• Thanks @speakeasy14 !!!!!!

Also, did TK just break for everyone else?

• On dog adoptions - this is just what we're doing: it has taken us 4 years to feel like we can talk about adopting another dog beyond just dreaming and wishing. We've talked about it a lot, more recently, and are looking harder at our monthly budget and how close we are able to stay to it over the next several months. If we feel (after several months of scrutiny) that we can handle to month to month financial aspect (the emergency funds are already set aside - just want to know that we can handle the month to month without dipping into that) then we will start talking with the rescue again and start the process of filling out applications. The greyhound group we adopt through brings dogs up from the race tracks in Tampa, so you don't get to meet them prior to pick up. We were adamant, last time, that they take their time picking a dog that they felt would do well with Bean (who was only 4 at the time), instead of getting us a dog ASAP. It worked out perfectly, and Slowy was the most amazing companion ever. With Noah, being so much younger, we're hoping that they will have one locally in a foster home (they occasionally have 1 or 2 in foster), that we can meet on a few occasions to see how they do. We've spent the last year socializing Noah to dogs and demonstrating proper touch, etc. in preparation for 'One Day'.
    I think what @labro is trying to say is, yes it is insanely exciting and you obviously don't have as many factors to consider as I might, but it's so much more than an application, the approval, and a fee. Am I saying this right? Just take a breath and really consider everything before you jump in with both feet. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Ladies ladies! There's enough of me to go around! hahahahahaha But I mean... @swazzle and Snoos did have dibs on me if I'm being honest.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards