Not Engaged Yet
Options

Why the hell is it Monday already

Enough is enough. The weekends are just TOO short and I'm sick of it. 

I'm running for President in the 2016 election and my first course of action will be shortening the work week and extending the weekend. Who's with me? 

Great. Now that that's handled.... 

I had a really nice weekend!

I met H on Friday for the Devils game where we came back from being down 2 goals to winning in OT! It was exhilarating! 

On Saturday, I got up early and headed to DE for my family's baking extravaganza! We had such a nice day and we made SO many cookies. I'm glad we're doing a dessert potluck at work later this week so I can get them all out of my house. I was the most successful baker of the day! Both of my cookies (double chocolate mint and oatmeal chocolate chip) came out PERFECT! 

When I got home, H and I went to see TSO and it was really fun! We were both super tired but we still had a great time anyway. 

Yesterday was spent cleaning and organizing things all over the house and watching my Eagles beat @cu97tiger 's Bills :tongue: 

Tonight I have a work Christmas dinner at one of the best restaurants in NYC and I'm super excited about it! I only have a 4 day work week this week so hopefully it FLIES by! 

Re: Why the hell is it Monday already

• Options

@swazzle I will definitely vote for you if you shorten the work week.  Recipe for the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies please?  Have fun and enjoy dinner tonight.

My weekend was exhausting from all of the show, it turns out I had more fun than I expected.  My parents came to see the show opening night.  Saturday I had 2 shows, came home tired hung out with H and we went to bed early.  Sunday I had an afternoon show, then  H & I watched some football played some video games and ordered pizza.

I slept so bad last night and was up early for a doctor's appointment, it went well but I am tired.  I need to run to target after work, go to church then I need to make a soup for some lunches this week.  I had no energy to do that over the weekend.  I also finished reading The Handmaid's Tale this weekend and just started reading The Paris Wife, I'm enjoying it so far. 

Anniversary

• Options

@swazzle So jealous of your dinner tonight! Our company party is Friday and it's just some average food catered in our lunch room.

I was off work Friday so that's why I wasn't involved in the UO, II thread. I had my first prenatal appointment and it went great, everything looks normal so far. Good luck at your appt today @cocobellaf . And I will try not to say much about it daily since someone on that UO said it was getting too "the bump" up in here.

I knew I had a lot going on with work and travel this month so I didn't partake in the secret santa but I'm loving checking out the reveals and y'all did such a great job with such thoughtful gifts!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @Peaseblossom55 - I used THIS recipe but left out the walnuts.

Edited to fix the link

• Options

@swazzle thanks!

@twodimes those cookies look so cute.  I love those shoes.

@lavenderfields13 I haven't had pizza in weeks it was so good.

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle ummmm the link is not to a cookie recipe... if that was a hint that's ok too.....

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle  you got my vote!

@PeaseBlossom55 What are those books about? I'm trying to find new books

@TwoDimes I'm not normally an ankle bootie fan, but those are CUTE!

@speakeasy14 can't wait to hear about your trip :) welcome back!

Weekend was easy but busy.
    Friday didn't do much. I went through xmas stuff and put out ornaments. I think we're forgoing our tree this year, which is fine with me. We're going to put our lights around the couch or balcony door. Something to be a tad festive.

Saturday Matt had a blood donation appt and I just tidied up a bunch. Had some running around to do, then started getting ready for my xmas party.
    Pre-party at my boss' house and she curled my hair. Everyone loved it, so she curled pretty much everyone's hair lol!
    At the restaurant we had the whole basement to ourselves, and there was only 10 of us lol

Afterwards went back to her place and did secret santa. I got gift card for Walmart, which is great because I had my eye on some home decor stuff.

Sunday was low-key. Cleaned the spare room carpet from Angel being sick and that's about it.

This week is busier than I'd like. Exam tonight, dentist tomorrow, mall some point this week, coffee date with friends on Friday, baking and xmas party with friends Saturday, hosting xmas on Sunday.

I'm on the hunt for books to read. Taking suggestions! I'm not into horror or sci-fi, mainly fiction but open to ideas if you speak highly of them!!
  • Options
    @swazzle ummmm the link is not to a cookie recipe... if that was a hint that's ok too.....
    OMG! LOL that was completely unintentional! FIXED! 

• Options
    @Swazzle 2016!! I'll vote for more weekends. 
    @peaseblossom55 Glad the shows went well!

I'm jealous of everyone's work dinners. I work for the state government and parties are basically banned, so all we can do is have staff potluck lunches. Still good though, but I long for a legit work party!

My weekend was good. BF and I went and got asian food on Friday at the place we had our first date. Unfortunately the sushi wasn't very good. The other food was ok but I don't think we will go back there for a while.

Saturday I was a total slug and didn't do much of anything, and it took everything in my power to get ready to go out to a friend's Christmas party. The plan had been to make an appearance at the party and then go downtown, but we ended up staying at the party because it was a good crew of people. =

Sunday I took advantage of the NICE weather and walked a couple miles at the park, then sat and watched a lady throw tennis balls for her two border collies. Once I got home I felt motivated, so I went through my bathroom and threw out a TON of old products. Anything unopened or very lightly used that wasn't old I'm going to attempt to give to one of the women's shelters here. 

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    OMG! LOL that was completely unintentional! FIXED! 
    It was so funny intentional or not. Thank you!

Anniversary

• Options

@jenna8984 I am doing my annual production of A Christmas Carol.

@wink0erin thanks!

@misskittydanger The Handmaid's Tale was weird, but it was a quick read for me.  The Paris Wife is about Ernest Hemmingway's wife, I haven't read too much yet but it's interesting.

Anniversary

• Options

@peaseblossom55 oh I love that story!

@labro yup measured exactly the same as I had charted, so EDD is 8/2!

Aw stinks your friends are moving but at least it's to somewhere awesome that you can now visit! I will kill to work for Google and all their perks. Love that you spent the day baking with your fam & Callie.

@beachyone15 Yay for being done shopping! Must see your new hair, and I'm so jealous that you get 2 weeks off for holidays! It's always month end- year end accounting for me so I can never take it off.

• Options
    @jenna8984 Yeah the perks with Google are pretty sweet....and even with the major change in COL between Atlanta and SF they'll still see a small net increase in their income. I told them to expect us next year for a week long visit to Napa and Sonama Valleys!

• Options
    @cu97tiger OMG I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED YOU'RE GOING!!!!!

• Options
    @minskat30 I just hope you know I LOVE you and I would give you all the IRL hugs if I could! <3<3<3<3

• Options
    @minskat30  yup! He's 0 negative so he goes every chance he gets. Unfortunately he can't for a year after our trip to the Dominican Republic, so he's disappointed in that.
  • Options

@cu97tiger Yay I'm so glad you are going that will be a great trip!

@minskat30 Sending you so many hugs. Therapy has been a live saver for me. 

@twodimes Indy and Santa, how absolutely adorable!

Anniversary

• Options

@cu97tiger That's so awesome! Where is the game? I can't remember if it was last year or the one before but my team (Auburn) was in the championship game playing in Phoenix where I used to live and have tons of friends. So I really wanted to fly out and stay with them and go but tickets were waaay over my budget. Same when I was living in Phx for the Superbowl, I was dying to go but didn't have an extra $1500 sitting around- one day!!

@minskat30 thanks! Sorry about all your therapy stress, I really hope you can get in touch with your old therapist since she/he seems like a big help to you. I'm so happy that Raj is healing well, I really loved that picture on Friday of his little kennel made of chairs outside haha.

@twodimes ok I normally don't like xmas cards with just a pet picture but I'd die for one of those with Indy, so adorable.

• Options
    @twodimes Indy looks SO HAPPY to meet Santa!
    @minskat30 Sorry to hear there has been drama, I hope the therapy tips help you get through it!

• Options
    @jenna8984 - The game is Phoenix... where I also used to live :) So the free place to stay definitely helped. I cannot believe I dropped that much on a ticket to the game (an END ZONE ticket, at that!) but if we do end up playing in the game, it will be an unforgettable experience to share with my dad.

@minskat30 - I'm sorry to hear something has thrown you for a loop. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help (listen to a vent, send a gif, etc ;) )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger Awesome! When is it, like January? I'm going out there in Feb. I hope your team makes it, hell you should go even if they don't lol

• Options
    @minskat30 - Sending so many hugs your way! If you need to chat, I'm always here! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards