Not Engaged Yet
Options

Why the hell is it Monday already

Re: Why the hell is it Monday already

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @jenna8984 omg, I can't believe your mom said that.  I can share my mom if you'd like. She loves spoiling kids.  My niece already has a full wardrobe and toys because of my mom. 
    Samesies! My mom kept a lot of keepsake outfits that Callie wears now plus she got a whole "Grandma Kit" from a friend with some normal day to day outfits and other baby accessories. Whenever Callie visits she has everything outfitted - baby tub, pack n play, diapers, clothes, toys, books, you name it!

• Options

@minskat30 Ugh I'm sorry for you as well. It's terrible that you can relate and you have to go through it too, but it does make me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one. I always seem to feel like the only one in the world in that situation. It will only make us that much better parents ourselves!

@labro My brother's BFF since high school, that kid's mom took over and became "grandma K" to my brother's kids. She spoils the shit out of them for every single holiday (even like St. Patrick's day) and babysits all the time, and I love that my nieces and nephew at least have her.

• Options

@keptinstitches Lots of hugs to you.  How was the sing-a-long?

@jenna8984 I'm sorry your mom made that comment.   It's so awful and selfish

Anniversary

• Options
    @AuroraRose41 I'm glad the medicine was approved and that it's working!
    @KeptinStitches You're in my thoughts.
    @jenna8984 WTF? Why on earth would a mother would ever say anything like that? How selfish and rude. I can't comprehend parents not caring about their kids/grandkids. 

• Options
    @KeptinStitches - I'm so very sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is one of the worst feelings in the world. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

@AuroraRose41 - I'm so glad the medicine is working. I know how worried you were about it and I hope things continue to improve for you!

@jenna8984 - That would be so hurtful to hear. Have you ever expressed any of these feelings to your mom?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @wink0erin The worst part is when I talk to my dad on the phone (like once a month) he will say "oh we really miss you guys, wish we could hang out" and I'm like no you fucking DON'T or you would come visit...! (they have the money and time).

• Options
    @peaseblossom55, it was a lot of fun! The conductor took it at about 25% above tempo, so we got done early, and there wasn't much of a crowd because we got 3-4" of snow Friday evening, but the room was lively (acoustically speaking) and the tenors were strong for there only being three of them (including my H).
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @jenjen047 So elegant! I love it!

ETA: I'm all about some hair accessories. I'd keep the comb!

• Options
    @jenna8984  *hugs* I can't relate, but I know quite a few of my friends have a similar issue. One of my bffs doesn't speak to her mum and basically considers my mum hers as well. Family around holidays is always amazing or horrible. *hugs*
  • Options
    Thanks! @labro -  I agree, I think I will have a comb, but maybe not that one.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 We saw the mini heartbeat but didn't hear it. omg your hair looks AMAZING!!! Love it!

• Options
    @jenna8984 - I just read about your mom I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I promise your baby will be so loved and it's her loss that she won't be a part of it.

@AuroraRose41 - YAY I'm glad the meds got approved and are helping! How long will you have to be on them do you think?
  • Options
    @jenna8984 ugh that is terrible. I hope that maybe, just maybe they are taking this cruise this year to have fun before they want to (hopefully it is "want" instead of "have") spend holidays with their grandkid as well? Wishful thinking I guess.

@jenjen047 I love your hair! I agree with keeping the comb! And I don't know. I guess until it heals, which I also don't know. There's still a very real possibility that this could be problematic for our wedding, but at least I can manage to wear my Choo's for a little while most likely, even if I am loopy on this drug still. I'm just happy that something is finally working. I'm still in some pain today, but I did have to walk between a few buildings this morning and that didn't help matters. It is at least manageable pain. 

• Options
    I am so bored at work today, the whole day is dragging.

Anniversary

• Options
    Yes.

• Options
    Same here, and it's only a half day.  Not a good sign for this week.
  • Options
    @aurorarose41 My nephew is 6 and they still haven't taken an interest! Whatever, you know what, I don't get along with my in-laws but at least they are loving people who will be excited about it!

• Options
    labro said:
    Yes.

There should be the rule, if I have no work, and my manager is not in, I can leave.

Anniversary

• Options
    labro said:
    Yes.

Game time? Themed questions? What should we do?

• Options
    @AlPacina  i'm in for a game!

@labro  those are so pretty! Last one is my personal fave
  • Options
    labro said:
    @AlPacina I'm clearly in a "Plan other people's weddings" mood. Maybe something totally BSC themed? ;)

Except it's also 4 finally. Maybe for boredom time tomorrow afternoon?

I did think up a game. I guess I'll post it tomorrow. Even though I'm still here for 3 more hours. Like a lame-o.

If it was BSC themed, would I still get judged?

• Options
    @AlPacina Maybe we can leave this one judgement free as it will just be for funsies and as long as you promise (cross your heart/hope to die!) that this won't create lingering BSC feelings!

I might judge people's taste....but you know...I do that every day so...

• Options
    Since I am also bored at work right now (It is only 1 pm here wahhhhhh), I will jump in on the hair comb ideas. 

I got mine from Charming Charlie, and I absolutely love it. It was also $18, so I am pretty freaking proud of that find. They have a bunch of different options: 

Charming Charlie Head Combs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards