Chit Chat

Irrational annoyance

2»

Re: Irrational annoyance

• luckya23 said:
    I just experienced a new one, and it's way petty.  I asked FI to buy new method hand soaps and none of them match any of the colors of the rooms in our house that has sinks.  Why does it matter?  I'm not sure but it's annoying!
    I buy my dish soap to match the kitchen and try to put pink soaps in the bathrooom.  The "peppermint" one that I picked up for the season is a big fail, though!
    I pretty much do the same thing.  Except my favorite dish soap doesn't quite match, but the ones that more closely match kind of suck.  Good dish soap should come in ALL colors.  

I also have two kinds of kleenex boxes I always buy.  One REALLY matches my guest bath, and the other REALLY matches my master bath.  I won't buy other kleenex boxes.  I don't know what I'll do when Kleenex stops making those patterns.  I always hoard them when I'm at the store.  H thinks I'm insane.

SaveSave
  • I hate parents who refer to their kids as "my" and then their name. Like, "oh, my Danny is coming for Christmas!". My MIL does that and my sister has started calling H "my Ricky" too. I even call him "your Ricky" when talking to her.
    We have a few men named the same in my family.  My dad, brother, and H all have the same first name.  I have taken to calling H "my first name" to alleviate some confusion.  It didn't start out that way though.  I was once emailing my mom and saying my H was going to stop at their house after work.  She then responded, "Your brother? Why is he coming over?"  My brother was living almost 2 hours away at the time.  With the context of the email, it should have been clear I was talking about my H.  So now we use the "my" and "your"s to help.
    I have to do this too with my family now whenever my grandparents are visiting. My uncle and my H have the same name so I'll have to say "My Bob" otherwise it isn't always clear who I'm talking about.

• labro said:
    I hate parents who refer to their kids as "my" and then their name. Like, "oh, my Danny is coming for Christmas!". My MIL does that and my sister has started calling H "my Ricky" too. I even call him "your Ricky" when talking to her.
    We have a few men named the same in my family.  My dad, brother, and H all have the same first name.  I have taken to calling H "my first name" to alleviate some confusion.  It didn't start out that way though.  I was once emailing my mom and saying my H was going to stop at their house after work.  She then responded, "Your brother? Why is he coming over?"  My brother was living almost 2 hours away at the time.  With the context of the email, it should have been clear I was talking about my H.  So now we use the "my" and "your"s to help.
    I have to do this too with my family now whenever my grandparents are visiting. My uncle and my H have the same name so I'll have to say "My Bob" otherwise it isn't always clear who I'm talking about.
    Unfortunately I fall in this category too. But it's because my brother and DH have the same name. Poor bro has gotten handed the nickname "Bubba" within the family (from when he was a little kid), but if I'm talking to a non-family member its "brother Daniel" or "my Daniel". It gets confusing!

• New annoyance - H is HUGE on home safety. He gets mad at me if I leave the door unlocked when I'm home. He'd have a gun in every room if it made sense. I found a house I LOVE but H isn't crazy about the neighborhood. I found two websites showing how safe the area is.

Then I found a violent sex offender living directly across the street from the house I want. No way will that fly with H.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I just experienced a new one, and it's way petty.  I asked FI to buy new method hand soaps and none of them match any of the colors of the rooms in our house that has sinks.  Why does it matter?  I'm not sure but it's annoying!
    It does matter because it doesn't match the motif of your kitchen and bathrooms!!!  I'm with you, this would irritate me to no end.

I actually have a lot of irrational irritations, but when I'm in the moment, I can justify just about any of them! :)
  • Moppet82 said:
    I just experienced a new one, and it's way petty.  I asked FI to buy new method hand soaps and none of them match any of the colors of the rooms in our house that has sinks.  Why does it matter?  I'm not sure but it's annoying!
    It does matter because it doesn't match the motif of your kitchen and bathrooms!!!  I'm with you, this would irritate me to no end.

I actually have a lot of irrational irritations, but when I'm in the moment, I can justify just about any of them! :)
    I swapped the bathroom soap for the kitchen soap and feel better now:).
  • @monkeysip I don't think you're insane! I buy tissues in colors to match my classroom (pink, yellow, turquoise) and can't hardly stand it if I have to buy a box that "doesn't go." My fucking CLASSROOM, man! I'm ridiculous. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    @monkeysip I don't think you're insane! I buy tissues in colors to match my classroom (pink, yellow, turquoise) and can't hardly stand it if I have to buy a box that "doesn't go." My fucking CLASSROOM, man! I'm ridiculous. 
    Lol I'm a teacher too, and a lot of times, there's free kleenex boxes in the office for us to take up to our classrooms, but they almost never match anything in my class!  Plus they're the crappy tissues that rub your skin raw.  So I often end up buying my own too...

SaveSave
  • I'm irrationally irritated with an Old Lady who lives in my neighborhood. She's probably my age, but she looks much, much older. She has a little Norfolk Terrier, who she walks up and down in my front yard, several times a day. I have two strong, 65 pound basset hounds who can't stand that little shit. My Baby (reference to the other thread)  had to pee so I leashed her up and headed out the front door. Of course Old Lady and Little Shit are hanging around out there, marking territory and sassing my dog. My Baby pulls me to the ground to get to Little Shit. As I'm hanging onto her harness with both hands, Old Lady and Little Shit take off running down the street. I wrestle my dog back into my house.  WTF, Old Lady? This street is a half mile long, I live at one end, why can't you walk in the other direction and make your phone calls from someone else's yard? 

Yes, it's my responsibility to train my dog to walk politely on a leash, but right now, I'm irritated with you. 

• I'm irritated with DH right now. He goes out every Wed night so I do dinner and bedtime with the kids solo. Tonight was no exception. I finally sat down as he came back in and he started to nag me that we should watch Die Hard (I've never seen it) and I mentioned that I was tired and didn't want to start a movie now. He kept harping that I would never see it so I snapped and told him that he was coming off as a bit of a dick. He got up and walked away.

Yeah, not my finest moment bit I'm getting tired of being the killjoy. He hasn't wrapped one gift yet either. I'm tired of doing it all.

But I'll still apologize later.
  • This probably isn't irrational, but I am irritated because I woke up sick today. Head throbbing, sore throat, aching, sneezing, runny nose - the whole shebang. Special thanks goes out to all my sweet coworkers who came in sick last week and this week so they could enjoy their time off for Christmas.

• OK, I got one.
    I get irrationally irritated with DH when he showers. We have an old tub with a flippy disc plug, which needs to be standing perfectly perpendicular for the water to drain quickly. I will bend down mid shower to adjust it if need be; DH will not. He'd rather slosh and shower in a veritable swimming pool than adjust it. And what does that mean?? Increased soap scum from slow draining. That only I ever clean! Rage.

• I am irrational annoyed that I can't start drinking right now. I have to go to Christmas eve service, which means that I can't drink my wine until I get home at 8:00 pm. That is so far away.
  • My irrational annoyance is women who have mom or mommy2childname or any sort of mom thing as a user name. Get a life outside of your kid!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards