Moms and Maids

Honorary Mother???

OK, so my mom passed 2 years ago which makes planning a wedding difficult for emotional reasons. I have already planned ways to incorporate her into my big day.
But I also wanted to recognize a woman who has been like a 2nd mom to me since I was 10, I am now 29.
Ive heard the term honorary mother thrown around but I don't want it to seem like I'm "replacing" my mom or being disrespectful. that's the LAST thing I want.
I was thinking of just getting a corsage for her on the day off.
thoughts?

Re: Honorary Mother???

• Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    OK, so my mom passed 2 years ago which makes planning a wedding difficult for emotional reasons. I have already planned ways to incorporate her into my big day.
    But I also wanted to recognize a woman who has been like a 2nd mom to me since I was 10, I am now 29.
    Ive heard the term honorary mother thrown around but I don't want it to seem like I'm "replacing" my mom or being disrespectful. that's the LAST thing I want.
    I was thinking of just getting a corsage for her on the day off.
    thoughts?

Stuck in box

I agree with you.  It would be disrespectful to your mother's memory to call anyone else your "honorary mother."  I like the corsage idea.
    OliveOilsMomCMGragainlc07short+sassy
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Just get the corsage. "Honorary Mother" is just.....no.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    OliveOilsMomCMGragainlnixon8short+sassy
  • Her other post explains the deleted user thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards