Not Engaged Yet
Options

I Judge, Confessions, UOs, etc...

2»

Re: I Judge, Confessions, UOs, etc...

• Options
    II: Bfs birthday falls on the same weekend as the Chicago G2G... Can't he postpone that?!
  • Options
    @Twodimes This is what happens when you get old and decrepit. Worst sister and wife ever....hopefully I can at least remember Callie's birthday! I can't add worst aunt to my list too!

• Options
    @alpacina omg no! My college roommate had maiden name Mason and wanted to name a future son that. I feel like that's the only time a maiden never ever works!!

• Options
    AlPacina said:
    labro said:
    Oh God this is the worst confession.

I was checking @PrettyGirlLost 's wedding date and I seriously questioned for a second whether I was actually married on October 18th, 2014. So I just went back in the calendar to check......

ETA: In case you were wondering....it was our wedding date.

• Options
    @AlPacina I mean...it's her 4th birthday AND it's on Superbowl Sunday. I don't really judge. You can't always make every birthday and she knows she's doing it on a day that a lot of people will have standing plans. I think I'd judge if it was like her first birthday or another important milestone. KWIM? She'll be happy to see you at some point and get presents no matter what!

• Options
    AlPacina said:
    labro said:
    AlPacina said:

• Options
    @minskat30 - I think, if anything, it will show up as "Minskat got married on May 45, 2065", but it shouldn't say you changed anything.

• Options
    @minskat30 - Screw your co-worker, what an asshole.
    @southernpeach89 - What?! People make comments on Callie's size? That's so incredibly rude and presumptuous of them!
    @jenna8984 - I'm a horrible person and get so much pleasure out of judging the names people plan on giving their children. My friend's sister named her kid some ridiculous name that sounds like caveman (I think it's actually cadmen but I'm honestly still not 100% sure how you really pronounce it).
    @Alpacina - Is your sister crazy? I'm not even really into football and I'm not going to a 4 year-old's birthday instead of watching the game. I don't understand the insane need to celebrate a birthday ON a birthday. It just doesn't seem like a big deal to celebrate on a more convenient day.

Judge: My co-workers who have been teaching for at least 5 years (some of them 10+ years) who seriously questioned if we could accept gifts/money from students. No, always no. We spent at least half an hour discussing this at the last staff meeting.

II: I can't usually post until later in the afternoon because of classes and by the time I login the daily thread is usually around 80 - 90 posts and while I love you all and usually read through it, it's too much to respond to everyone and try to jump in 90+ posts into a thread so I've been participating a lot less. I'm still here most days though, lurking like a creeper :)

Confession: I've started posting on WeddingBee because TK is so dead lately.

Confession: I probably should be doing lesson planning right now but instead I'm binge watching Stargate: Atlantis and messing around on the internet.

• Options
    @bethmiles I'm judging you for talking to the Bees. How could you????

• Options
    @bethsmiles are they at least entertaining?
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - They aren't as "it's your wedding do what you want!" as I would have thought, given their reputation on TK. There's definitely more of that though which makes for some entertaining drama at times. But OPs can delete any thread that they start (not just alter their OP, actually delete the entire thread) which is really disappointing because some of the best ones are just deleted.

• Options
    @bethsmiles I think it's the same on Wedding Wire. You can delete your own thread. It's BS is what it is! That's how all the good stuff disappears!

• Options
    @labro About an hour ago I was having a conversation with a co-worker about the strange names her husband has encountered while working in education. Abcde was the example she gave. It is an incredible coincidence to read it on the forum today. I am even more surprised that two families have done this to their children.
  • Options
    @Wildcat144 My BIL is a teacher so we hear a lot of crazy names from him. He has a really great poker face though so sometimes I'm not sure if he's being serious or just telling an urban legend (Shetheed spelled Shithead for example). :)

This one I heard from a friend's mom who is a NICU nurse. And some of the names I've seen in my college alumni newsletter are just ridiculous too.

• Options
    @labro my bf had a customer named Shetheed hahaha
  • Options
    @labro My mom worked at a hospital once that had a child born with that name. Her favorites though were Orangejello and Lemonjello pronounced "Oh-ronj-ello" and "Lem-onj-ello". They were twins.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    caseface5 said:
    @labro My mom worked at a hospital once that had a child born with that name. Her favorites though were Orangejello and Lemonjello pronounced "Oh-ronj-ello" and "Lem-onj-ello". They were twins.

Was she high on pain meds when she named them?  What is WRONG with people?!?
  • Options
    @minskat30 You should hear my mom when she tells the story. She pronounces them all sophisticated and it's a riot. Those poor boys! I'm hoping they are old enough now to change them!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @caseface5 I've heard those names in a story before about bad names, and I can't recall where. 

RE: baby names: I cringe reading my FB feed sometimes, but luckily most my FB friends pick sensible names for their kids. Although some pick a complicated name and spell it wrong, and I can't tell if they just were too stupid to spell check or did it on purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards