Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday is an asshole

Good morning. I'm a ragey crankball today (consider yourselves warned). 

We got 28" of snow this weekend. I spent Saturday on the couch with H, snacking and watching TV basically all day. Yesterday I started watching Downton Abbey (I'm 4 episodes in and I already love it) and I made a shit ton of food while H shoveled the sideways/driveway and dug the cars out. We spent the rest of the night watching football and I'm happy with the results of both games! I think the Panthers will win because good lord did you see them play yesterday? But I really hope the Broncos win because I love Peyton. 

This morning, I woke up at 4am and couldn't fall back asleep. The trains I take are suspended so I had to drive to work today. The back roads were complete shit but the highway was mostly clear. As I was merging onto the turnpike and getting up to around 50 MPH, my whole car started shaking uncontrollably. It ended up being ice in my wheels but I didn't discover that until after I had sat on the barely-there shoulder of the turnpike for a while and then I slowly made my way to the rest area where I bought a screwdriver to use as an ice pick. Of course the only gloves I had on me were fingerless. OF COURSE.

I made it to work after a little over an hour and half (a drive that usually takes 35 minutes in the morning) to find that the Keurig is broken. And there are people that live significantly closer showing up after me and complaining about their morning. Oh fucking really? I literally cannot with this day. 

Re: Monday is an asshole

• Options
    @Swazzle - I agree with you.  Monday sucks, and your Monday especially sucks.  Hope it starts to look up a little bit for you.

Thursday night we spent a few hours in the ER.  Got fluids and meds, checked on the baby, more fluids and meds, then went home.  I pretty much stayed in bed all day Friday sleeping.  Saturday, I slept in and then H took me shopping and I got a few new things to wear (THANK GOD) and then more sleeping.  Saturday night I started getting sick again.

Sunday, got up, went to church, ate some food, went to bed for a few hours.  Got up, ate some more food, took a bath, went back to bed.

And this morning, the puking returned full force.  My face is so blotchy from all the broken  blood vessels.  I look AWFUL and scary.  Can't wait to get off work and go home to sleep for a while.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF Oh no :( I'll ask my best friend what she was able to keep down and hopefully it works the same for you. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 OMG cutest puppy pictures ever! I love that she is sticking her head in the snow like an ostrich hahaha!!

@CocoBellaF Ugh I'm so sorry. I hope this puking stops soon!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Callie rolled from tummy to back pretty early on as well. That's so awesome that you were able to witness it! It's so surprising to us to watch them figure out how to move around.

@minskat30 OMG the bathroom looks awesome!! I hope the plumbers get back in touch with you soon!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Who hoooo! Congrats on the 15k!!!  That is an accomplishment and a half!

@TwoDimes - Insanely jealous of your lemon drop martinis over here.  That is my favorite drink other than wine.  Great minds think alike and all that.  ;)
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I don't know what we can do about the slanted floor honestly.  I was hoping we could reinstall the toilet with a new wax seal and prop up the one side with a little plywood but I have to run the idea past my BIL who may very well laugh at the idea.  It is driving me nuts but I'm just so happy that (a) we have a working toilet on the main floor and (b) the bathroom is SO much prettier than before.  
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I am past the first trimester.

@minskat30 -  I am taking Diclegis and they gave me some topical Phenergan but it konks me out so I can't use it at work or if I'm going to drive, only in the evenings.  My weight is holding steady so I'm thankful for that.  Tried Zofran but it didn't do much for me.  I love the picture of your partly-updated bathroom.  SO MUCH better.

@southernpeach89 - Congrats on the 15K!!  I would have also rewarded myself with lots of chocolate.  I hope everyone at your house gets some good sleep tonight, too.
  • Options
    @minskat30 the powder room looks great, even if it is a little slanted.  My house is slanted too.  We stacked tar paper on the main floor, underneath the flooring and it helped a lot.  It's still noticeable on the stairs though, especially after a few drinks. 

@southernpeach89 congrats on the 15k that's awesome!

• Options
    @cocobellaf - I'm so sorry...I wish I had some advice.  I was going to suggest Zofran or Diclegis but I have no other suggestions.  :(  Hugs.  I'm glad your weight is holding steady at least. 

@speakeasy14 - There was no evidence the room was slanted when we tore it out but there was SO much freaking tile I'm sure the builder just put a little more concrete underneath the sinking part to prop it up.  I'm happy with the bathroom even if we can't fix the slant.  It will drive my perfectionism nuts but I'll deal with it for a non-pink modern bathroom.  I can't help but laugh at your stair situation...I would be tripping after a few drinks.  ;)  

@swazzle - I LOVE the picture of you on your snow thrown.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Your powder room looks so great!!! Even with slanted floors it's a million times better than having a pink toilet and sink!!! Wtf is up with plumbers anyway? I wish one of them would get you a quote soon!!

• Options
    @labro - From your mouth to God's ears.  I swear if a plumber doesn't get back to me soon I'm going to flip.  WAY TO GO on completing the course for the 5k!  I'm so proud of you and @southernpeach89 - I would be so nervous to try a formal run.  
  • Options
    @swazzle sorry about your rough morning!

Saturday i did literally nothing but watch tv and sleep. My roommate watched both seasons of The Bletchley Circle on netflix and it was a great show. We got 30 inches of snow, Coraline refuses to poop outside in it (I don't blame her!) but due to catching her and rushing her outside I slipped on my steps yesterday morning and fell. I was PISSED so I stuck her back in the crate so I could go back to sleep for an hour and get a redo since it was still dark. Later, I went to work, drove home a few hours later and got stuck in the snow two blocks from my house because my fucking town didn't bring a SINGLE plow onto any of our streets FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. It took one hour and five people to get me out. I plan on not leaving my house today because thinking about leaving in the unplowed streets terrifies me and pisses me off.
  • Options
    @minskat30 What @labro said! There were so many hills but because there were tons of other people running with me, it motivated me to keep going. And...when everyone else is walking up the hills, it makes you feel better about doing the same thing lol.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @labro @southernpeach89 - Doing a formal run is on my bucket list, honestly.  I will never be able to run/run due to exercise induced asthma.  Even with an inhaler and in the best shape of my life in college...1.5 hours at the gym 6x a week with strength and cardio...I couldn't run for more than 5 minutes at a time.  That said, I would love to do a run/walk/run/walk at least.  I'd finish with all the old people likely but like @labro said, at least I would finish.  ;) 

@futuremrshistorian - LOVE the curtains.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Sometimes the only thing that works for me is doing intervals. I think in the last bit of the race before the final 1/2 mile I was running/walking block by block. I bet you could totally do a 5k! Some of the other ladies we went with only ran down the hills and walked when they were going uphill.

• Options
    @500days I've only done first class once and it was because to upgrade it would have only been $50 more! IMO, it was a fun experience. The flight was short-ish....just over 2 hours in the air, but we got served a meal, we got a drink before anyone else even got on the plane. They even gave us ACTUAL silverware....including a KNIFE! I guess we didn't look like terrorists. If you don't upgrade, will you have a significant number of points left? Or will you already not have many points left over? I'd say that if you're aren't going to have a ton of leftover points, then I would upgrade. But if you'll have enough leftover that you'll be close to another flight sooner rather than later then I wouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards