Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Good day! Today WILL be better than yesterday. I demand it. 

I drove home from work last night which was much smoother than my drive to work in the morning. I made HC herbes de provence pork tenderloin which was incredible (seriously, my HC meals from this past delivery were absolutely amazing). And I cracked open a bottle of wine which I eventually finished while bingeing on Downton Abbey.

There was even a brief FT with @audrewuh and @eilis1228 until my phone died! 

I had to drive to work again today because 1 of 2 of my trains is still suspended. Traffic was a nightmare compared to yesterday but before turning into my office garage, I had this view: 

And the office Keurig is working again! 

I'm hoping work is quiet so I can continue with DA and tonight I'll head home, cook, eat, watch something with H and head to bed. 

Re: Tuesday

• @Swazzle How far along are you in DA now? Still in the first season? I'm so glad your work Keurig is working again! Coffee is life.

@untouchablets I'm glad you get to reconnect with your BF tonight after that crazy storm!!!

We have bookclub tonight. I was supposed to read All the Light We Cannot See but I've been the worst bookclub member ever and never got around to it. I feel awful because I know it was a really good book. I just need to buy it on my Kindle and read it and next month's book before the next meeting. Anyway, I hope this restaurant we're going to is good...the last time I was there was I think 4 years ago for a friend's bachelorette. I had a dish and got horribly ill afterwards and I'm not sure if it was because the shrimp possibly wasn't deveined or if there was another issue. But it's been 4 years so I guess I'm willing to give them another chance (and not order another shrimp dish).

• @Swazzle Glad your venture home and in today was much better. 

Last night was not good for me. My neck has been bothering me so I sat with some Icy-Hot for a little bit when I got home, but it kept falling off so I decided to get up and do Zumba. I got a few minutes in and had to run to the bathroom. Apparently my stomach is still not up to par. So I was bummed. I sat on the couch the rest of the night and started watching NCIS on Netflix.

I am hoping that I am able to get Zumba in tonight. I also have to call my Dr to get a referral for a new Gastro because mine doesn't work anymore. Hopefully I can get in and find out what the hell is going on. My Stitch Fix should be there when I get home so I get to try on pretty things too!
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenna8984 Yay! I'm so glad your u/s went well and everything is measuring good!!! How many weeks are you now?

• @untouchablets - I'm so glad you finally get to see your BF today! 

@labro - I started season 2 last night. I bought that book but I couldn't get into it. I heard really good things so maybe I'll give it another try. 

@caseface5 - I'm sorry you're still not feeling great :disappointed: Yay for SF! Mine is still being styled and is supposed to arrive on Friday. 

@TwoDimes - Ain't nothing wrong with having your groceries delivered! I used FreshDirect a lot when H and I lived in our last apartment because we only had 1 car and he worked ridiculous hours. It was glorious. 

@jenna8984 - YAY for a successful appointment! So glad baby is doing well :smile: 

• @TwoDimes I love my bookclub too. It's nice to have a once a month thing where I have an excuse to go out to dinner, have a glass of wine, and hang out with a bunch of people I don't really see otherwise. Plus we read some really great books!!

• @TwoDimes delivery!

@jenna8984 glad the baby's looking good!!

@CocoBellaF yay no sickness!!! That's awesome!
  • @TwoDimes - And now I'll be buying maple flavored sausage and adding that to them! 

• @Swazzle Omg that recipe sounds divine!!!!!!!!!!! GIMME!

• @caseface5 aw hope your neck feels better

@twodimes that's so fun, Indy must have had such a blast and then slept so well after his snow playtime!

@swazzle oooo that sounds delicious!

@labro I'm sure the restaurant was a fluke and you'll be fine! Thanks, I am 13 weeks today!

• @speakeasy14 Be careful with that knee! I'd definitely give it a break if it's feeling sore and tender. Injuring it will be a much much longer recovery period than if you just go easy and don't push things. I do hope you get to ski this weekend...even if it's only for a little bit!

• @speakeasy14 - That's so nice that you can hang out with your mom at work! Your bourbon + cider sounds amazing. Be careful out there, woman!

@beanbot2002 - 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• labro said:
    I read everything, but all I walked away with is that I'm gonna be eating really good this weekend. <3<3<3 
    I hate you. I can't even tell you how jealous I am right now that @Swazzle is making all this amazing food for you!
    Cosigned
  • @speakeasy14 Do you get to use the mountain for free since your mom works there? H wanted to teach me snowboarding a few years ago but each time we went it was $50 per person and I didn't even use the lift or the trails, I was like crying on the bunny hill. So after like 3 times and a real lesson we said fuck this, too expensive. I really would have liked to have just gone to a hill somewhere and learned for free.

• @minskat30 Welll now that she has had the baby you could get her a bottle of wine or something for her kid? Or both!

Usually our bookclub is like...60/40 with the 60 being chit chat/catching up and 40 being about the book and there are usually one or two other people there who haven't read the book as well. But sitting there and drinking wine is also acceptable!

• @jenna8984 Yeah she gets 25 free day passes for the season, and I think 50 50% off passes.  And as long as she registers for the classes, I can get lessons for free.  

@labro and @minskat30 that's what I said! My bf said I should just tear it so I can get the surgery and not have to deal with a bum leg anymore.  We didn't speak for 5 minutes after that. 

@minskat30 hmmm do you know what she likes?  Maybe a spa basket?
  • @labro yeah, I said no thank you.  I've gone 13 years without it tearing, I think I can manage. 
  • labro said:
    minskat30 said:
    @labro - When I first read that I read "get her a bottle of wine for her kid" I haven't had my coffee yet but was picturing this...

When Callie is old enough to drink grape juice we will definitely be doing this while @southernpeach89 and I drink real wine and FT with all our friends!
    I look forward to bearing witness to this.  ;)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards