Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @labro agreed. What a dumb child. Still, I'd lose one piece of popcorn if it meant I'd have good luck and that alllll my dog parents will listen to me for the next six weeks lol
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @eilis1228, some of the bully sticks are incredibly stinky, but getting the right brand/product helps. I've found that the beef bully sticks smell less-horrible than the buffalo ones. I also will only buy the Red Barn brand. They smell the least horrible, are good quality, and last a long time. You can get tons of different lengths, thicknesses, and shapes (sticks, slices, braids, rings, etc.). CLICK

Since Indy loves them, and they keep her occupied, we pretty much have a constant supply. Since we use them so frequently, we get the biggest size/thickness (36 inches) so they last the longest. You guys can probably get away with smaller ones for Zoey though, due to her age and size. Also, PSA: valuepetsupplies.com has GREAT deals on bully sticks and other pet supplies and treats.

Oh, and special note: "bully stick" means penis. So that's probably why they smell so bad.  :s
    Life lesson learned....don't buy the ones from Costco and give them to your dog in a closed environment.

• Options
    @TwoDimes Cinders says "Yummy."

• Options
    TwoDimes said:

@untouchablets, how ARE they made?? Do they just chop it off and dehydrate it? When H first told me that's what they were, I didn't believe him. I literally said, "The ones we buy are 36 INCHES LONG. There's no way."

Yep, they're detached at the slaughter house. Then cleaned, stretched, and twisted, and can be dried, baked, or smoked.
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    I forgot what bully sticks were until this thread!  Rajah is a bully stick waster...he chews on it for a day or two then it lays around the house in a gross congealed mess...so basically I have a bunch of dried penises hanging around the house?  Not cool, Raj, not cool.  
    How does your husband feel about this?

• Options
    So in other random news..... 

• Options

• Options
    @AlPacina THREE MONTHS CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I didn't respond to everyone, but I read everything! I'm just a bad friend today. I honestly feel like it after what happened last night...I need some advice.

So my BFF and her H wanted everyone to rent cabins for their combined birthdays in March. Kind of a wine-tasting/dinner/more drinks/stay the night thing. She picked out the cabins: 2 one bedrooms and 1 two bedroom. Initially H and I said we would be willing to share since we are tight on money - I had told her beforehand about some of the expenses we've had come up in the past few months. Anyway I said we'd be willing to share with a specific couple. The couple agreed.
    Then last night I get another email where my BFF asked the couple we wanted to share with to take a 1 bedroom, essentially sticking us with the other couple. Let me be clear, I do not get along with this girl. I know I probably sound like a SS right now, but she's my BFF's friend, not mine. I tolerate her for BFF and I have told BFF this. I was so upset that after we had everything worked out, things got re-arranged without H and I being asked. We were now being told who to stay with.
    After talking it out, H and I decided to tell them that we'll go for the whole day to celebrate with them, but would come home to sleep. The place is only 45 minutes from our house anyway. So spending money to share a cabin for a night with someone I don't really want to be around (much less have to arrange who books it and who pays the other one back, etc.) just isn't worth it to me. I emailed everyone and told them it's bc we are tighter on money than we initially thought (partially true). But I'm honestly upset at BFF for re-arranging everything to appease this girl (when she initially asked me if she should even invite her own friend bc she KNOWS she's dramatic) and leaving me out of the loop.
    Ugh, the more I type the worse it sounds. I feel so bad for bailing, but H and I just don't feel comfortable with the arrangements. Am I completely out of line?
    I want to tell BFF how I feel but I don't want to get in the way of her relationship with this girl. I respect their friendship, and I don't want to make things awkward. Plus, BFF and I rarely have a miscommunication like this so I'm just in a weird place right now. What would NEY do?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yep, they're detached at the slaughter house. Then cleaned, stretched, and twisted, and can be dried, baked, or smoked.

• Options
    @AlPacina stupid teenager move.  I didn't stretch before a game one day.  I was doing one of these: 
     While midair felt a pop, landed and ignored the pain. Woke up the next day and my leg was stuck at a 90 degree angle.  Had to go to PT for a month just so they could get an MRI, only to be told that it didn't fully tear and because of that I couldn't get surgery.  15 years old and all the doctor could tell me was, take it easy. I wore a knee brace for maybe a month, then threw it out.  Still have no idea how I haven't torn it yet. 
  • Options
    @beachyone15 I wouldn't want to stay the night either.  If they had arranged it with you, that'd be different.  But to be told to do something you're not comfortable with, no thank you. I think saying you cannot afford to stay but just going up for the day is a good compromise. 
  • Options

@beachyone15 - If you're still going there to hang out then I don't think you need to feel pressured into paying for a cabin. That would be unfair for her to make it seem like you HAVE to stay there if you live close enough that you're comfortable sobering up and driving home. I wouldn't want to share a cabin with someone I don't like either. I don't think it's unreasonable. I'd just say I want to save money.

@speakeasy14 - That's awful! I'm so sorry that the pain comes back. I have an elbow thing from playing tennis that bugs me in dry climates. It's the most irritating thing ever, but that's hardly the same as a knee tear.

• Options
    @AlPacina haha I've had so many injuries I can predict the weather.  Or I'm the bionic woman.  Not sure which is better. 
  • Options
    @AlPacina haha I've had so many injuries I can predict the weather.  Or I'm the bionic woman.  Not sure which is better. 

@speakeasy14 -

• Options
    @speaskeasy14 and @AlPacina - Thanks. I just don't want to ruin her birthday plans. I know I probably caught her off guard since I had initially agreed to split. But I have a feeling the girl I don't get along with wanted to share to save some money as well, and essentially kicked out the other couple.
    H said he wouldn't drink (and he usually doesn't drink much anyway) so we'll be able to get home safe. Hopefully she'll understand.

• Options
    @TwoDimes - Agreed. I really hate confrontation.

• Options
    Thank you everyone. We just need to move through this rough patch and let time run it's course. Dealing with car wrecks is stressful but it won't last forever.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @beachyone15 - So awkward and weird.  Why would she switch up the arrangements to make you stay with someone she knows you don't like? Did she say the reason was based on the other girl wanting to save money?  If she says anything to you about changing your mind, I would start with reminding her that you respect that she is friends with this girl but you don't get along with her friend well enough to share a cabin and leave it at that.  If she tries to play a blame game, I would shift it right back and tell her you weren't expecting her to put you in that awkward position without talking to you first and you'd appreciate it if she had given you a heads-up so you could talk to her about it before she rearranged things.  

ETA - I also think you are in the clear not staying the night.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Obviously we're a super serious bookclub. ;) Did I miss it in your post? Did you get everything worked out with USAA yesterday? Or are things still in limbo?

@beachyone15 Like everyone else said, I think you're 100% in the clear here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards