Just Engaged and Proposals

I just reset my engagement ring- is it tacky?

Hello! When I got engaged, my Husband (then fiancé) gave me a 1.5 carat diamond in a plain band. Fast forward 2 years, I decided to reset the engagement ring as a halo and changed the wedding ring to a diamond stack ring

I got my rings back last weekend and I'm having second thoughts. Do you think it's too ostentatious? I work in a pretty conservative financial investment job

Re: I just reset my engagement ring- is it tacky?

• Hello! When I got engaged, my Husband (then fiancé) gave me a 1.5 carat diamond in a plain band. Fast forward 2 years, I decided to reset the engagement ring as a halo and changed the wedding ring to a diamond stack ring I got my rings back last weekend and I'm having second thoughts. Do you think it's too ostentatious? I work in a pretty conservative financial investment job
    I think they're beautiful. You said you work in finance, where presumably this could fit in not because folks are conservative, but because folks have money. I live in Chicago and see rings of this size/style with fair frequency. All that matters is if YOU love the rings. 

• Holy smokes you have tiny fingers! I think it looks amazing on you. You WILL get used to wearing it. It might even start to look small once you wear it for a while! I can say, if you lived in a rural farm town it might look out of place, but it doesn't sound like you do. Congrats and wear in good health :)
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    There is no such thing as too big, or too many diamonds when it comes to wedding tings and engagement rings.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That ring is gorgeous! 
  • I think it is absolutely gorgeous! Work it girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards