Not Engaged Yet

Guess what?

13»

Re: Guess what?

• @alpacina I have a friend who does that stuff with her boyfriend ALL THE TIME and I freaking love it!
  • Okay everyone's weekend sounds awesome. I want yummy food and drink :( Unfortunately healthy/sober January continues until Monday. I really regret making that 'resolution' for a month that has 5 weekends!!!

Crock pot pulled pork is probably my favourite thing. What do you add to it @swazzle?

• @AlPacina I always enjoy when that kind of shit goes down on fb!! Although my ex tried to do that but he made a story up about me that wasn't even remotely true for attention. Your first gif sums up my feelings at the time.

• @KeptInStitches - Holy cleavage! You look incredible!!!!!

@AlPacina - LRC = Left, right, center. It's a dice game and it's SO fun. We play with dollars, not chips and you roll the die and give a dollar to the person on your left, the person on your right, or in the center. Last person with dollars wins the pot! 

Bruce of the Springsteen variety, of course. 

cc: @GoldenPenguin because this gif is amazing

• @eilis1228 - My dog can be super worn out at night, and then be full speed ahead the next morning. If you run, it might be a good idea to try it before you go to work, rather than the night before. That is my best advice, at least, but I'm sure any exercise will help. I hope C25K works for you!

@untouchablets - It totally feels wrong to love it so much, but it makes me feel so much better about myself.

@wink0erin - I'm hoping he doesn't want to come over to our house this weekend or something, because I know for a fact he'll be spewing BS. One of my least favorite things about breakups is that sometimes you don't feel particularly bad for the party that's complaining to you and only giving you their side.

• @eilis1228 I hope you enjoy C25K! It's a great starter program and most importantly it gets you outside walking and running consistently!

• @eilis1228 - TK is acting up for me too lately.  I'm sure Zoey will do great with your goddaughter...especially if she is tired from daycare.  Just watch to make sure your goddaughter doesn't get too excited with Zoey.  ;)  Also WTG on C25K!!!
  • Swazzle said:

Bruce of the Springsteen variety, of course. 

cc: @GoldenPenguin because this gif is amazing
    @swazzle - This is my favorite Superbowl moment of all time!

• @swazzle we love LRC! We play at my family reunion every labor day. I won 2 years ago.

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @eilis1228 do some research on overexercising puppies. You could cause serious joint issues by running with Zoey while she is still growing, especially if she is truly a pit mix. Usually it's recommended to wait until they're a year to 18 months old to do hard exercise.
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @AlPacina I had the same thought about before work. I always lose the battle with the pillow in the morning. Getting H on board will help since he'll make sure I get up in the morning. I am NOT a morning person, but I agree that wearing her out in the AM will be much more effective.

@minskat30 I've been playing a little rougher with Zoey for the past few weeks and sort of mimicking things I think a child might do to her lol. She's gotten MUCH more patient, but there's a difference between me manhandling her and a stranger manhandling her. She gets scared and hides behind me every time she sees a kid around the apartment complex, but she does that with most strangers for a few minutes and then wants to play. I think she'll do the same tonight with our goddaughter, but we'll crate her if she acts up.

@labro I remembered you had a lot of luck with C25K, which is what made me decide to take the plunge and start it. :) 

ETA: @untouchablets Good idea, but I don't think it will overexert her. I've seen her play with other dogs. She runs after them full speed non-stop. Running is her favorite way to play. PetSmart told us she plays non-stop all day when she's at doggie day camp. I'll keep an eye on her though.

WTF TK. My avatar disappeared. Go home, TK. You're drunk.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 @untouchablets Is right....although with Cinders we definitely didn't wait the full year to start running on a regular basis. We just couldn't handle the energy over-load otherwise. Take it at a slow jog, watch her carefully, don't do it every day, and it should be fine. I talked to my vet about it before we started and he gave us the go ahead too. Plus the great thing about C25K is it is a very slow start! Perfect for new runners and pups! It's not like you're going out and running or even walking a full 5k on the first day!

• @eilis1228 yeah but you can't see what's going on. Just because you THINK she can go forever and plays rough regularly doesn't mean she should. It's not about overexerting her, or her not having fun, it's about doing unseen damage to growing joints. She could get arthritis in her knees and back, hip dysplasia, and elbow dysplasia at a very young age along with other joint and bone issues many breeds are prone to. Competitors in flyball and agility NEVER run their dogs before a year old, and those courses take less than a minute to finish. You won't see the damage until she's done growing those conditions are irreversible.
  • @teddygirl9 - I make the Skinnytaste version: CLICK

@eilis1218 - My biggest regret with Lucy is that she's not very socialized with kids. She's still scared of them to this day. None of my friends have kids and the kids in my family don't live anywhere near me so there was just no opportunity to get her used to them. I couldn't exactly borrow a kid from the neighborhood or something lol 

@eilis1228 @untouchablets @labro - You run for like 30 seconds at a time when you start c25k. It's not a freakin marathon. Is she REALLY going to damage a hip from doing a light jog for 30 seconds at a time in intervals? Puppies run around ALL THE TIME. Come on. 

• @untouchablets I appreciate your concern and the tips. Like @labro said, C25K isn't every day and isn't an immediate 5k. It's a lot of start-stop at first. I know my dog well enough to know when she's had enough, so I'll keep an eye on her. She definitely needs more exercise than what she's getting now, and C25K seems like a good option for the time being.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @caseface I think you need this!

• @swazzle @eilis1228 I just suggested that research should be done first. And frankly I wouldn't risk jogging for any length of time or suggest it to anyone, its different than when they're running in play. There's lots of research and info online about it. Take my advice or don't, I just thought it was something worth mentioning. 
  • @swazzle, that's by far the most cleavage I've ever displayed.
  • @KeptInStitches - You look HOT and should do it more often :wink: 

• @KeptInStitches FREE THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• labro said:
    @caseface I think you need this!

It bothers me that this glass never fills up.

• So beyond late to the party but that's a Friday at a different office for you!

Actually sounds like during summer I may not be here, I'll possibly be at my normal office.
    Yay and nay.

Yay - my actual office lol

Nay - this office is so close to downtown core that Matt and I planned on going there during nice weather and it would be convenient. Oh well ....

Not much planned this weekend.
    Matt's going out with some friends tonight. I'm still feeling drained quickly so I'm not going.
    Realtor appt tomorrow. Really just a "meet and greet" idea. Get to know the company, see what we're looking for, etc etc. After we're getting our travel stuff from travel agent! Three weeks!!

Internal debate:
    Pedicure or not?
    I have a gift card so it wouldn't cost money, but I've never gotten one and then had to put on socks/shoes to leave. I'm going to a spa.

I'm getting a manicure at another location because the designs they have are cuter and that's where I got my nails done for the wedding.

So do I get a pedicure and risk it getting ruined by socks or would they just make me wait to dry?
  • @MissKittyDanger get the pedicure.  Stay in the drying area a little longer than you usually would.  They usually have a drying spray that will help them dry faster too
  • @eilis1228 - I love love love C25k.  I did it the first time I started running and then did it again when I got back into it this time.  I did try to do W1D1 (where you jog for 1 minute and walk 2 minutes, or something like that) with Smudge once...didn't work at all.  We went about a block and she got really interested in something so I just took her for her regular walk and then went for my run by myself.  :smiley: 

Speaking of...I had a great run this afternoon!  3.3 miles, the longest I've gone in a long time...at a 10:10 pace.  I'm used to running about a 11:00 pace, so this is pretty epically awesome.  My plan now is to sit on my couch with Smudge and have a glass of wine and enjoy my weekly Friday-night indulgence of my hookah while watching Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta.  Because I'm cool like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards