New York-Long Island

Do Not Use Exit Transportation!!!!

I just wanted to share this with all of you... I wish I had been warned before hiring Exit Transportation.  My friend was married and used their luxury coach bus.  I loved it.  It was because of this that we used them last October for our wedding.  We traveled out to their office to pick out the exact bus that we wanted.  We were also going to hire them for a bus to bring the guest to and from the hotel.  However, after booking with them they pawned us off on another company who wanted to charge us double than the price we had agreed on with Exit.  They were unprofessional and disorganized.  My husband spent the week before our wedding tying up loose ends and making sure that everything was set for the big day.  We were supposed to get a limo coach bus fully stocked that fit 36 people.  We had 30 people who would be traveling in the bus from the church to the reception.  They sent us a completely different bus that only held 30 people.  There was nothing to drink and a "stripper pole" on the bus which I had specifically stated I did not want on my Wedding bus!  The bathroom stunk and when I complained about this being the wrong bus the driver explained that our bus went on fire last week.  (Something that wasn't mentioned to us the day before when my husband called to confirm!)  Then, as the driver sped along the LIE in the rain he pulled out a map and was driving wildly with the map across the steering wheel.  When we returned from our honeymoon we called to speak with the owner who "compensated" us with $200.  To say that we were disappointed is a understatement.  Never use them! 

Re: Do Not Use Exit Transportation!!!!

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    you had only 30 people traveling-why did you need a bus that held 36 people?
    also it's very common for limo companies to sub work out to other companies. that's not rare. the price should've been in your contract so that's a non-issue.
    i think $200 compensation for only having a stinky bathroom and empty is fair-nothing else happened! they weren't late, they weren't rude, they did what they were contracted to do.
    as for the stripper pole-as you know-put everything in writing or don't complain later.

• KKEENAN80KKEENAN80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a matter of fact we paid for a bus that would hold 36 people so that we wouldn't be sitting on top of eachother... which is what happened when they sent a smaller bus.  They were late... and unprepared because the driver should have known ahead of time how he was going to travel.  Instead of putting our lives in danger by driving with a map on the wheel.  I am aware that many companies sub work out... however, it would have been professional for them to inform us of this decision.. the price was in our contract, however, our contract was with Exit and the new company would not recognize it.  You are correct that the bus driver wasn't rude - except for the fact that he stunk up the bathroom prior to picking us up.  On the other hand, the owner was rude when we called to complain after the fact.  Thank you for your input, but unless you've had this happen to you on your wedding day you couldn't possibly fathom how incredibly frustrating this would be.
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}   I am sure you were upset and frustrated!!  I am sorry you had to deal with that on your wedding day :-(
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you... and I only posted this so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.  That's the point of this site anyway... right?
  • ktdollktdoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree KKeenan..I'm getting married this year and the main reason I look on these boards is for advice about who to use and who not to use!! I wish more people would put up reviews good and bad so we know what we're in for and then we can make our own informed decisions.
       As for me, I know I would also be really upset if that happened with my limo/bus company.  I mean, we're paying these people so much money to be sure that things are the way we'd like them.  And nothing to drink on your bus?!?! that alone is enough to frustrate a couple on their wedding day!  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and thanks so much for posting it....we future brides really appreciate it!Wink  
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_not-use-exit-transportation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:1459f1e4-1506-4b0d-827a-cb333c1a9a5dPost:10ac155c-5813-41b1-b4d8-34f037c2fd6f">Re: Do Not Use Exit Transportation!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a matter of fact we paid for a bus that would hold 36 people so that we wouldn't be sitting on top of eachother... which is what happened when they sent a smaller bus.  They were late... and unprepared because the driver should have known ahead of time how he was going to travel.  Instead of putting our lives in danger by driving with a map on the wheel.  I am aware that many companies sub work out... however, it would have been professional for them to inform us of this decision.. the price was in our contract, however, our contract was with Exit and the new company would not recognize it.  You are correct that the bus driver wasn't rude - except for the fact that he stunk up the bathroom prior to picking us up.  On the other hand, the owner was rude when we called to complain after the fact.  Thank you for your input, but unless you've had this happen to you on your wedding day you couldn't possibly fathom how incredibly frustrating this would be.
    Posted by KKEENAN80[/QUOTE]

Ok wait-you didn't say in your first post that the driver was late OR that you paid for a 36 person bus-only that you were 'supposed to get a 36 person one'.  You also said in your post that you told them 'no pole' and there was one in the bus. Your post wasn't clear abotu what was contracted and what wasn't-that's what I based my response on.
    I've been through my wedding already so believe me-I understand your frustration.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ali, I didn't feel the need to explain every detail in my first post as to why I was disappointed in the service I received.  I simply wanted to share a synopsis of what occurred.  The post was meant for brides who are still planning and would need recommendations... not for married women who have already been through their wedding.  Any advice for a wife I would post on the nest.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting...it's helpful to hear the good and bad with vendors, especially for me - planning my LI wed from FLA. Sorry that happened to you.
    edited December 2011
    I know why you posted it here-I'm just saying to make your posts clear and concise :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards