So far I've got:
- Nail polish in our wedding colors
- Jewelry for the day of
- Shawl to wear for the pictures
- Silk robes with the word "Bridesmaid" on the back, again for the pictures OBVS LAWLZ!!!!
Okay, sorry. I don't have any of that crap. But I would like feedback and suggestions on what I have. I am aiming for approx $50 per lady but some are already more or less, it's not a biggie to go over a bit.
For the tea lover -
- $15 gift card to Teavana
- A mug-topper that steeps the tea then drains into your mug, keeping all the leaves and twigs and whatever out of your mug
- A set of 3 flavored honeys from Hawaii
I think that's pretty good for her. That's right at $50, and she can buy tea with the gift card and that will be a little "set" for her. Or she can buy whatever the hell she wants with it, but what I'm saying is, it feels like a complete gift.
For the "learning to cook more fancier now that I'm an adult" one -
- $25 gift card to Sur La Table aka the fancy store
- Cookbook with recipes for the dutch oven
That's about $45 but it feels incomplete. I'd like to add some kind of ingredient, maybe a spice mix or an infused oil or something? She has a subscription to Blue Apron so she's trying out a bunch of new stuff, she may appreciate something adventurous. I am not an adventurous eater. Would love suggestions! I would say I can spend about another $10-15 for her.
For my MOH, a crafty cat lover -
- $25 gift card to etsy, she buys a lot of stuff for her cosplay on etsy
- A "washing your face" headband with cat ears, I also bought one for myself
- Ring pincushion
That's only about $40 and feels a bit less put together than the previous two. I'd like to add something else. Our friendship has been growing pretty distant so I'm not sure I'm comfortable making a sentimental gesture (beyond the card). She likes anime conventions and cosplay, video games, cats, sewing, and horses. And Irish stuff. Maybe a book of some kind?
For the DIY, crafty, dog lover -
- Gift card to AC Moore (of indeterminate amount)
Other than that, I got nothing so far. She's having a baby soon but I'd like the gift to be for her, she will probably need some "me" time (or, "her" time I guess lol). She likes crafting, dogs, margaritas, hockey, Pittsburgh, Billy Joel, and Dave Matthews Band. I can't think of anything not craft-related, and I know I'm kinda picky about my craft supplies so I don't want to buy her something she wouldn't like.