Chit Chat

First World Problems

I'm ordering the cable and internet for our new house. I just spent over an hour online trying to figure out if a channel is included in our "regional sports" or if I need to buy the bigger channel package. All because I hate talking to CSRs on the phone and AT&T/DirectTV make it nearly fucking impossible to get lists of local channels.

But yay for free Sunday ticket this year!

You?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: First World Problems

• Aargh! That sounds annoying! H & I always wish we could pick & choose channels a la carte instead of having to buy packages - most of the channels in which we don't even watch!

Today my FWP is that there are Girl Scouts selling cookies in my office building today, and they don't have the toffee ones that pair well with champagne, according to that cookie/wine pairing article someone posted a while back.
  • And son of a fuck my sister just tells me - now, after I order it - that we can each get $100 if she refers me.

God god dammit dammit.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • And son of a fuck my sister just tells me - now, after I order it - that we can each get $100 if she refers me.

God god dammit dammit.

Oh no that sucks!!!!
  • Got a thing in the mail about renewing my driver's license online because it expires in a few weeks. There are also electronic signs all along the highway that say "Need to renew? Do it online!". So I spend 15 minutes filling it out online only to get to the end and it tells me "great- print this out and bring it to the RMV!". I'm like you son of a bitch! Why keep telling people they can do it online, if they can't?!

• I work in an open office and I am so over people taking calls - particularly personal calls - at their desks and SPEAKING AT FULL VOLUME.

One guy in particular does this all the time. So. Annoying.
  • SO said we are on vacation hiatus. We went on 4 vacations LY and spent a shit load of money, so should probably save. But I'm still grumpy about it haha.
  • jenna8984 said:
    Got a thing in the mail about renewing my driver's license online because it expires in a few weeks. There are also electronic signs all along the highway that say "Need to renew? Do it online!". So I spend 15 minutes filling it out online only to get to the end and it tells me "great- print this out and bring it to the RMV!". I'm like you son of a bitch! Why keep telling people they can do it online, if they can't?!
    This happened to me when I went to renew my license in December after H & I moved into our new home. I figured it expires in April, so I might as well renew it online in addition to updating my address. Nope. Nope. Nope. I have to go to the Registry. The closest one is about a 10-minute drive from home, but the last time I went (to just change my name) I had to wait nearly three hours.
  • I'm home on short term disability because of my surgery last week. I'm bored and I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I want to head outside and take a walk (it's 74 degrees) or take a nap. 

• I have too many food options in my house, so I'm having a hard time deciding what to cook for dinner.

• I have the house to myself tonight (a rare treat) so decided to catch up on the good wife and eat a whole bag of popcorn. After my pasta dinner. I have zero willpower....

• jenna8984 said:
    Got a thing in the mail about renewing my driver's license online because it expires in a few weeks. There are also electronic signs all along the highway that say "Need to renew? Do it online!". So I spend 15 minutes filling it out online only to get to the end and it tells me "great- print this out and bring it to the RMV!". I'm like you son of a bitch! Why keep telling people they can do it online, if they can't?!
    I like how the RMV managed to aggravate you before you even go there. In CT, we can renew at AAA, which takes all of 10 minutes. Go to DMV to renew, it'll take hours, now that they've installed their new, improved system. 

FWP, just booked a cruise to Mexico/Cayman Islands, port side or starboard? Decisions, decisions.

God god dammit dammit.

You can call and see if they will do it retroactively. Just tell them you forgot to mention it when you signed up.

• ChelleJayneChelleJayne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    jenna8984 said:
    This happened to me when I went to renew my license in December after H & I moved into our new home. I figured it expires in April, so I might as well renew it online in addition to updating my address. Nope. Nope. Nope. I have to go to the Registry. The closest one is about a 10-minute drive from home, but the last time I went (to just change my name) I had to wait nearly three hours.

How often do you have to renew your license? I don't have to renew mine until 2054, when I'm 65. And then its every 5 years after that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2016
    jenna8984 said:

How often do you have to renew your license? I don't have to renew mine until 2054, when I'm 65. And then its every 5 years after that.

Holy shit!!! Where do you live?! In IL we have to renew every four years, then every two once you hit like 70 or something.
  • They don't sell my favorite brands of wine in the 1.5 L size.

• jenna8984 said:

Holy shit!!! Where do you live?! In IL we have to renew every four years, then every two once you hit like 70 or something.
    WTF? 

It's every 6 years in CT until 65 years old and then we have 'option' of 2 year renewals. I don't know why anyone would voluntarily take the 2 year option.

• @chellejayne When I lived in AZ it was good for 50 years. Here in MA it's 5 years.

@mairepoppy Great idea- looks like the AAA near me does do it and I am a member!!

• jenna8984 said:

WTF? 

It's every 6 years in CT until 65 years old and then we have 'option' of 2 year renewals. I don't know why anyone would voluntarily take the 2 year option.

I live in AZ. They recommend that you get a new license every 10-15 years to update the picture. It only cost like $12 to get a new license and the print it at the MVD, so you walk out with your new one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The line at Starbucks this morning was super long. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

God god dammit dammit.

we just signed up to switch to AT&T/DirecTV too and I told H that they do referals and his dad has it. But of course he doesn't ask for his # before we sign up so we both lose out.
  • jenna8984 said:

WTF? 

I live in AZ. They recommend that you get a new license every 10-15 years to update the picture. It only cost like $12 to get a new license and the print it at the MVD, so you walk out with your new one.
    Honestly, that's the way it should be. Going to the RMV here in MA every 5 years is super annoying.
  • The line at Starbucks this morning was super long. 

that was mine yesterday. I did mobile order but there were like 5-6 people already waiting plus they were filling some order of 10 togo drinks so my mobile order still took forever
  • Today is actually kinda good. I am on my way to my favorite Mexican restaurant for my most favorite in the world blue margarita and the new season of Vikings starts tonight (yessss). I'll drink one for everyone and see if I can't come up with something sucky tomorrow.
  • jenna8984 said:
    I'm in PA, and had a similar experience.  But it did end up saving me time.  I only had to wait through the photo line, instead of both the photo line and the renewal paperwork line.

• How often do you have to renew your license? I don't have to renew mine until 2054, when I'm 65. And then its every 5 years after that.

WTF? 

I'm in AZ, also, and love not having to deal with renewals.  When I changed my name, I sat in DMV for 3 hours.  And they forgot to take off the corrective lenses restriction on mine (I had lasik surgery a couple months before my wedding).  I took the stupid DMV eye exam and passed, gave the form to the chick processing my new card, but she failed to process that change on it. And by the time I got home and noticed, there was no way I was going to go back and wait again for them to correct it. Two year later and my license still says I should be wearing glasses, even though I have 20/20 vision now.

• I think we have to go every 8 years. Mine expired last year for the first time. But getting renewed here is so easy. Like in and out. Longest wait I think has been 15 minutes. Give person two pieces of mail with address pay 25$. Verify organ donation  get picture. liscense printed immediately and you are out the door. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016

You equals Me, @shessocold.  I would need that package and I would try to get that info online before talking to someone.

edit because using the = sign suddenly erases your sentence.

• We need a vacation. We have one planned for three weeks from now, but I want it nooooooooowwwwwwww.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards