Chit Chat

Updates on my FH

Re: Updates on my FH

• Will be praying for you & your FH.  Please keep us posted. 
  • Oh my gosh- so sorry to hear!

I work in a neuro/trauma ICU, so I see this stuff- but you still pray it doesn't happen to you, or people you know. Life is fragile. Good to hear no spinal cord or brain injuries.

FH sounds like he's doing well overall. He can definitely hear you. I am sure you will be his rock, but make sure you take care of yourself too!

{hugs}!!
  • I am so sorry.  I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.  
  • holy shit, im soooo sorry to hear this is happening to you @spockforprez. Im keeping you both in my prayers and thoughts! hoping for a speedy recovery 
  • Thanks to all for the comments and support. 

i really, really need to sleep. I managed about 2 hours earlier today when I left the hospital, but it was fitful. I took a clonazepam and it's helped calm me quite a bit but no sleeping yet. 

FH's condition remains critical but good. They are optimistic about his left arm and he has surgery around 6:30-7am tomorrow to repair the fractures. They were waiting to do that until they were more certain of its status so it is a great sign for him. 

The he dead tissue in his amputated leg releases a substance called myoglobin which can damage his kidneys. As of now his kidney function and urine output are still good. But they did a debridement on the limb to clear out additional debris and dead tissue, and that should hopefully stabilize or reduce the myoglobin, which reduces the risk to his kidneys. They will do at least one more of those, possibly tomorrow. From what I understand his amputation is quite high and he has almost no stump. This is disappointing as a prosthesis won't be an option, but we'll make the best of it. 

He he is intubated full time right now due to being in and out of the OR, but hopefully in 3-4 days when he's through most of the emergent surgeries and he can be extubated, he will be able to be far more present (although still on heavy pain meds) and talk and respond. 

Once E I can get some sleep and set up camp at my aunt's and establish a new normal I think things will be brighter. Thanks again for all your support. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so very sorry. So glad to hear your FI is as stable as he is and am sending you both so much love.
  • I hope you got some sleep last night Spock and this mornings surgery goes flawlessly!
  • I'm sending many positive thoughts to you and your FI! I hope the surgeries today go really well and that you are able to get some rest. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending so many positive thoughts your way! I can't imagine how difficult this is for you both right now, but your FI sounds very strong!
  • I'm so so sorry. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts! I hope his surgeries go well today.
  • Oh my god, spock. All the hugs and good thoughts and vibes for you both.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm so very very sorry for everything you both are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. All the vibes for good future surgeries and a quick and successful rehabilitation and recovery!

• I don't log on on the weekends and I just saw this. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I will be keeping you and you'r FI in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to get a good sleep in so you feel refreshed. Keep us updated as you are able.

• I am so sorry. Good thoughts and prayers. I am not a doctor and don't know anything about drug interactions but Ativan can be a good anti-anxiety med that may help you sleep a little.
  • Wow, this must be the hardest thing you will face together. I'm so, so sorry you both have to go through this. You are very lucky to have each other and have his brain and spine in tact. I'm really glad to hear they are able to keep his left arm. Will be constantly thinking of you and sending prayers that his condition improves and the surgeries and therapy all go well.

• Wow... I can't even imagine.  Sending lots of love and strength to you & FI.  Very glad to hear that there are no spinal or brain injury.  And hopefully things continue to go well for his arm.  It sounds like he is the type of person who will be able to overcome this... and he's got good support around to help him.  Life loves to throw curveballs. Take it all in stride.  Take care of yourself, because you can't fully be there for him if you get sick too. 

• Ummmm....holy ish! I am glad that things are looking up. He sounds like a great guy and you are lucky to have each other! Remember to take some time for yourself as self-care is so very important. And, if you ever need anything (an ear to bend, a shoulder to lean on, wedding help, anything) please reach out!

• Wow.  It really makes you think about how quickly life can change.  Thinking of you @spockforprez and hoping that everything goes well today.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this!  I wish the best possible recovery for your FI.  Hang in there, both of you.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Wow. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be. I am so sorry you are going through this, and I am sending all of the positive vibes your way! I hope you can get some rest and that FH's recovery continues to go smoothly.

(((HUGS)))
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad he's doing well! I am in complete awe of how incredibly strong you both are. 
  • I am so sorry that this happened! I'm sending the best possible thoughts to both of you! Take care of yourself!
  • Thinking of you guys today and hoping the surgeries go well. Make sure you're taking care of yourself, especially if you're not feeling week already. I'm glad you have your family there, and know you have a whole community here as well. 
  • Sending thoughts and prayers. It sounds like your FI is an incredible person, thinking so much about the people around him as he is. And you are too.

While I haven't been through anything like what y'all are personally, I have known many people who have (I've worked with a lot of wounded warriors, many of them friends). They say the most important thing for recovery is a good attitude. You guys seem to be focusing on what matters, so I wish y'all luck and will continue sending the good thoughts your way.

• I am so sorry this happened to you two, I am sending all the positive thoughts and vibes your guys' way. May you both have a speedy recovery, mentally and physically. 
  • I'm so so sorry.  All of the hugs and good vibes to you and FI.  Remember to take care of yourself too.  It can be hard in times like this, but it's crucial to retaining your sanity.  Keep taking one day, one hour at a time. *hugs*

• Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I am so sorry. *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards