Not Engaged Yet

Finally Friday

My Thursday was a freaking nightmare and I'm so relieved that Friday has arrived! I missed everything that went on here yesterday and it looks like it was very busy :cry: 

To make a long story short and understandable, the fact that there are 29 days this month made my job immensely more difficult and time-consuming  and it was the first day without my coworker since she's now on maternity leave. The day was basically an annoying shit show and I could barely eat and managed to get off the desk to pee twice. Then I finished work at 5 and got to the train station only to find out that my train was delayed. Once it arrived and I got on, they made an announcement that it was running local so instead of my town being the 1st stop, it was the 8th stop. I got home at 7, showered and packed for the weekend while H cooked dinner, we ate, and then I got into bed to read for a little bit with the (shitty) Devils game in the background. 

After work tonight, I'm driving to MA to spend the weekend with some of my besties! As usual, there will be lots of beer, foods, games, and laughs over the course of the weekend and I cannot wait because I desperately need it! 

I'm so excited for the Oscars on Sunday and every part of my being is crossed that Leo finally wins for best actor. I love him, always have, and he deserves it SO MUCH this year. 

I want chocolate chip pancakes and I'm really regretting not stopping on my way into work to get some. 

Re: Finally Friday

• @swazzle ugh that sucks! I had a super shit day yesterday too. At least you have this weekend to make up for it, have a blast!

@southernpeach89 aaaw 5 months and up on her belly and hands! Good luck with the crossfit at home challenge!

@caseface5 My dad has been looking at 55+ communities where he can get a golf cart and shit- some of them are SO nice! Have a nice dinner with (f)mil!

We are going to the Providence Bruins game tonight, it's the league below NHL so I really don't give a shit about it, but H won tickets on twitter so why the hell not.

Do you guys' states have excise tax bills on vehicles? I just got mine for this year and $550 for my new car, and $350 for H's truck. Like WHAT THE FUCK. My old car used to be $38......at least it's tax deductible next year but shit, I did not plan on that right now.

• @jenna8984 I like the P Bruins. Usually the place is empty and you can move down to be right on the glass. We love that because the players all slam up against you. Makes it a little more exciting. Also my excise was $35 this year, just paid it yesterday. BF's car is older than mine and his payment was $55. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 - 5 months already?! How is that even possible! 

@caseface5 - Have a nice time tonight and at the party for your BF's mom's birthday! 

@jenna8984 - I've never heard of that tax so I'm guessing we don't have that in NJ. That REALLY sucks though. Surprise expenses are bullshit. 

• @caseface5 OOOO I love apple martinis! Gosh I can't remember the last time I had one of those. I used to make them all the time in college. Have fun at BF's mom's surprise party!
  • Good morning, happy Friday everyone!

@Swazzle - You should have got the pancakes.  :(

I'm at work for a half day today.  I see my OB on Wednesday, so I guess we'll talk about my trip to CA and if I need to do longer term bed rest then.  I opted not to go to the ER yesterday and just stayed at home, in bed, all day.

This morning has been nuts.  H left early to play basketball at the gym before work.  I woke up sick, finally was able to get in the shower around 6:00.  Ate a couple of eggos and then started throwing up again.  Bax decided to have fish butt this morning too.  But I finally made it in to work so I'm happy about that.

No real plans this weekend.  I wanted to do lawn work and dress up the porch, but we probably won't be able to do that.  Oh well.
  • @twodimes ugh that sucks about your car. OMG yes to Fuller House!!

• @swazzle - Where in MA are you visiting?

@southernpeach89 - 5 months!? Holy cow! Those baby swings scare me because I got stuck in one once (I was a teenager so definitely shouldn't have been trying to squeeze my legs into the holes.)

@jenna8984 - Excise tax is sucky. We are buying a 2nd car in the near future and I'm not looking forward to the extra costs associated. Also H is working at the P Bruins game tonight! If you see an Irish guy at the Globe table, that's him.

@caseface5 - Apple martinis. Yummm......I think that might have been the first alcoholic drink I had, actually.

@cocobellaf - Sending so many hugs and T&P for your appointment next week! If you have to go on bed rest would you be able to WFH at all or no?

No major plans this weekend. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, I think I'm going for a lob so I will be cutting off about 5" of hair. I was going to do ombre or some balayage but I kind of hate spending money on my hair so I might skip that. Plus not coloring my hair means I can still wear my extensions when I want to.

Lately I've gotten really close with the wife of one of H's closest friends, which is awesome. I'm hoping we can hang out this weekend at some point. I'm just feeling a little gun shy because last weekend I asked her to come over for brunch and she never really acknowledged the invitation. She texts me all the time and has made other plans with me since then, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke thing...but it's making me feel a little insecure about reaching out to make plans again.

• @CocoBellaF - I know! Biggest regret this week, for sure. 

@TwoDimes - Can't we just win the lottery so we don't have to work anymore? They played the new theme song by Carly Rae Jepsen on the radio this morning and I got so excited! I won't be able to watch until next week at the earliest though. 

• @jenjen047 LOL! I used to try to get into those swings too when I was entirely way to big for one. I think she is going to love it. She loves the little swing we have for her here at home. I might need to being some cushion though because Callie is petite and the swing might swallow her lol.
  • @TwoDimes I'm excited too for Fuller House. Can't wait to see what it's all about.

@Minskat30 Yes I will be the host. I am doing it purely to get perks. I went to a party and wanted everything in the book, so I am doing it to get at least a discount. Not entirely sure what the full hostess rewards look like. I hope you get some time to relax and destress this weekend!

@jenjen047 I need a haircut bad! Make sure to AW whatever you decided to do!

@CocoBellaF I am so sorry you feel terrible. I hope things get better, I really do.
    friends tv show funy
  • @twodimes - If you're bored at work and Fuller House was released....I think you've solved your problem ;)

@minskat30 - Fingers crossed this weekend goes smoothly for you! I'm sorry you've got so much going on and are feeling so stressed. Hopefully H can take some tasks off your list. H is very good about doing the things I ask him to do, but I wish sometimes he would just think of/notice things on his own without me having to make a list. 
  • @jenjen047 Nice, I'll totally be on the lookout for him!

@labro I just opened and contributed to my Roth IRA- I figured if anyone would be proud, it would be you!

• @minskat30 - You need some destressing me-time stat! 

@jenjen047 - I'll be in Hudson. Can't wait to see your hair! 5" is a big change!

@beachyone15 - I'll sadly be driving for 4 hours tonight, right over dinner time. But I think we have plans to hit up the diner for breakfast this weekend so chocolate chip pancakes are in my future! I hope you're feeling better!

• @beachyone15 new beds are the best! Hope you feel better.

@speakeasy14 I love that dress! Also, the bows are adorable!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14  OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! Those are all so cute!! 
  • @speakeasy14 - I love the dress and all the bows!!!!  <3
  • @swazzle Sorry about the rough couple of days :( you definitely should have stopped for pancakes!!

@southernpeach89 5 months!! It feels like yesterday!

@cocobellaf fingers crossed that you can take your trip!

@twodimes I fully intend on binging on Fuller House later. And I LOVED Carly Rae Jepsen's version of the theme song. I think picking her was a great choice.

@jenjen047 I love new friends! It's nice to click with new people who aren't people you work with. Because I am not from here, I don't really have any friends I've made just because we got along and kept in touch after being introduced, most of them I only know because I worked with them lol but lately that's been changing!
  • @speakeasy14 - LOVE that dress and you did such a great job with the bows!

• @speakeasy14 SO CUTE

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @speakeasy14 - I LOVE that dress.  Please take a picture with you in it and post it post-shower.

Also, forgot something that happened yesterday I am so aggregated about and need to rant about.  It seems to be a common occurrence for Rajah to run away of late.  :(  A lot of that was construction crap and workers in and out, which we've fixed by yelling at people/making sure Raj is monitored or in a closed room during the construction.  Yesterday he found a new way out....we share a portion of our fence with a neighbor and their gas meter is in our back yard.  A city worker went to read the meter and left the gate open *just* enough for Raj to see his escape when H let him out to go potty.  Raj didn't see it open right away (or if he did, he didn't make a run for it right away), and neither did H, so when H went to go make a cup of tea, guess who went patrolling?  This (the neighbor's gate being open) hasn't happened before so we weren't anticipating it at all.  I'm so sick of him running away.  I know it is a breed trait for Pyrs to explore and run away (the common bad joke among Pyr owners is "What do you call a Pyr off leash?...A dis-a-Pyr") but it is so frustrating.  I was at work when it happened and H was out searching the neighborhood so he didn't call me to tell me what happened...thankfully a neighbor brought a sheepish Rajah back home shortly after he escaped.  

Short of inspecting our yard each and every time we let Raj outside to make sure all the gates are solidly closed, I don't know what else to do.  I welcome any other creative solutions though. 

eta - I think I am going to look into a GPS tag.  
  • Thanks everyone! I'm so happy with how they came out! 

@jenjen047 I'd extend another invite. Also can't wait to see your haircut.  I did a lob back in September and loved it.  Haven't cut my hair since, so I'm due for another. 

@beachyone15 hope you feel better asap!
  • @minskat30 have you looked into the invisible fences?  There are ones that are pods so you don't have to dig into the ground. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards