Chit Chat

Fuller House, anyone?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has already watched the whole first season?

What did you think? I thought It was cute. Very corny but in the Full House kind of way that makes it likeable. 

Re: Fuller House, anyone?

• I started watching the first episode this weekend when I got home (we were at a family reunion all weekend).  I just loved how it not-so-subtly brought back references.  I actually got chills watching them pan through the house at the beginning.  DH thought I was nuts.  I'll finish watching it later ... was distracted by the Oscars last night.

• Um, and hello @emmaaa ... I've been on mobile too much lately and am just now seeing your ticker .... CONGRATS!!!!!
  • We watched the first episode but I think I need to see this wother more alcohol.   It's a bit too campy but I'll still watch the rest.   
  • I'm sure eventually I will watch it, but my desire is low.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I watched the first episode.  I mean I know the original show wasn't known for its good acting, but holy hell was this bad.  I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore.  I may have to do what Banana said and watch it with a lot of alcohol.

• I'm going to start it ASAP. DH just hooked the DVD player up now so I can access Netflix >:)

• I haven't watched it yet but plan too. I liken it to me still watching "Girl Meets World" (I think that is the name) that is the spin off of Boy Meets World. I was never a huge BMW person but I liked the nostalgia idea. The new version brings back similar story lines and some character cameos that make me smile so I've kept watching even though it is pretty awful.
  • I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it. I was such a fan of the original and I don't want to tarnish my memories of it - same reason I haven't watched Girl Meets World. 

Also, congrats @emmaaa!
  • edited February 2016
    I thought I saw that but forgot to come back and check and congratulate you @emmaaa !  So exciting:).  

I watched the first episode.  I can't bring myself to watch any more.  I enjoyed the first few minutes as each cast member reappeared, and the way they teased the Olsen sisters.  After that it was just awful.

ETA - And I hate to admit it, because I hate the double standards in dress for women and men and slut shaming comments, but I'd be lying if I said Stephanie's boobs didn't make me uncomfortable.
  • GMW is awful, but I continue to watch it because I want it to have a fighting chance, and I figure every viewer counts. If it could get off Disney, it would be better. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I watched the first episode, and it was as awful and wonderful as I imagined it would be. I will definitely watch the rest of the episodes.

I know there were a lot of terrible reviews, and to be honest, if you didn't like Full House, then Fuller House is probably unbearable. But I love it, for nostalgia's sake.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AddieCake said:
    GMW is awful, but I continue to watch it because I want it to have a fighting chance, and I figure every viewer counts. If it could get off Disney, it would be better. 
    I agree. I still watch GMW and it is so bad. I keep hoping  Disney won't renew it one season and ABC Family or whatever it's called now will pick it up.

• I totally binged watched the whole season this weekend and I loved it. Not even a little ashamed to admit that. I loved all the nostalgia in the first few episodes and liked all the corniness it had. And the little kid Max is my favorite!
  • I watched the first episode.  I mean I know the original show wasn't known for its good acting, but holy hell was this bad.  I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore.  I may have to do what Banana said and watch it with a lot of alcohol.
    I thought the acting was a lot easier to deal with after the first episode. All the oldies are back in the first ep and I thought Danny and Joey were both terrible. Fairly obvious they're not acting anymore.

After that I thought it got more bearable. The kids were still awkward (as expected), but the adults aren't terrible. Or are at least as terrible as the original, so I a level of terrible I'm comfortable with.

I watched the first 6 eps with one of my oldest friends which was really fun. I'm sure I'll watch the rest some evening when I've caught up on the rest of my tv and H is doing something else. I know H wouldn't be able to deal with this show.
  • I don't have Netflix and need to crash one of my friend's accounts. I LOVE Full House and can't wait to check out Fuller House. 

• I thought I saw that but forgot to come back and check and congratulate you @emmaaa !  So exciting:).  

I watched the first episode.  I can't bring myself to watch any more.  I enjoyed the first few minutes as each cast member reappeared, and the way they teased the Olsen sisters.  After that it was just awful.

ETA - And I hate to admit it, because I hate the double standards in dress for women and men and slut shaming comments, but I'd be lying if I said Stephanie's boobs didn't make me uncomfortable.

Completely agree. I didn't expect it to be good but it was worse than I anticipated.

I really hope Gilmore girls is better.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2016
    anjemon said:
    I watched the first episode.  I mean I know the original show wasn't known for its good acting, but holy hell was this bad.  I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore.  I may have to do what Banana said and watch it with a lot of alcohol.
    I thought the acting was a lot easier to deal with after the first episode. All the oldies are back in the first ep and I thought Danny and Joey were both terrible. Fairly obvious they're not acting anymore.

After that I thought it got more bearable. The kids were still awkward (as expected), but the adults aren't terrible. Or are at least as terrible as the original, so I a level of terrible I'm comfortable with.

I watched the first 6 eps with one of my oldest friends which was really fun. I'm sure I'll watch the rest some evening when I've caught up on the rest of my tv and H is doing something else. I know H wouldn't be able to deal with this show.

SIB

This. I started watching it this morning and just finished episode 3. I'm not totally in love with it, but I'm still going to keep watching.

H has never seen Full House, which blows my mind. But, he's older and his kids weren't born until early-mid 90s. So, they were still too young when it was in full swing.

I watched it with way too much alcohol on Friday and I now need to rewatch it lol. I also passed out midway through the second episode. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• KatWAG said:
    I thought I saw that but forgot to come back and check and congratulate you @emmaaa !  So exciting:).  

Completely agree. I didn't expect it to be good but it was worse than I anticipated.

I feel that Gilmore Girls will be better because it will be a continuation of the show. With Fuller House there's a whole new cast to get used to and stuff. At least that's what I'm hoping for, I have high hopes for Gilmore Girls!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

KatWAG said:

I feel that Gilmore Girls will be better because it will be a continuation of the show. With Fuller House there's a whole new cast to get used to and stuff. At least that's what I'm hoping for, I have high hopes for Gilmore Girls!
    Same here.

Fuller House (at least the first episode) seemed to not be taken very seriously.  Sometimes it seemed like the actors were almost laughing at how ridiculous it all was.  I really hope GG stays true to the original show and doesn't try to shove in every single one liner or shtick from all the previous seasons into one episode.

• My FI is obsessed with it.  I like it even though I roll my eyes a lot because of the cheese factor. Some parts I LOL'ed at. DD likes it a lot, so it's our new family show we watch together. We are on episode 6.
  • I watched the whole season.  The first episode is pretty cringe-worthy.  For those who stopped watching after the first episode, it did get better.  I think the first episode pretty much focused on pandering to the fans in the audience and was going for as much nostalgia as it could in the most obvious way possible.  A couple more episodes in there are actually some storylines and it's watchable.  Not in a "OMG this is really great television" watchable, but watchable in that way that all those old TGIFriday shows (Full House, that one with Urkel, etc.) were - cheesy and fully of schmaltzy "awwww shucks" moments.
  • I will watch it eventually but I am not in any hurry.  It'll be one of the shows that I watch when there is nothing else on and I am bored.

• Watched whole season in one day! I kinda love it :) Such a good update to the original
  • Loved it! Yeah, it was a cheese fest, but it gave me the feels and I actually liked the storyline.

• I love that its so cheesy, almost like its making fun of itself.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I watched the first episode  on Tuesday night.  Liked it okay, was planning on watching more.  Got halfway through the second episode last night, and I just can't do it anymore.  It's just Soooo Bad.  I wanted to like it.  I did.  But I'm done.
  • I just finished my Friends binge and started Fuller House. I'm not impressed, the acting is terrible... Yet, I keep watching! 
  • Just watched the third episode, and it made me SO uncomfortable. The choreographed dancing, the INCREDIBLY revealing clothing (I don't want to see Stephanie's boobs that much), and... an appearance by Macy Gray?! So. Random. Is it the early 2000's?

I want to keep watching, I really do... But I just don't know if I can. Especially after a coworker told me she thought the third episode was the best, and I could barely watch it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards