Chit Chat

Fuller House, anyone?

2»

Re: Fuller House, anyone?

• I definitely watched the whole season over the weekend.  I was expecting cheesy just like the original so cannot be disappointed.  It was my favorite show as a kid so I had to watch!  Agree the first episode was weird, but it did get better and do not think it was that horrible. I am actually looking forward to season 2 :)

Anniversary
  • So I finally binge watched through episode 10 last night. I kinda love it. It's cheesy, just like the original, but not AS bad (no cue-ing the sappy violin music).

I will definitely keep watching. It's not the greatest show ever, but it's good enough for me to be fresh and nostalgic.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I used my Netflix free trial to binge-watch it as soon as it came out.
    Admittedly, I was barely old enough to know what a T.V. was when the original episodes aired (I'll be 23 next month), but I always liked watching the reruns as a child. I thought the new series would be worth a shot, and it was. I laughed at the same type of cheesy humor, but I liked the nod to the series being geared towards the older viewers (Stephanie's "special brownies.." Ha!). Overall, not the greatest show out there, but I may just have to sign up for Netflix just to watch season 2.

Now, the real question still stands...should DJ choose Matt or Steve? Or should she do her own thing?

• i started it last night, and i am on episode 4. i agree that it was definitely hard to watch the first episode, the acting was TERRIBLE but i think it was meant to be more cheesy which i can deal with lol. the 3rd episode let me just say i think stephanie wants to escape the "little girl" image and that's why her clothes are a lot more revealing lol but we will see how it progresses
  • SPOILER if you haven't finished Season 1

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

@MrsH2016 I was so glad the writers decided for DJ not to end up with a man at the end of the season. She chose herself and her kids. So many shows focus on people (women) *needing* someone else to help them make it through. I  liked that she is going to remain working on herself and learn to count on herself with Kimmy and Steph.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016

I watched the first 9 eps last night.  I agree, it's cheesy (as was Full House) but I get that vibe from a lot of sitcoms.  I feel like their acting has gotten a bit better (Jodie especially was a BAD kid actress) but Candice's voice still annoys me.  I did LOL at some lines, but I'm mostly watching it because of nostalgia. 

Girl Meets World IS awful (but it's also Disney.......)

edit: Spelling

• emmaaa said:
    SPOILER if you haven't finished Season 1

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

@MrsH2016 I was so glad the writers decided for DJ not to end up with a man at the end of the season. She chose herself and her kids. So many shows focus on people (women) *needing* someone else to help them make it through. I  liked that she is going to remain working on herself and learn to count on herself with Kimmy and Steph.

Yes, I agree! DJ seems like a smart woman and parent. I don't have kids (yet), so I can't imagine how stressful the single parent life would be. It made me really glad that the producers turned her into a character who isn't needy or dependent on others to live a good life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards