Not Engaged Yet

Tacky Tuesday

what is happening in the universe that I, audrewuh, am starting a daily thread??

hello friends! I'm typing on my iPad while in wait for my flight this morning. I thought you Gus are normally awake and chatty as he'll about this time in the morning but clearly I am wrong. 

So, before my breakfast gets cold, today's questions!

whats the tackiest thing you've witnessed lately? 
how often do you do your nails/get them done?
What are your thoughts on the Ides of March?
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: Tacky Tuesday

• Good morning! I went to bed at a decent time last night, but I'm still a little sleepy today, so hopefully that will go away in the next little bit. 

Last night I went home and just layed on the couch. I tried to sleep but it wasn't working. When BF got home we made dinner then watched Gotham and he fell asleep. I was in bed by 9:30 and it was so nice. 

Tonight I have to go get a headlight and bring some chairs back to my mom. Then I have to do Zumba and hang out for the rest of the night.

What's the tackiest thing you've witnessed lately? 
    I can't think of anything. I'm sure there is something..

How often do you do your nails/get them done?
    I had a Jamberry party and got a ton of free stuff, so I've been doing them every 2-3 weeks. When I have to pay for it, it's far less often. I will get a pedicure soon though with nice weather coming.

When I was in high school I took Latin and we recreated it every year when people were going to lunch. We did it safely though, Caesar got stabbed with a plastic spoon!
    friends tv show funy
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    The only thing I've got going on for me today is I'm graduating a 7 month old dog who lunged at me and regularly tries to bite while his owner follows none of my instructions on how to prevent/manage his behavior. I'm referring to a friend of mine who has more experience with that kind of thing because he's a big dog and I can't do home visits or openly call one of my students irresponsible while at work. I hope she gets her act together with him because his issues are totally fixable but she just has to put the work in or else he'll be truly dangerous. I'm glad I don't have to work with them again but also worried a about it. If she hires my friend I know she'll be in good hands. 

Whats the tackiest thing you've witnessed lately? 

Does this count? Last week I asked a lady at work to hold on to her dog's leash in the store so he's not running all over and out the door, and she screamed in my face, threatened to get me fired, went to her car, came back, and yelled at me some more. If it doesn't count, then I've got nothing lol

I used to get my nails done every other week but I'm too broke for that now and I am awful at doing them myself lol.

I had to google what is was and found a funny tweet in which someone stabbed a bottle of Ceasar dressing. 
  • @labro - I'm off to El Paso for a 36 hour trip to interview high school students that are going to come work/hang out with my students this summer. 

@jenna8984 that lobster sounds amazing! And I didn't get to say it yesterday, but happy birthday!! 

@twodimes that makes me want to vomit. Bride this weekend was excited she had already gotten 1k from honeyfund. She continued to sing its praises and I bit my tongue. I was proud of myself for only saying once the party line that you don't need to ask for cash if you already have everything you need. 

Good luck today, @CocoBellaF !!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @minskat30 - OMG YES.  OK, my tackiest thing is a lady at church on Sunday telling me that I reminded her of when she was pregnant, because she was huge, too.  THANKS.  Also, K's room is pretty!!  I'll AW once we get the flooring put in next week, the chandelier installed, and the bookcases/crib set up.

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @labro because they only bought six classes and he has improved since I started with them as far as breaking his other bad habits like jumping and leash walking goes, and all of the commands I taught are solid. If they want to buy more classes obviously I'll teach them, but I already told the owner that I'm not equipped to deal with his bigger problems. 

Edit: FWIW I wouldn't have even taken him in the first place if I had known about these issues. I'm supposed to refer those dogs out. But she was completely dishonest with me about him, when I asked her the routine questions about his behavior she just gave me a list of normal puppy issues. It wasn't until three classes in when he started posturing and she was like "oh the ridgeback in him is showing!" And I was like "no, that's aggression." I have done my best to work around it.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @CocoBellaF Wtf...thanks for nothing church lady!

@untouchablets ...I mean I guess I don't even get it. A biting dog is not a safe or trustworthy dog. I get there is only so much YOU as a person can do, but wow.

@TwoDimes You should totes send them a giftcard to some store.

@audrewuh Good luck with finding an intern!!!

• @minskat30 Walking farts! We laugh at those in my house, too funny!

@twodimes UGH with that poem. I think you win for tackiest, and only because I think @audrewuh's wedding story needs a name that is worse than tacky. Also that menu has me drooling.

@labro Are you touching up the paint or doing a new color? I forget.
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @caseface5 I'm doing a new color in the lower half of the hallway. I actually JUST painted it last year but I was never happy with how the lower half came out...it ended up being really mustardy yellow and it was never what I expected. I found a taupe color I like a lot more than I'm painting it over with. Luckily it'll take way less time to paint it than it did to tape everything up. I'm re-painting the guest bedroom because it's kind of a pale teal color and I'm not a huge fan (plus the wall needs some repairs and stuff) so I'm repainting it in basically a shade of wheat.

• @labro I made an edit! Also I agree with you, but like I said I didn't know when she signed up. If I had more freedom I would be able to do more to help them. That's all I care about... I just want to help dogs and their people. Unfortunately, I can only tell people how to solve problems, I can't force the owner to give him more exercise or supervise him at all times. 
  • @labro Ahh makes sense! We have to paint the guest bedroom and office eventually, but I think our next project once we get the gallery wall up and door painted is the kitchen. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Morning ladies!

@andrewuh safe flight and thank gawd that wedding is over ....

@CocoBellaF  spoiled pup ;) also good luck!

@TwoDimes That poem .... *gag* It's almost insulting they would assume people would need it :\

@minskat30 good luck at appt! :)

Not much last night. Matt did up his resume and I had to proofread it. Brought some stuff up to the locker and I finally went through some of our towels. He now has a Skype chat with the recruiter tonight.
    We're trying not to get too excited, but we also found out they're looking at hiring about 5 people. *fingers crossed*

Tonight I'm making my mum's favourite dinner and going to bring some to her. Macaroni, tomatoe and hamburger.

Hmmm good question .... probably when Matt said some recruiters just add him to LinkedIn and nothing else. No msg, nothing.

Not often. Usually at most twice over the summer, but that's it. I'm more apt to do them myself. I think this year will be more because I got my nails done before our trip and I'm going again in May with a friend before she goes away. Although I'd rather getting pedicure done.

Had to google this .... funniest thing I found lmfao

• @minskat30 Oh I've got an awkward moment for ya......old man Jim at my work (that I don't interact with) came up to me in the cafeteria and said "So I hear it's a boy- Jim's a great name, he should be baby Jimmy!" I was stunned in silence.

• labrolabro member
    @MissKittyDanger So how was the towel sorting? Any exciting finds?

• @labro Oddly yes. I was excited to get rid of some stuff and get some spring stuff out. Plus found towels I completely forgot I had! It's weird I enjoy sorting through stuff ....
  • @twodimes my eyes are bleeding from that poem!

Daylight savings time is still affecting me...considering every clock in my building says an hour earlier. It made it feel like the day went by super quick yesterday. Maybe the same will happen today lol wishful thinking.

I checked my area's wedding planning fb group this morning and saw MANY tacky things. "IT"S YOUR DAY!"

I get my nails done every 2-3 weeks. Love my nail lady Sina.

Just another day for me. 

• @swazzle - All the prayers and vibes everything is normal.  When are they calling you?  
  • @swazzle - All the vibes!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards