Not Engaged Yet

It's Friday!

Re: It's Friday!

• @speakeasy14 - I love the cut and style of the dress.  You're going to be a stunning bride! MOH! My dress was ivory lace over champagne.  I loved the champagne, I think yours will be perfect.

corrected ;-)
    labroSwazzle[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • @AlPacina I think he still performs! I recently went to a book reading/signing with Rainn Wilson, the guy who plays Dwight, and he said that Creed in real life is the EXACT same as Creed in the show... It made me really happy.
    [Deleted User]AlPacina
  • AlPacinaAlPacina Portlandia member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

@PamBeesly524 - It was just extra great for me because I already loved that band! I remember him mentioning the Grass Roots in an episode of The Office, but I thought it was just a random joke for the show. I watched an old performance of theirs and he made hilarious/creepy/weird faces and everything!

Screenshot from the video:

He probably has 50% of my favorite quotes from that show:

[Deleted User]eilis1228speakeasy14
  • SwazzleSwazzle New Jersey member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Confession: I've never seen the Office. 

labro
  • beachyone15beachyone15 TEXAS (the home of my exes) member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    @eilis1228 - Oh my gosh, so glad your H is ok. He should wait and see if he's sore the next few days though - still might want to get checked out. I really hope you are safe at your job! The other day I mentioned that our VP is leaving and we don't know what's going to happen next so I know how scary it is.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

eilis1228
  • Swazzle said:
    Confession: I've never seen the Office. 
    Me either!  
    Swazzleeilis1228labro
  • jenna8984jenna8984 clam bakes & patriots member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    @speakeasy14 that dress is awesome! And when I drove across the country I definitely passed by/through Scranton and was so excited about it LOL

speakeasy14
  • PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @eilis1228 too many things! Right now I'm working on knitting a blanket for my BIL and his fiance - I've made one for each couple in H's family around wedding time so it's a tradition, but a big blanket with a lot of design! I also have two baby blankets that I'd like to start/finish soon.. I'm also sewing a teddy bear that, depending on how it comes out, I'll give to a friend at work who's daughter just turned two.

I love sewing/knitting but finding the time is impossible sometimes!

ETA I just read the rest of your post - glad your H is ok!  
    eilis1228
    @eilis1228 - Also, I realized you replied to me twice up there but the second one just says "?" 

Are you questioning my existence?

LizzyTish88labro
  • eilis1228eilis1228 Southwest member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    @Swazzle Green bean casserole, corn casserole, mac n cheese, ham, rolls, banana pudding, chocolate cake... so many delicious foods! Also, you HAVE to watch The Office! But be prepared for a lot of second-hand embarrassment... it took me a few rewatches to really get past Michael being so cringe-worthy. Have you seen Arrested Development? The second-hand embarrassment is very similar. 

@minskat30 I'm going to take it a day at a time and see what happens. We have some really nice benefits here, and my boss is amazing. My boss said that this sort of thing has happened in the past, and when the finances rebounded they bumped up everyone's pay and gave big bonuses. She's really trying to get me to stay and stick it out. H and I can manage thanks to his income and no kids. We'll have to rework the budget, but we can make it work if we need to. We had some aggressive plans with my student loan payments and saving for a house, but we'll deal. The field I'm in doesn't have a lot of opportunity for growth, but given the nature of my job, I could switch into an account rep/account management position in any industry and be fine. H and I agreed that I'll update my resume and see what happens here. 

@PamBeesly524 YES! It was oddly peaceful since we were safe on the covered balcony. I remember being a kid and running out to watch the storms during tornado warnings too. 

@TwoDimes Thanks for the vibes! I wish my boss would stop building it up and then not giving details. It may not be that bad, but in my head I'm expecting the worst.

@beachyone15 Ugh, I'm sorry you have similar transitional stuff at your office! It makes working productively very difficult! 

[Deleted User]minskat30beachyone15
    Swazzle said:
    @eilis1228 - Also, I realized you replied to me twice up there but the second one just says "?" 

Are you questioning my existence?
    Always. 

Hahaha no, I was asking @wink0erin if she has terrible teeth like we do. The formatting of the post made it look like I was getting existential on you.

@TwoDimes

@eilis1228 - Omg that all sounds so good! I have not seen Arrested Development. I don't watch a lot of comedies for some reason. 

[Deleted User]eilis1228PamBeesly524labro
    edited March 2016
    @TwoDimes You sit on a throne of lies.

ETA: I  misread the quote tree and thought you were saying you didn't watch The Office either. For a librarian, my reading comprehension is terrible.

@PamBeesly524 Knitting and sewing are such time sucks. I'll look up, and four hours have magically passed. 

PamBeesly524
  • @TwoDimes - Sorry, we don't watch a lot of TV honestly (unless it is football season for H or a big event like the Oscars for me).  I maybe watch 15-30 minutes of TV a day during the week?  Some days it doesn't even get turned on.  On the weekend it is a max of an hour to an hour and a half usually.  We are actually thinking of canceling our cable since we watch so infrequently.  
    edited March 2016
    @Swazzle Ahhhh Arrested Development is so good! With both shows, be prepared for A LOT of cringing. Sometimes the main characters make situations so awkward that it makes you, the viewer, feels super awkward. It took me a while to really love The Office because Michael made me so uncomfortable, and H still has that issue. However, it's now one of my favorite shows, and I frequently rewatch it. It's up there with Friends-- I can quote most of the episodes and never get tired of watching it. 

ETA: @TwoDimes JIM! <3 No lie, H and Jim have similar personalities, and that's one of the reasons I decided he was worth keeping. In fact, H and his best friend are currently discussing how to pull a prank on the best friend's roommate. 

SwazzleAlPacina[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • @eilis1228 @Swazzle I second Arrested Development! H and I constantly argue over who is the best character in that show and we change our minds all. the. time.... Lucille? Buster? GOB? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!
    eilis1228AlPacina
  • I never really got into The Office when BF used to watch it. I thought it was funny, but never got into watching it regularly. My favorite moment though is when they are getting the basketball game/teams together.

LINK
    friends tv show funy
    AlPacina
    Swazzle said:

@AlPacina - Don't you Prince me with my own Prince! 

@swazzle - Sorry! I should have done this!

I'm with @TwoDimes, though, and didn't pick up on the show right away. I really didn't like the first season, especially. It's still almost too awkward. But it really grew on me when I came back to the show later.

eilis1228Swazzle[Deleted User]speakeasy14
    @eilis1228 - OMG, poor Ann!!! Gob is such a hilariously terrible person. I love it so much...... Also sending healing vibes to your H! I'm sure he's just not feeling any pain right now, but it's quite possible that he might. Make sure he takes it easy!

eilis1228
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards