Budget Weddings Forum

Honest thoughts on cash registries?

2»

Re: Honest thoughts on cash registries?

• Not to my knowledge, but it may explain the uric taste. Thought it might be from these boards not changing in 4 years.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Not to my knowledge, but it may explain the uric taste. Thought it might be from these boards not changing in 4 years.
    Oh well, nevermind. No doubt your comments will change everything  :)
    Troll alert.  This poster has not been active since December, 2014 and is now suddenly commenting on a host of posts.  Many smack of "stirring".
  • Or we have a wedding date and I decided to wade into the pool of WASPs on a slow work day. 
  • Or we have a wedding date and I decided to wade into the pool of WASPs on a slow work day. 

Wow, someone thinks she knows the demographic of the boards? How awfully presumptuous of you.
  • rodigsorangerodigsorange member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2016
    All the handkerchief wringing over these unfamiliar habits, traditions, and actions of ~those~ people. Those ~tacky~ people. Yeah, the boards act like white bread is a spicy dish. Now you wanna put down the rock and contribute something of worth to say on cash registries or you going OT this thread to the ground?
  • Setting aside whether or not cash registries are tacky (they are), they are undoubtedly stupid and pointless.  Everyone is aware that giving cash is appreciated, particularly if there is some sort of cultural tie-in as you seem to be trying to suggest.  People will give you money whether you specifically ask for it or not.  So why would you set up a registry that may offend some of your guests and absolutely will take a cut of the money they give you?
  • Remember, if it's not the established poster's culture or region, it's rude. It's rude to have granny bake ethnic desserts, it's rude to ask for cash, and it's rude to wear silver to someone else's wedding.
    Oh FFS. Spare us the class and ethnic warfare. 
  • Here's my two cents: if you are already worried about offending people, then don't have a cash registry. Odds are someone will be offended. Set up a small registry. Some people will be giving you cash anyway, so no worries. My fiancé and I currently live in an apartment, so we don't really need a lot of things, so our registry will be pretty small too. Hope this helps.
  • Something I learned is that with some cash registration, you don't get the full amount of the gift. Some place charge fees to use them. You are better off just letting guests give you checks/cash.

• I personally don't think it's rude.....but that could be because it's common in Italian culture. 

There are so many different websites/apps now that set everything up for you and make it less abrasive. Registering for pots, pans etc didn't make sense for us since we already had all that traditional stuff. We used the money that we were given and put it towards our honeymoon fund.
  • I personally don't think it's rude.....but that could be because it's common in Italian culture. 

There are so many different websites/apps now that set everything up for you and make it less abrasive. Registering for pots, pans etc didn't make sense for us since we already had all that traditional stuff. We used the money that we were given and put it towards our honeymoon fund.

SITB

Do you enjoy giving a percentage of your gift to a middleman? It's rude to ask for money, and your guests know how to give cash directly, so it makes zero sense at all.
  • geebee908 said:
    I personally don't think it's rude.....but that could be because it's common in Italian culture. 

SITB

Do you enjoy giving a percentage of your gift to a middleman? It's rude to ask for money, and your guests know how to give cash directly, so it makes zero sense at all.
    AND the last comment on this was almost 3 months ago. There was no need to resurrect it.

Honeymoon funds are common in Italian culture or gifting cash?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    Whether or not something is rude is not a personal opinion.  Asking for a cash gift IS rude.  This is exactly what a honeymoon fund does.

It is also rude to resurrect an old thread just to post a personal opinion. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards