Not Engaged Yet

Tired Tuesday

Re: Tired Tuesday

• @CocoBellaF - We basically put new dirt, mulch, and plants in our flower beds. So I was hunched over a lot which didn't hurt at the time but now I'm thinking that's what caused the pain.
    @swazzle - I feel the same way. There's a small part of me that doesn't even want to watch it b/c I feel like it's just going to be brutal!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15 - I always feel that way after spending a few hours bending over in the dirt.  Hope you feel better tonight/tomorrow!!
  • @cocobellaf I'll be like 34 weeks at graduation time so technically still "allowed" to go. But I think I will probably just skip it in favor of when she gets home like @pambeesly524 suggested. She had weekends in school that were really busy that she made the trip for my bachelorette party and wedding so I do feel guilty not making it to her big day. But being huge, plus not even attending the ceremony seems kinda silly...maybe I'll reconsider if she's able to get me a ticket.

• Totally reasonable, @jenna8984.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle I laughed and cried SO MUCH! I haven't watched that movie in years!

• @labro That is one of my favorite movies! 

• labrolabro member
    @AlPacina Our camping style doesn't exist lol because we've never really gone together. His dad always sets up a HUGE kitchen when they camp because it's what his dad loves to do. He brings out all the cast iron and cooks up all sorts of stuff! For us...I think we want to start small rather than invest in a ton of stuff in case we don't get out that frequently. We're basically starting from scratch though! We only have some hammocks right now....AND that's basically it. Luckily we don't need a ton of heavy duty stuff since we live in Georgia so we can even get away with a couple blankets instead of real sleeping bags right now so I'm kind of focusing on other stuff we'd need like cooking related things since we'll obviously need to eat.

• @alpacina Is Louie the Louie CK show? Have you seen Baskets with Zach Galifinackis? He produces it and it's f-ing hilarious but in a dark, dry humor. H watched it with me and said it was stupid and left the room but it's so witty funny.

@wink0erin I know right?! I'm pretty sure she did get a 1 way ticket. She's supposed to be going to Chicago in a few weeks as well....and Europe! Like legit just using excess student loans for all of it! I would never do that but she figures 400k, what's another 15?

• Random side notes:

My uncle has said when Matt and I buy a house, he's coming with us for inspections. For a couple years now, he's been trying to figure out why my granny's place is so cold constantly. Finally figured it out ... someone took out the air intake or return by taking out a main wall.

Essentially, her place shouldn't have passed inspection.

So ... yeh. Damn.

Also my uncle is helping Matt fix our table that has a giant crack down it from the wood drying out, then we're fixing the chairs and hopefully they won't fall apart anymore!
    Summer projects!
  • @speakeasy14 - Oh no, strep AND flu?!?  Hope you get feeling better ASAP.
  • @jenna8984 I mean, traveling is awesome and I would travel as much as possible if I could, but lawd I would NOT add to student loans to do so.

• labrolabro member
    @speakeasy14 Oh no! Feel better soon!!!

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016

@labro – Some of our cooking staples (like things we definitely own multiples of because they’re great to have) are camping silverware (sporks, basically), collapsible bowls, and our jet boils. My BF also has a bowl that’s metal on the outside, and then has a rubber lining, so he can take the lining out and use it as a pot or add the lining and it makes a great bowl to eat out of. It has collapsible handles like THIS. We also really enjoy our inflatable pillows, so we don’t have to bring our home pillows and get them dirty...... I realize a lot of this is not necessary unless you're backpacking, though. It's also just kind of fun to have!

My BF hates camping with my parents because they basically do everything the same as they would at home, haha. Nothing rugged about their style at all.

@jenna8984 – I’ve liked about half of the Baskets episodes. Sometimes it’s too slow for even me, haha. But I think Galifianakis is a comedy genius. (ETA: Yea, that's Louis CK!)

@MissKittyDanger – That’s so terrible! People take the craziest shortcuts with their homes!

@speakeasy14 – I’ve missed you! I hope you feel better soon! Callie looks like she’s being an awesome helper, though.

• @speakeasy14 oh no! feel better!

@eilis1228 sewapalooza? So fun!

• @PamBeesly524 Yes! We are really excited about it. We have to schedule them a few months in advance because our weekend schedules rarely mesh, but it's basically our own private quilting retreat.

• @alpacina True! I think H happened to watch the one where the mom is hospitalized and I was like I swear the rest aren't this straight up depressing! But the mom's character (and Louie Anderson) is perfection.

• @speakeasy14 Feel better! We need you in tip top shape in 10 days!

@eilis1228 That 
    sewapalooza sounds like fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 - Ugh, hope the meeting today isn't too bad.  :(
  • @speakeasy14 - OH NO! Feel better ASAP! 

@eilis1228 - I bought a waterpik about a month ago I think. I've used it every single night and I bought Act that I rinse with every night. I swear to all that is holy, if I go back for my next cleaning and am told that I have even ONE cavity, I'm getting them all removed. 

• @speakeasy14 - Hope you feel better soon. Drinking lots of hot tea and watching chick flicks is my remedy.

@eilis1228 - I hope the discussion isn't too bad. My fingers are crossed for you lady!

• @eilis1228 Yikes, best wishes at your meeting! 

• @swazzle LOL I feel the same way. I'm going to hunker down and use the waterpik, floss, AND mouthwash every day. I better have a perfect check up in October. Having crappy teeth and gums is the worst. Have you noticed a difference after using the waterpik?

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! I'm really glad my manager spilled the beans last week so I know what to expect. We have all-staff meetings every other month, and upper management is pretending this is nothing out of the norm. I think quite a few people are going to be blindsided. I feel like I should make popcorn for the shit show that is coming. 

• Thanks everyone! 

@swazzle the waterpik is amazing, I also suggest getting an antiseptic mouthwash. My gums are prone to bleeding and my dentist told me to only use an antiseptic mouthwash, helps a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards