Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday is one day closer to Friday

Re: Tuesday is one day closer to Friday

• @twodimes aaah good job hubs! Hope Indy feels better real soon- love that she loves chicken nuggets haha

@minskat30 YES! When I was working as the administrator I'd get SO many production employees getting their paycheck and storming in that they needed that money back. I felt bad for these people who really needed that extra bit and all I could do was change the setting back, I couldn't "refund" them which was always a fight.

• @TwomDimes - Awww Indy! I want Wendy's chicken nuggets so badly now! 

• @CocoBellaF - I'm starting to see women deliver on my board too (most are, I assume, pre-E or multiples). Thankfully all the babies have been healthy so far.  Pre-E is no joke.  I sincerely hope your BP stays down.  I assume your doctor is checking for protein leakage in your urine.  

@jeann8984 - Huh!  I had never heard of a company making a minimum baseline for a contribution if you fail to take action.  Like I said, I always try to max out my 401k but there have been years where that wasn't possible and, frankly, I would be irritated by someone else dictating what I need to save.
  • @minskat30 - I assume she is too, but nothing has been said so I am also assuming that it looks fine.  I feel like 140's isn't terrible, especially since it doesn't stay up there.  I'm still trying to hold out until June at the very least.
  • @minskat30 It's not saying you have to contribute a certain amount. It just bumps you up 1% each year to a max of 10% (unless you opt out). It's supposed to be a way to gradually urge you to contribute more because you're less likely to notice it in such a small increment each year, rather than jumping 3-10% in a year. But yea, mine didn't used to warm people first! lol

• @Swazzle  i've had my student loan rates change if "prime" changes.

@TwoDimes hopefully Indy is feeling better! Such cute fur-parents :')

@PamBeesly524 first off, very cute dress! Second, if you're up for colour tights maybe a soft yellow or pink? If not, maybe look at nude tights. Depending on your skin tone, nude-pink would be nice. Ideally navy, but you've already vetoed that ;) If you opt for navy, find one super dark similar to the top {take dress with you if need be!}
  • @PamBeesly524I would vote navy with brown boots, how dare you veto that?!?!  :)
  • @PamBeesly524 - OMG I LOVE THAT DRESS!!!! I'd wear tan tall boots with nakey legs. I don't love wearing tights personally but I think nude would go best because navy would be too much. 

• I'm also with @Swazzle... I wear dresses with boots and no tights if it's not too cold.  Maybe those knitted boot sock things?  I have knit ones that I pair with boots when it's colder, but the lacy ones are so cute for spring.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @PamBeesly524 - Navy pumps and nude legs is my vote.  Or tan boots with nude legs or navy tights (but only the latter if the boots are tall enough).  WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT DRESS though?  I love it and want it.
  • @PamBeesly524 - This is what I was thinking: 

• Aaaannnnnndddddd I completely missed posting.

Last night we ended up ordering dinner - which was good because then I didn't have to do lunches today. Matt was home with a migraine and I think I strained muscles in my back/shoulders this weekend, because I was just in so much pain yesterday. I basically got home and lay on the bed whining for about 5mins. Ended up taking a bath and putting A535 on, which helped some.

I also went through a bag of clothes, and happily enough got to donate some. Other shirts were ones neither of us want to get rid of - sentimental value - so I put those into our trunk of stuff. That way it's out of the way and not getting confused with anything else.

Tonight we're bringing stuff back to my mum's and I think I'll get her to massage my shoulder/back. She's got tiny hands so can really get knots.

Like most of you, it's freezing here too. Unfortunately we may get snow tonight/tomorrow :'(
  • @eilis1228 - I've always had Hondas, and they've always had A/C issues.  :(  My due date is 7/18.  Still quite a ways off.
  • @eilis1228 - Ugh, I'm sorry about the car A/C.  :(  I hope you get more time/use out of your car.  
  • @CocoBellaF I've only had the AC go out once before this, and it was when a rock flew into the system and put a hole in something important. I don't remember the technical terms lol. Oh geez, that IS a way off still. Was the girl's baby OK? Try not to worry too much about it and just keep an eye on your BP. *hugs*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - Both of mine are variable which makes sense now. I just hadn't experience a rate increase in all these years so it threw me. H and I had a 2001 Honda Civic with over 300k miles on it (the engine was replaced at some point) and she still drove like a champ! They are such good cars but car upkeep in general sucks. Then again, so does a car payment, though. 

• @eilis1228 - I haven't heard anything more yet.  :(
  • @Swazzle Yeah, at this point we need to sit down and see what everything costs and decide if we want a car payment or if we want to invest a few grand into my car. Both scenarios suck. My car could probably go another 10 years if we put like $6k into it, but then again H keeps talking about getting a new car in 3 years, and I don't know that $6k for 3 years is worth it. We shall see!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @PamBeesly524  I've seen so many cute things on Modcloth but never bought because I've never spoken to someone about the quality! Thoughts? Quality vs price?
  • @MissKittyDanger I think it can be hit or miss - A lot of what I've gotten there has been great quality.. Actually my bridesmaids dresses came from there and they were cheap and comfortable. However, I did get a pair of shoes once that seemed really flimsy so I sent them back, and a lace dress recently that felt like it would fall apart. But I'd say 9/10 times, good quality.
  • @futuremrshistorian said it better than I did! Love that Easter dress.
  • @jenna8984 – I hate when hormones go wacky. I’ll go from loving everything one day to just absolutely hating my life and wanting a new start the next. Luckily it goes back to loving life before I make any drastic decisions, haha. I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon!

@TwoDimes – Awww, did she not get vaccinated for kennel cough? Marv contracts basically everything, so I get him all the vaccines, haha. Doggy daycares are disease factories.

@futuremrshistorian – That dream sounds like the worst thing ever. I’m so sorry! It’s got to be so hard constantly having that worry in the back of your mind. Sending you some huge hugs!

@PamBeesly524 – You’re so lucky your building is dog friendly! I heard ours used to be, but now we have a coworker that’s allergic to basically everything and ruined it for us. We can’t use anything scented either or she’ll yell at us. . . Also, I want that dress more than anything right now. I’m sure brown boots would look really nice with them, as long as they’re brown and not too orange or anything. If your boots are a dark color then I think the gray tights would go well.

@MissKittyDanger – What’s A535?...... Also, my opinion is ModCloth is awesome.

-------------------

Hi everyone! I keep forgetting it's not Monday.

Saturday was spent mostly in the yard. We filled our enormous yard waste bin, and I added a few plants and other decorative touches to the yard. We also replaced our faucet, which we've been holding in place with duct tape for over a month now. I didn't realize faucets were so expensive, though!

Sunday I spent almost the entire day in the sunshine reading In The Woods. That book has an ending that infuriated me even more than Gone Girl. You've all been warned.

Yesterday I went to hang out with my friend that recently had her surgery. She was being too active, in my opinion, but you could tell she was going a little stir crazy. We went to a nursery and I bought some more beautiful plants that I'll hopefully be planting tonight. Looks like the sun will be out again! We got sushi for lunch, then curled up and watched one of my favorite musicals from the 50s.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards