Chit Chat

Got laid off today .... drink with me?

2»

Re: Got laid off today .... drink with me?

• I'm sorry about the layoff, K!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just saw this.  Oh no!  Been there myself (multiple times) and survived.  Good luck to you.  I hope your next job comes swiftly and is even better than the last. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Late to reply, but I am so sorry to hear this! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Guac. And offering up my Monday cider to you right now. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks, everyone!  Your kind words and support mean a lot!
  • Yup.   The title says it all.  My employer claimed that we are doing so well, yet they laid off at least 5 people today that I know of (including me).  I'm pissed as hell, but the good news is that I got a severance package and I'm also getting paid for my remaining vacation.  And I'm eligible for unemployment. 

So I'm a bit drunk right now on a batch of Texas Martinis my husband made.   Someone else drink with me?
    I will totally have a drink with you!

I just found out on Monday that due to budget and enrollment, 3 of us are being let go once our contract ends (thankfully we get paid until the end of August since that's when our contract is officially up).  As far as we know there's no severance and because we are a Religious organization, we don't pay into unemployment so we can't collect.  

Needless to say if I don't find anything by July, we are moving in with my inlaws since DHs old room is still there and there's a smaller room next to it that can be DDs nursery until we get back on our feet.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
     I raise my glass of scotch to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards