Chit Chat
Options

First World Problems

edited April 2016 in Chit Chat

I know I start these a lot but I feel like I have a lot and my life is boring.

I had to reschedule my wax appointment when my sister and I decided to go out of town on Friday last minute. My eyebrows are out of control and I'm not going anywhere without doing something about them. So I will probably have to get them done at a nail place and that always makes me nervous.

H and I had to book a room for his cousin's wedding. There was a block and no rooms available online outside of the block. I wanted to book through hotels. com because we're one night away from a free night but we were unable to. Wah.

Edited to remove a link I didn't know was there.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    I have a meeting at 1pm today, which means I have to take lunch at noon. I hate taking lunch that early.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate my co-worker.  So.  Much.  She's a nice person, but she's IMPOSSIBLE to work with.  She "delegates" a lot.  To me.  This morning, she couldn't open a document on our website to edit, so she demanded asked me to come over and "fix it."  Because I have a big sign on my forehead that says, "I'm from the IT department."  When I couldn't fix it (shocker, right?) she demanded asked that I move all the files she wanted to work with to the homepage and send an email out to tell everyone.  I almost asked her why she couldn't upload the original documents herself, since she was the one who had them, but I "woosah'd" my way out of her office and did it myself.

P.S.  This whole time, she was on bluetooth with her aunt and speaking Spanish to her and English to me.  And then she wanted to talk about how annoying her aunt was.  I'm like... please just let me go back to work.

Less than a minute passed between when I left her desk and got back to mine, and I discovered I couldn't open any of the docs because they were checked out.  I messaged her, and asked her if she had them checked out, she said yes, and I immediately asked her to check them in.  An hour later, she still hasn't done it.  Come to find out, she went out for lunch.

Face.  Palm.

And she has this irritating way of breathing where on every exhale she makes this weird little grunting noise.  I can't even describe it, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I am a little cranky today.  Rawr.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I don't want to eat the frozen meal that I brought for lunch but it's raining outside and I don't want to go out in it.
  • Options
    anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    I had to reschedule my hair appointment because I was playing in church and had a rehearsal. And half of the weekends in April are taken up with concert prep. And now we have a puppy and I can't make weekend time to go to the salon. So adorable new puppy is cutting into my pampering time. And I'm shaggy and my color is almost gone.
  • Options
    I personally love that you start these, SSC.

I brought an English muffin with me to make a sandwich on for lunch. I put it in the toaster and got it too toasted. Boo.

• Options
    I personally love that you start these, SSC.

I brought an English muffin with me to make a sandwich on for lunch. I put it in the toaster and got it too toasted. Boo.

That reminds me, I bought a loaf of sourdough bread this weekend (my fave) and I accidently burned it in the toaster. I slathered on the butter and still ate it because burnt sourdough bread is better than no sourdough bread. It wasn't my proudest moment though.
  • Options
    I eat burnt toast all the time.  I feel like it's punishment for being a slow learner and not checking the toaster setting.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Okay, I have more. The marketing team member on my second project is annoying the heck out of me. He's a nice guy, but I don't think he understands how any of us actually do our jobs. We are talking about schedule and every so often he says "so let's just start it now" and "why can't we just..." and the reason is process. Every time.

I can't just do all my work right now, because we haven't gotten through all the gates to start. This is a very regulated industry and there are a lot of rules about what we can and can't do. And the company has even more rules and gates to make sure we do things right. So no, I can't just do it right now to make your marketing timelines better.
  • Options
    The salon I'm getting a mani/pedi at (through groupon) charges $20 for shellac removal.  Seriously?  It's $5 in all the other salon's I've been to.  It should just be soaking the acetone on the nail with the foil.  What are they doing to charge $20??? 

• Options
    I love these threads too:)

Mine is terrible.  DH introduced me to Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.  They are so addictive and I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.
  • Options

Kate Spade currently has a purse that is very similar to my long lost purse soulmate with this cool convertible strap.

But I spent too much money on hockey to be able to buy it. :(

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The salon I'm getting a mani/pedi at (through groupon) charges $20 for shellac removal.  Seriously?  It's $5 in all the other salon's I've been to.  It should just be soaking the acetone on the nail with the foil.  What are they doing to charge $20??? 
    Ugh. When I got my nails done before my wedding, it was shellac. I didn't even know that it was more difficult to remove than normal polish! When I got a mani/pedi on my honeymoon, they also charged something like $15. Granted, that was at a resort in Mexico, but lame.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    anjemon said:
    Okay, I have more. The marketing team member on my second project is annoying the heck out of me. He's a nice guy, but I don't think he understands how any of us actually do our jobs. We are talking about schedule and every so often he says "so let's just start it now" and "why can't we just..." and the reason is process. Every time.

I can't just do all my work right now, because we haven't gotten through all the gates to start. This is a very regulated industry and there are a lot of rules about what we can and can't do. And the company has even more rules and gates to make sure we do things right. So no, I can't just do it right now to make your marketing timelines better.
    I blamed my new puppy for cutting into my grocery shopping time and used it as an excuse to eat out. For several months.
  • Options

Kate Spade currently has a purse that is very similar to my long lost purse soulmate with this cool convertible strap.

But I spent too much money on hockey to be able to buy it. :(

This reminds me of another one... H gave me a Coach bag last year, and I used it EVERY day, until a few weeks ago, when I noticed a little tear in the leather where the shoulder strap connects. I took it into the Coach store, and they said the repair would be really expensive if they did it, since they would basically have to replace the whole panel. They said I should take it to a shoe repair place, but I am too damn lazy. So I have been stuck using my backup purse, which I don't hate, but I don't love it like I do my Coach bag.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wear spanx to mitigate the damage caused by a lack of thigh gap and they keep rolling up.
  • Options
    I'm breaking in new leather shoes. My heels hurt!

• Options
    I just told my boss that I'm okay with going to TN for 2 weeks of training the week after I get married.

I'm not.

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    I eat burnt toast all the time.  I feel like it's punishment for being a slow learner and not checking the toaster setting.

H just burned the crap out of some toast Friday night (was making breakfast food for dinner) and decided to yell at me for it burning since it is "my" toaster and he has never been able to figure it out. Maybe if you used it like a normal person and didn't feel the need to do 2 cycles you wouldn't have this problem. I've never burned toast in it in all the years I've owned it but magically it is a shitty toaster because he struggles with it.
  • Options

Mine is terrible.  DH introduced me to Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.  They are so addictive and I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.
    On a similar note, it's National Grilled Cheese Day - and I just started being gluten-free.
  • Options

On a similar note, it's National Grilled Cheese Day - and I just started being gluten-free.

• Options

Thank you, @thefanciestbeckler and @kimmiinthemitten! It's going to be tough, but I'll try to be strong.
  • Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2016

On a whim we bought marble tile and a marble backspash for our kitchen which we are remodeling. Now, I'm wondering if marble will look weird in our funky 70s house, as it'll be next to a brick wall and hardwood floors. We still haven't picked cabinets or granite. Remodeling is hard.

ETA: why does HGTV make it looks so easy!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I hit a turkey flying across the road this weekend and did over $1,000 worth of damage to the car. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hit a turkey flying across the road this weekend and did over $1,000 worth of damage to the car. 
    Holy cow! I hope you weren't hurt! 
  • Options
    I have another.

Our dishwasher has been broken for 3 weeks. I had a repairman come out right after it broke, and he found out that it's still under warranty so he recommended calling Best Buy (where we bought it). I thought, "great! free repair or replacement!"

So, I called Best Buy. After getting talking to a bunch of different people, they tell me they can't help me. They said I needed to contact the manufacturer, so I did. It took forever for me to get transferred to someone who didn't think that I was just trying to get a free new dishwasher. Finally I get someone who is actually nice and helpful and competent and he submits a service order.

They sent a repair man out today. He couldn't fix it. The part needs to be ordered.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THE DAMN DISHWASHER FIXED???

Ok, rant over. Total FWP, but frustrating nonetheless.

• Options
    I have another.

Our dishwasher has been broken for 3 weeks. I had a repairman come out right after it broke, and he found out that it's still under warranty so he recommended calling Best Buy (where we bought it). I thought, "great! free repair or replacement!"

So, I called Best Buy. After getting talking to a bunch of different people, they tell me they can't help me. They said I needed to contact the manufacturer, so I did. It took forever for me to get transferred to someone who didn't think that I was just trying to get a free new dishwasher. Finally I get someone who is actually nice and helpful and competent and he submits a service order.

They sent a repair man out today. He couldn't fix it. The part needs to be ordered.

I hate dealing with appliance repair. What a PIA!
  • Options
    New house has a spa pool - No idea if it works and I don't know if I can be bothered trying if it turns out it doesn't work. Also, too cold for swimming in the pool but too warm for the sauna :'(
  • Options
    I have another.

Honestly, bestbuy is the WORST.  They told me the same thing 6 months after my stove was installed.  Not even 1 year!

• Options
    Holy cow! I hope you weren't hurt! 
    I am fine, just the car and the turkey were injured, but a cow would have hurt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards