Chit Chat
Options

First World Problems

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    I love these threads too:)

Mine is terrible.  DH introduced me to Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.  They are so addictive and I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.
    On a similar note, it's National Grilled Cheese Day - and I just started being gluten-free.
    Now I know what I want for dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    anjemon said:
    Okay, I have more. The marketing team member on my second project is annoying the heck out of me. He's a nice guy, but I don't think he understands how any of us actually do our jobs. We are talking about schedule and every so often he says "so let's just start it now" and "why can't we just..." and the reason is process. Every time.

I can't just do all my work right now, because we haven't gotten through all the gates to start. This is a very regulated industry and there are a lot of rules about what we can and can't do. And the company has even more rules and gates to make sure we do things right. So no, I can't just do it right now to make your marketing timelines better.
    I blamed my new puppy for cutting into my grocery shopping time and used it as an excuse to eat out. For several months.
    We might be about there and we've only had the puppy for 5 days. H forgot to thaw the frozen beef yesterday so we scrounged in our freezer for dinner. There were not very many options.

Now that I learned it's National Grilled Cheese day I'm thinking I'll stop for some sandwich stuff and that will be dinner tonight.
  • Options

Mine is terrible.  DH introduced me to Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.  They are so addictive and I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.
    On a similar note, it's National Grilled Cheese Day - and I just started being gluten-free.
    That's sad.  Last weekend I found this brewery that has AMAZING grilled cheese.  It has 4 kinds of cheese, basil, and bacon on texas toast, served with tomato soup. I had seen good reviews of it, so decided to try it and it was really good.

• Options
    I have another.

Our dishwasher has been broken for 3 weeks. I had a repairman come out right after it broke, and he found out that it's still under warranty so he recommended calling Best Buy (where we bought it). I thought, "great! free repair or replacement!"

So, I called Best Buy. After getting talking to a bunch of different people, they tell me they can't help me. They said I needed to contact the manufacturer, so I did. It took forever for me to get transferred to someone who didn't think that I was just trying to get a free new dishwasher. Finally I get someone who is actually nice and helpful and competent and he submits a service order.

They sent a repair man out today. He couldn't fix it. The part needs to be ordered.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THE DAMN DISHWASHER FIXED???

Ok, rant over. Total FWP, but frustrating nonetheless.
    Honestly, bestbuy is the WORST.  They told me the same thing 6 months after my stove was installed.  Not even 1 year!
    DH and I will never do business with Best Buy again. We bought an entire kitchen full of appliances from them as well as a washer and dryer, and I've never seen such horrible customer service. There were lots of other problems besides the dishwasher- issues with deliveries, "losing" our order, refusing to install some of the appliances due to "policy", etc. This is just icing on the cake!

• Options
    I ran to the grocery store down the street from work and picked up sour cream to make bacon dip for the shift and the stupid self check out kept telling me that there was an unexpected item in the bagging area. If I picked up the sour cream, it told me to put the item in the bagging area. By the time the girl finally got around to typing her key code in, I ended up having to leave without it because we got a call (thankfully it was just at the other end of the shopping center).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting an award tomorrow and have to be there at 7:15 tomorrow morning. But I work evenings...So basically they're honoring me by having me screw with my sleep schedule on short notice.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

I honestly hate the title of first world problems, although that is probably mostly directed when people say it to others about something the first person is concerned about.

I'm griping about CPR and why on earth the new video has so many transitions which adds on so much time from previous guidelines. I teach CPR and this month will be running close to 20 courses. I may lose my sh*t before the end of sessions. *sigh

• Options
    driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I was eating some kettle cooked chips a few days ago (my absolute favourite) and I chomped down on one of those fuckers while it was vertical! So now I have a huge sore in my mouth and I can't enjoy anything I eat or drink. 

I complained to my FI about not giving me his real opinions or being involved enough in the wedding planning because I was stressed out one day and now he's giving me his honest opinions on things like centrepieces, photographer, decor ideas... And I almost wish he wasn't because while they're similar to my ideas they're just not quite right! And I feel so lucky because he's trying to be involved and make it easier on me and I feel annoyed because he can't read my mind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I was out of tomato soup so instead of grilled cheese and soup for dinner I had goat cheese with crackers and red wine.

Oh wait, I'm completely okay with that decision.

Carry on.
    I would eat goat cheese on cardboard I think!

I have eaten goat cheese just by itself. Mmmmmm!
  • Options
    I hit a turkey flying across the road this weekend and did over $1,000 worth of damage to the car. 
    Holy cow! I hope you weren't hurt! 
    I am fine, just the car and the turkey were injured, but a cow would have hurt.
    I'm glad you're okay - sometimes those turkeys can get to be pretty large! And they look so awkward when they fly around.
  • Options
    I hit a turkey flying across the road this weekend and did over $1,000 worth of damage to the car. 
    I'm glad you're okay - sometimes those turkeys can get to be pretty large! And they look so awkward when they fly around.
    I didn't even realize turkeys could fly.  I figured they were too big.  I've only ever seen them walking.
  • Options
    I didn't even realize turkeys could fly.  I figured they were too big.  I've only ever seen them walking.
    _______STUCK IN A WEIRD BOX_____________

It's actually pretty hilarious to watch. There's a lot of flapping, and bouncing, and they just seem to hurl themselves from one place to another. When they land in trees it's more of a crash landing. They are extremely clumsy.
  • Options
    I ran to the grocery store down the street from work and picked up sour cream to make bacon dip for the shift and the stupid self check out kept telling me that there was an unexpected item in the bagging area. If I picked up the sour cream, it told me to put the item in the bagging area. By the time the girl finally got around to typing her key code in, I ended up having to leave without it because we got a call (thankfully it was just at the other end of the shopping center).

I don't even do those anymore.  I will stand in line for a real teller for 1 hour (sometimes, in Walmart it takes that long) before I have a machine making accusations that I'm stealing.

• Options
    @ShesSoCold I feel you.  I cried when my dog turned 10.  It was so irrational, but I did it anyway.  For his breed, the life expectancy is between 8 and 12, depending on who you ask, and he's been diagnosed with a breed-common degenerative heart disease, so the clock is ticking down for him.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

That's sad.  Last weekend I found this brewery that has AMAZING grilled cheese.  It has 4 kinds of cheese, basil, and bacon on texas toast, served with tomato soup. I had seen good reviews of it, so decided to try it and it was really good.
    that sounds awesome
  • Options
    Turkey season started here last week! I've seen so many lately.
    My little brother hit a turkey the day after he got his license...luckily it only scratched the hood.

• Options

I was out of tomato soup so instead of grilled cheese and soup for dinner I had goat cheese with crackers and red wine.

Oh wait, I'm completely okay with that decision.

Carry on.
    I would eat goat cheese on cardboard I think!

Do yourself a favor and go to Trader Joe's and pick up a jar of their pepper jelly. Goat cheese + pepper jelly + bread/crackers/cardboard/whatever = Best. Snack. Ever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I brought 1/2 of my personal deep dish pizza back to the office after lunch. After a 1.5 meeting I realized I was still hungry so I ate the rest and now I feel bloated. And I'm sad the pizza is gone and can't be enjoyed tomorrow.
  • Options

The playoffs start tonight and one of our players' wife is in labor.

You can see the baby tomorrow. Get to freaking work.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm going to the Trail Blazer's final game of the season tonight, and I am annoyed that I have to work tomorrow. I hate getting home after 10pm.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The playoffs start tonight and one of our players' wife is in labor.

You can see the baby tomorrow. Get to freaking work.

I saw that too and I swear we had another person who had a baby and still played that night!  I can't remember who.  Maybe he had already flown or something?  He left the next day to be with his newborn and then flew back for another game the following day.

• Options
    drglitter said:
    I'm away at a conference for the week and the wi-fi doesn't work on my ocean view balcony. 

That's actually a very LEGIT problem ;)

• Options
    This week is crazy busy at work due to a huge presentation I need to give at the start of next week, so obviously I chose the perfect time to give up diet coke and refined sugar. DC is my only source of caffine, I was drinking anywhere between 4 and 6 cans a day. It had to stop but it's a struggle to work these long hrs without it.

Oh yeah, and my Mum and Dad are coming for the weekend. I'm  50% excited to see them and 50% dreading the inevitable arguments that happen whenever we're in close proximity.

• Options

I don't even do those anymore.  I will stand in line for a real teller for 1 hour (sometimes, in Walmart it takes that long) before I have a machine making accusations that I'm stealing.
    I normally don't do self check out lanes either (yesterday reaffirmed why). My hope was to get back to the station without getting dispatched to a call. The lines were really long and I figured one item wasn't that big of a deal; I'd be in and out and back at the station without a missing a call. Never making that assumption again. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since FIL passed away unexpectedly in January, MIL has decided to move closer to town. So now DH and I are buying their house and land. We thought we'd have at least 6 months or more until she actually found a place and moved but she is wanting to move within 2 or 3 months. Which means that DH and I may not get to go to Boston this summer like we planned to a Red Sox game because we'll be moving plus doing repairs and renovations fairly early on.

• Options
    As it's nice weather out today, I decided to wear a cute sun dress that I have. I totally forgot that the skirt rides up quite a bit when I sit down, so now I'm going to be self-consciously adjusting myself all day. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards