Not Engaged Yet

Friday Eve Day!

WOO HOO! 

You. Guys. The dinner I made last night was freaking INCREDIBLE! I highly recommend it for all of my WW pals (only 3 points for the chicken part) and for anyone else that likes yummy food. It was also incredibly easy to make. Skinnytaste Skillet Chicken in Tomato-Chipotle Sauce with Avocado Crema and Skinnytaste Cilantro Lime Rice. Next time I want to serve it over cilantro lime cauliflower. 

So, I made dinner, ate dinner, H's friend came over for Survivor and then we watched playoff hockey which is the best hockey, IMO. I accidentally drank my whole bottle of wine and went to bed pretty late so I am Tired with a capital T today. 

Tonight is H's and my weekly sushi date which we missed last week and I've been dying for so I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to it. I'll probably read (I started my 14th book this morning!) with hockey in the background for the rest of the night after dinner.

Is it tomorrow at 5pm yet?

Re: Friday Eve Day!

• @southernpeach89 - Your haircut looks awesome so you should be happy with it! Whenever it decides to get warm here, I'm in dire need of a pedicure. There are definitely still remnants of dark polish on the tips of my big toes from the pedicure I got in Cape Town back at the end of August.

• @PamBeesly524 I would take that hosting gift any day lol! That sounds like fun! I want someone to make me dinner and bring me wine and cookies lol!
  • @PamBeesly524 Sounds like a great hosting gift to me! Have a good time tonight!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 That's so exciting you got a boy!!! I used to cheer on a coed team and boys are such a great asset!
  • @LizzyTish88 I'm reading Pretty Girls too! We need to start a book thread club or something.. So far it's really, really good but I'm reading it slowly because I'm only listening to it while I run. Kinda keeps the suspense going.

• @Swazzle that pasta sounds AMAZING.. I'm a huge huge pasta fan but since Christmas I've been trying to tone it down and not eat so much of it - I consider myself fairly healthy but my stomach has always been a problem area and I think it's my carb intake! I can't cut them out completely but I'm seeing how cutting back works - so far, meh.

@LizzyTish88 re: cauliflower rice Trader Joe's sells it too! In the frozen section. It's super convenient though I've only ever used it in soups.

• @swazzle I'm glad your dinner came out great!

@southernpeach89 You deserve to get out and treat yourself to a pedicure! I need a mani/pedi but I'm waiting until it's truly sandal weather here to save some money. 

@LizzyTish88 That's great that you have a boy on the team. When I did Pop Warner when I was younger we had a boy one year and he was amazing at the flips and stuff.

So I worked out when I got home last night and then broiled some steak tips. They were edible but I really want that grilled flavor :( Hopefully we will have a house soon so we can FINALLY grill again! Luckily H is not as picky as I am so I'm sure he'll eat the steak tips today and think they're fine. I had a shake instead, showered, looked at houses and went to bed. 

Yesterday was mine and H's 9 year dating anniversary. We don't usually do gifts and just go out to dinner and get cards. I definitely wasn't expecting a gift this year since our wedding anniversary is in June and that will be the more "important" one but I still got him a card. I love cards. He didn't get me a card and never even called or texted me yesterday although he did reply to a FB post I made. When he came to bed last night at like 3am I woke up to go the bathroom and he was trying to give me a kiss and I told him I was a little upset. He said he figured we'd go out to dinner on Friday since he's off. We were most likely going to do that anyways. I know this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things I'm just a little annoyed he couldn't find 5 mins to contact me. Just needed to vent!

• @cu97tiger - Hmmm, are you going back to the doctor any time soon?  Seems odd that the back is getting worse.  Also, the blessings in the backpack sounds like a really generous use of your free time and a very, very good cause. 
  • @minskat30 Sounds like Ani is doing great! I think it's good that you've given up the scale since your doc thinks you're fine and honestly you look amazing from the pics I've seen so I'm glad you're not letting numbers stress you out!

• @swazzle ooo Wegman's is so convenient I might have to try some already made as well. I'm so jealous of your sushi night, that will be my first thing I eat after giving birth!

@pambeesly524 Tonight sounds like so much fun, definitely a good hostess gift!   

@lavenderfields13 aaaw! Yea dinner is nice but it would have been nicer if he acknowledge it for 5 seconds during the day. I'm glad you told him because he will hopefully know for next time that would make you happy. And I agree, I just can't eat steak from a stove or oven, needs to have that grill-ness.

@lizzytish88 That'll be a great experience for you as a coach and the girls to have a boy teammate.

I am tired. Sleeping has become miserable. This is probably going to sound crazy and naïve- I expected "discomfort" but not actual pain with pregnancy. You know what I mean, like when you eat too much and you're bloated it's uncomfortable but not actually painful. I didn't expect that each time I roll over at night, it was going to feel like getting stabbed in the back & stomach. My doctor says it's normal, and it's not constant but I'm like WTF. Sorry that's my vent for today.

• @minskat30 Glad to hear that Ani isn't huge. I'm sorry that you didn't get a good picture. Sounds like she is getting ready though and will be here very soon!

@cu97tiger What a great organization to volunteer for! I just love that.
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle hmmm maybe if I half the amount of chipotle I can eat it. It sounded really good when you posted the recipe yesterday, but stupid spice intolerance.

@pambeesly524 that's an awesome host gift! I usually bring a bottle of wine or a dessert of some type if we're invited over for dinner.

@lizzytish88 That's so exciting you got a boy! From middle school through high school we had one guy on our team.  He preferred to be in the back because he didn't want to be the focal point.  But it was awesome having the extra strength for more advanced stunts. It also helped tiny me who refused to fly. 
  • @lavenderfields13 ugh, I'm sorry... We don't celebrate dating anniversaries anymore but we do acknowledge the day at some point just by mentioning, saying happy anniversary, etc.  

@minskat30 glad your doctor's appointment went well! sorry about the ultrasound though.

• @lavenderfields13 - Aww! Happy 9 year dating anniversary! H and I have that coming up in June! I would also be upset if H completely blew it off. I get that it's not a big deal but 9 years is a long time! 

@minskat30 - You and me both! Definitely wasn't the first time and definitely won't be the last! OMG Ani will be here before you know it! 

@cu97tiger - It really wasn't bad, I promise! What an amazing program! 

@jenna8984 - Ugh I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! 

• @minskat30 - I haven't been doing much to help my back (i.e. ibuprofen, ice, stretching) so I'm going to try that for a few days, first. I'm also thinking of going to see my chiropractor, since I haven't done that in a long time. I'm glad mini skat is healthy and that your body is doing the things it should to get ready :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Good morning. I am currently drinking a triple latte this morning so I'm starting to feel more awake by the minute! Last night H and I walked around our house to asses the damage from the hail. A few broken windows but nothing that can't be repaired. We were kind of amazed that the cheap little outdoor table we had gotten from HEB was still fully intact. We did some sweeping and clean-up outside then H got on the roof to check it out. I don't know much about roofs but it looks a little rough. No holes or leaks though. H patched a vent on the roof for now and we'll wait for the professionals to do the rest. After that, we ordered Chinese food and went to bed. Since H is still without a car, he is using mine. So I'm praying today he'll get off work early and be able to come pick me up on time. Otherwise it looks like I may be stuck at work for an extra hour. :persevere: 

A few fun pics for you ---

@swazzle - Looks like I'll be adding that dinner to my list of recipes to try. Did it make a good amount of leftovers? I'm kind of bummed bc there was a basketball game last night that ran late so the network pushed Survivor back. So H and I won't get to see it until tonight. Boo.
    @southernpeach89 - I need to get my nails/toes done too. This weekend sounds good. I'm ready to wear my peep toe shoes again!
    @PamBeesly524 - I would love you if you brought me that gift!!
    @LizzyTish88 - That's gotta be helpful to have a boy around when doing lifts and stuff right?
    @lavenderfields13 - Do you think he just forgot? TBH I have no idea what day H and I "officially" started dating.
    @minskat30 - Glad you had a good check up!
    @cu97tiger - What a nice thing to be a part of!
    @jenna8984 - I'm sorry. Do you have a good pregnancy pillow to cuddle with?

• @speakeasy14 - Continued T&P for your sister! Losing a pet is so hard and combined with other stresses is even worse.

• @speakeasy14  more T&P for your sister!! Very unfortunate about her pet, with other issues in her life I'm sure it's not easy :(

@beachyone15 oh my gosh! That's some huge holes! Not entirely sure what I'd expected, but wow! Glad you're okay though
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 Continued t&p to your sister! I'm so sorry about the loss of a beloved pet. :( That's never easy even in the best of times.

@beachyone15 OMG! That all looks so scary! I'm so glad neither of you were injured and that the damage wasn't worse! Hopefully the insurance adjuster comes up with a good amount to cover all the fixes.

• @jenna8984 I'm sorry you're feeling uncomfortable. I feel like I'm learning some things from all you pregnant ladies/moms about things to expect!

@speakeasy14 Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's kitty and whatever else she's going through :( I hope you can cheer her up somehow. Good luck with dinner with the parents!

@beachyone15 Ugh that damage really sucks!
    We became "official" on Friday the 13 so it's hard to forget and we always say "happy 13th" to each other every month because we're weird like that. I left a card out for him the night before so he definitely didn't forget the day. The more I think about it the sillier I feel. I was just feeling a little emotional yesterday. As long as he doesn't forget our wedding anniversary we're good lol. Which is also on the 13th of June. 

• @beachyone15 I'm so glad nothing hit you guys and its just a few windows!

@misskittydanger yay for refunds! 

@labro ugh that sucks but at least it isn't 100% needed right this second.  And yes, omg when we removed the old toilets, it was the worst smell ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards