Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday

Holler for Hump Day! 

Captain America: Civil War was soooooooooooooooooo good last night! Highly recommend!

Right now I'm eating bacon and scrambled eggs and coffee and that all makes me very happy :smile: 

I have an eyebrow appointment tonight then H and I are going to make dinner on the grill and we have company coming over for Survivor and drinks like usual. 

Half way to Friday!

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm glad you liked the movie! I really want to go see it again. I love the back and forth banter with Falcon and Winter Solider. It's like Cap's old BF picking fights with his new one and it made me giggle.

Last night I went to Comcast and found out what our new bill is going to be. We upgraded service and the bill dropped about $30 a month so yay for that! Then I did laundry and waited for BF to get home.

In a town a few over from ours, there was a big incident last night. A guy crashed his car, broke into a house and stabbed two people, stole their car and proceeded to go to the mall where he crashed their car, assaulted people in a store then stabbed more in a restaurant. I was seeing pictures and I saw one that had first responders in it, and it looked just like my cousin who is a first responder. 

I texted my cousin to make sure he was okay. Usually when stuff goes down, he will shoot back a "ok" or "yes" then get back to me later but last night he didn't. I was getting really nervous and BF was trying to get me to relax. He was saying that if anyone injured was a FR then they would say that, even if they didn't say the name. Turns out, it's not the county that my cousin works for and he was sleeping. So I was relieved of that, but still sending thoughts and prayers to those who were involved. The suspect was killed by an off duty cop (from the county my cousin works for which is why I saw the name), two victims have died, and others are in critical condition. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88 Omg that's terrifying! I hate when those things happen in general but when it's nearby it's even more scary. Glad to hear your cousin is ok.

@jenna8984 Enjoy your birthing class!! 
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88  glad it wasn't where he is! I can't imagine the fear you had

@jenna8984 whoo 12 weeks left!! good luck on the class

@southernpeach89 poor Callie :(

Not much last night. I made lasagna and we spent a good portion of the night on the balcony because it was nice out.

Tonight we're going to Matt's parent's place because the cat is being put down. Urg ... as much as I want to be there for the family, I really wish we didn't have to go. Whatever. I told Matt we're not staying late, I have stuff to do like laundry.

Tomorrow is our bank appt to see options on house.

This morning I caved and got breakfast. There's new strawberry shortcake donuts and omg so good! Definitely different than normal donuts because this is more of a sandwich style so whipped cream starts to push out quick but still amazing.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @LizzyTish88 - So glad it wasn't your cousin! How scary. 

@jenna8984 - I pre-made these so I undercoooked them a bit since I'd be reheating them. Good luck at the birthing class tonight! 

@southernpeach89 - Awww poor Callie! 

@speakeasy14 - YUM! I get a salad by work sometimes that's kale with shrimp and a peanut dressing and it's SOOOO good! 

• Options
    @lizzytish88 ugh one reason I'm glad to not live in that area anymore.  I'm glad your cousin ended up not being there at all, but I would have been just as nervous.
    @jenna8984 Enjoy your class and meeting your friend in real life!
    @southernpeach89 poor Callie, sounds like she needs some frozen snacks to make her feel better!
    @misskittydanger that donut sounds amazing!
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    *snip*

Tonight we're going to Matt's parent's place because the cat is being put down. Urg ... as much as I want to be there for the family, I really wish we didn't have to go. Whatever. I told Matt we're not staying late, I have stuff to do like laundry.

*snip*
    This is incredibly insensitive. Have you ever had a pet die? It is fucking devastating. If my H prioritized doing laundry over the loss of a pet, we'd have issues. 
    I have. I know it is insensitive, which it was not intended to come across that way when re-reading it.
    I'm not familiar with the pet, nor does the pet actually like Matt. He didn't go to his dad's place when his childhood dog passed away, so honestly I don't understand why he wants to jump and go.
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    *snip*

*snip*
    This is incredibly insensitive. Have you ever had a pet die? It is fucking devastating. If my H prioritized doing laundry over the loss of a pet, we'd have issues. 
    I was just going to say the same thing but thankfully @Swazzle said it more eloquently than I could. This is so insensitive. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    *snip*

*snip*
    I was just going to say the same thing but thankfully @Swazzle said it more eloquently than I could. This is so insensitive. 
    I just commented on it above.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Yes, she loves frozen fruit or just cold fruit in general! We gave her some cantaloupe and Honeydew last weekend and she LOVED it. 
  • Options
    @jenna8984 I hope you learn a lot at the birthing class! Only 12 weeks left? NEY babies are coming!!

@southernpeach89 Poor Callie with her teeth. So true that it will be over soon! Can't believe how quickly she is growing!

@speakeasy14 I wish I was in bed that early! We both said we were going to go to sleep earlier, but then we got wrapped up in GoT and stayed up till 10ish.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    For those who saw my post, I'll admit that was worse than I originally thought and by all means I apologize. I'm not going to DD it, because there's no point but I do admit that the wording is awful.

Sorry :(
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian ugh that really sucks.  Is there a tutoring service or something you could do May through June to supplement your missing income?
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian oh sweet, I'm glad the pain management works for your mom! Damn, go you on being super productive this morning! Sucks about the non-pay weeks. I was freaking out when I thought my leave wouldn't be paid but turns out that it is! So H is taking 3 weeks unpaid and we'll only have that small hit.

@misskittydanger mmmmmm strawberry shortcake

@southernpeach89 that stinks there's nothing really you can do to make her feel better, at lest she loves the frozen fruits. Do you use those little mesh bag things? Those look pretty neat.

@speakeasy14 I love shrimp pasta with olive oil and garlic.

• Options
    @jenna8984 LOL so I tried those but they are kind of too big for her little mouth which I find hilarious. I put ice in them and she likes to suck on that through the mesh but the fruit I have to cut into smaller pieces and just let her do with it as she pleases. The mesh things are ok and work for some people but I think they are the best with ice.

• Options
    @swazzle I want your breakfast
    @lizzytish88 That's so scary! I'm glad your cousin was home.

I was off yesterday because it was election day. I woke up, researched candidates over coffee, and walked to my poling place to vote. I spent the afternoon doing yard work and laundry. My neighbor mowed my front and side yard, which they have been doing regularly, then BF came over to mow the other side with my old school reel mower and my neighbors let him borrow their mower for that. They are so awesome, I really want to do something for them but I still don't know them well enough. I just keep saying thanks and they say it's no problem. I'll have to have them over for a cookout once I get my backyard and patio all put together. 

After that BF and I went downtown for an early dinner. We were able to snag the last of the outdoor tables at the place we wanted to eat. Then we got ice cream and walked down to the riverfront, found a nice spot to sit, and not even 5 minutes later these kids (well, kids to us, they were probably late teens/early 20s) walked by and asked if we minded if they smoked weed. I was like "whatever dude, I won't call the cops on you." It was kind of awkward.  

My evening was spent finishing laundry and writing, and then I checked election results and I just want to vomit. My state keeps voting against it's own best interests and keeps voting for candidates that are powered by MILLIONS of outside dollars. What's more frustrating is that Bernie won the demicratic race, but the slimeballs for local elections won over the more progressive candidates, which just shows the people who voted for Bernie either didn't vote for the local elections or did exactly 0 research. Oh and Trump won by a landslide, which didn't surprise me at all. I can guarantee my state will vote Trump in the fall too. Can I move to another country please?

• Options
    @minskat30 Oh no I hope everything is ok with your leg and the blood clot gets resolved.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian That stinks about the weeks without pay. Adulting blows!

@minskat30 What a fun day for you, haha! Good luck!

• Options
    @minskat30 I hope it's not a clot! I will be thinking of you today.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenna8984 I did chicken stock, white wine, garlic, sauteed the kale then added shrimp. It was so freaking good. 
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - GREAT results!  I've got everything crossed.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Oh no I hope everything is ok with your leg and the blood clot gets resolved.
    Sorry, my post wasn't clear.  Not sure if it is a clot or just disproportionate pregnancy swelling.  The left is painful by the afternoon and way more swollen than the right so doctor is just taking extra care that it isn't a clot...especially since its been accompanied by headaches and neckpains that come on suddenly around the same time.  I'm sure my diagnosis will be "third trimester pregnancy symptoms" at the end of the day though - lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards