DIY Wedding Forum

DIY Candle Decorating Wreath

Hi, This is me new creation after my DIY flower backdrop and table runner, pls kindly give me a like if you like it because I want to know my creation helpful or not, thanks in advance
When we visit pinterest for inspiration of decorating our event or wedding reception, we will attracted by the candle decorationg centerpieces as below
In order to find a way to help people to make these kind of decoration wreath in very simple way, I search all around and finally I get the idea , now pls find the tutorial below

Here post the video of the tutorial on Youtube also
Get this plastics stand , I don't know what it is , pls kindly don't sent me message about the name, I don't know most of the name of the material I got
Cut the top layer
Then we will get two parts
Put the flowers on the spikes to make the wreath

Put on the Candle , Pls ignore the color, the factory lauched a clearance sale for green candles , 3 of them , less than $2 , you can use the ivory candle or others which much more match
Try other candle holder, I got these from factory, very cheap but useful
Don't forget we have an other small part , we will use to decorate the stick candle

Re: DIY Candle Decorating Wreath

• Looks like an interesting DIY. Just make sure your venue is okay with open flames. I know that mine would only allow lights that they provide.
  • ernursej said:
    Looks like an interesting DIY. Just make sure your venue is okay with open flames. I know that mine would only allow lights that they provide.
    Yes , for safty we can use LED candle instead . I am thinking if I can get some idea of using the LED lights
  • Is this for a blog?  Because you are asking for likes, which is very blog/vendorish like.  The final result is also very different from the original photos, and I wouldn't want to use them, especially after that much work.  There definitely needs to be better quality materials used.  At a certain point, you just can't escape the fact that it's easier and better to use real flowers.  

• LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    levioosa said:
    Is this for a blog?  Because you are asking for likes, which is very blog/vendorish like.  The final result is also very different from the original photos, and I wouldn't want to use them, especially after that much work.  There definitely needs to be better quality materials used.  At a certain point, you just can't escape the fact that it's easier and better to use real flowers.  
    I agree, there is an uncanny valley with fake flowers, and you need to either go obviously fake (paper, tissue, etc) or real. This looks like an obviously faux version of a real luxury flower arragement. Just because you seem to be a blogger in search of feedback rather than a bride, I would say you need to go away from the obviously  polystyrene flowers and come up with creative solutions with non-real flowers instead of polyester versions of expensive bouquets. Because honestly for the budget you're spending on ploy ester flowers, you you buy so many classier candle or simple bud real flower centrepieces. The reasons those flower walls and runners work is because they are obviously real and impactful flowers. 

I think you are really overcomplicating simple yet elegant wedding ware. Simple paper flowers or candles will always look nicer than polyester flowers. It is similar when you buy a handbag: a nice leather non-designer bag will always look better that an obviously faux Louis Vuitton rip off for the same price.

• I'd put some greens in. It brings floral looks together.
    I agree, a little bit of pale greenery would look very nice.
  • levioosa said:
    Is this for a blog?  Because you are asking for likes, which is very blog/vendorish like.  The final result is also very different from the original photos, and I wouldn't want to use them, especially after that much work.  There definitely needs to be better quality materials used.  At a certain point, you just can't escape the fact that it's easier and better to use real flowers.  
    Um, sorry , I don't know the word " like " is inappropriate, I am not much good at Engligh , I just hope people to tell me that you like my creation or not. And obviously you don't , a little sad but still thanks for your comment , I had thought it would be much easier to use real flowers and that is why I made it

the first two photos I posted just want to tell you how's my idea came, I got the idea from pinterest as I said, I didn't try to make the same one , I cann't , I just share my idea with people who like to make wreath

BTW , I have a blog, I post this idea on by blog and facebook . pls kindly tell me if it is not allow to post the same idea there . I won't wirte here anymore if it's not allow , a little sad

• levioosa said:
    I agree, there is an uncanny valley with fake flowers, and you need to either go obviously fake (paper, tissue, etc) or real. This looks like an obviously faux version of a real luxury flower arragement. Just because you seem to be a blogger in search of feedback rather than a bride, I would say you need to go away from the obviously  polystyrene flowers and come up with creative solutions with non-real flowers instead of polyester versions of expensive bouquets. Because honestly for the budget you're spending on ploy ester flowers, you you buy so many classier candle or simple bud real flower centrepieces. The reasons those flower walls and runners work is because they are obviously real and impactful flowers. 

I think you are really overcomplicating simple yet elegant wedding ware. Simple paper flowers or candles will always look nicer than polyester flowers. It is similar when you buy a handbag: a nice leather non-designer bag will always look better that an obviously faux Louis Vuitton rip off for the same price.

I really love your comment , its really hit the point , I should read it again and again. Thanks so much

I am not a bloger , pls don't said that . I am learning decoration and want to know if any possible to engage in some decoration job , I do searching feedback and comment . your comment is what I want
    I will try to add some leaves , how about some pearls also ?
    I agree, a little bit of pale greenery would look very nice.

I will try it , thanks for your idea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards