Not Engaged Yet

Ugh.. Monday

Good morning fellow NEY-ers. Getting out of bed and getting to work this morning was so tough because BF and Tessie are home snuggling on the couch and I have to work :(

Friday night we went to our neighbors so Tess could have a playdate with their two boxers. After that we went home, dropped off Tess, and got ready. We went out with our neighbors and other friends to the waterfront. It was a fun night.

Saturday we met up with our neighbors again and another couple and we went to the zoo! It was so much fun! It was kind of crowded because it was a free day for RI residents, but it didn't really hinder us at all. They had an area where you can go in and feed/pet/brush goats and I think that was our favorite. After that we stopped at BBW for lunch and then continued to go home and chill out for the night.

Yesterday we did a ton of stuff around the house. We cleaned and ran errands, and we started on our gallery wall finally! We only got two rows down, but I am loving it already. BF said he might work on it today so I guess I'll find out when I get home. 

This week is weird for me, I have Wednesday off to spend with BF and Friday I have a seminar out of office, so I will only be here three days and I can't wait! I want this week to fly because next week is my birthday!
friends tv show funy

Re: Ugh.. Monday

• @LizzyTish88 Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm jealous that you got to pet the goats.

My weekend went by super fast. Friday H and I were exhausted so we hung out and watched corny movies and ate dinner and popcorn. Saturday I tried to run 7 miles but only made it 4 - it was ridiculously humid and I think my legs were exhausted. That afternoon I went to my cousin's for our girls night -we had a ton of good food and fun. Her new puppy is adorable! I'll try to post a pic or two later but I didn't get many - he rarely stopped moving. Yesterday I did absolutely nothing.. It poured rain most of the day so that wasn't very motivating.

Hoping today goes by fast but we'll see. I'm going out to lunch with my team so at least I'll get to go outside for a bit. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • @beachyone15 Glad the movie was good! I agree about sequels usually.

@Swazzle I don't know how you're even functioning. How was Queen Bey? She was in MA on Friday and I know so many people that went.

• @PamBeesly524 Sounds like a good weekend! 

@beachyone15 Sounds like a fun party! I hope to be crafty too so I hear that!

@swazzle But was it worth it? I have a feeling I know this answer..
    friends tv show funy
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    @LizzyTish88 @PamBeesly524- She's an incredible performer! I just wish it hadn't been on a Sunday. Or I could have come into work late today :cry: 

• @swazzle - I know your pain. H and I went to a Third Eye Blind concert not too long ago that was on a weeknight. It was all standing only too (on concrete). The next morning we were like....BUT WHY?!!!!! Plus we were in pain. Never again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    @cu97tiger ETF per tiger's request. That dress is FANTASTIC and you look so beautiful! That's so cool that you got to be together with all of your friends.
  • @cu97tiger I love that dress!! It's such a great fit and pretty color!
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @Swazzle Ugh I don't know how you're going to make it through today but I am so glad you got to the concert anyway!!

@PamBeesly524 Sometimes you gotta listen to your body even though it sucks that you didn't make your planned run for the day.

My office building's A/C is down this morning so I'm WFH for a little while while they get it fixed. I tried to go in this morning even knowing it was down because I figured the building would be semi cool...NOPE it was like 80 in there so I'm enjoying the A/C at home for the time being and then I will try again later once their system is back up and running.

This weekend was pretty blah. The weather sucked so we didn't get any chores done outside the house and our yard is starting to look like a jungle. We went grocery shopping yesterday and then H and I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking up chicken and veggies for lunches this week. I ended up having to buy a new bra yesterday too which is always traumatizing. I hate hate hate bra shopping...all it does is remind me that gravity is working more and more on my boobs and I can't wear any of the fun bras ever.

• @GoldenPenguin I will AW it when it's done. Should be before the end of the week hopefully. Your backyard sounds awesome! That is one of our projects that we are hoping to do before July 4th. BF might even start on it this weekend!
    friends tv show funy
  • @GoldenPenguin Wahhh you'll be in Boston but I'm going to SC on Thursday! Wave to my apartment, at least :)

Oh! I also finished Me Before You this weekend. It was good. Did you guys know there is a sequel? I'm thinking of downloading it after the book I just started.

• @GoldenPenguin Wahhh you'll be in Boston but I'm going to SC on Thursday! Wave to my apartment, at least :)

Oh! I also finished Me Before You this weekend. It was good. Did you guys know there is a sequel? I'm thinking of downloading it after the book I just started.

GAH! SO close!! I'm out there semi-regularly, so one of these times we'll get together :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• Morning ladies!!

@LizzyTish88  I hate going to work when no one else is!

@PamBeesly524 Humidity and running are bad combo, kudos to doing 4!

@cu97tiger lover that blue on you!!

@GoldenPenguin  That tiki torch sounds neat! I may need to take a look for one since you're saying it works :)

@swazzle i'm tired too :( i vote mid-day naps!

So Friday both Matt and I took off so we could get an early start on our 6hr drive. Wasn't bad, we ended up stopping twice on way there.
    We went because Matt's childhood friend's oldest daughter was turning 4, and we couldn't go for her younger back in March. Plus we try to see each other at least once a year {she has family still here}

I basically had an attachment all weekend ;) It was great. We played barbies, and coloured {toy} cupcakes. The youngest had an all-mighty melt down Saturday night, but she's getting the 2yr old molars plus being outside all day. She was exhausted. Then the older one started fighting about everything.
    Early night for both kids lol

Sunday we drove home and I was so exhausted! Not sure if everyone else has this issue, but at someone else's place I don't sleep well. I'll sleep but never falling deep enough to feel rested. By the time we got home, I was completely done.

This week is basically cleaning and packing. We got more tape and bubble wrap, so time to do the fragile things!!
  • There is apparently a terror threat against upscale shopping centres in Johannesburg and Cape Town from Isis. My boyfriend lives right near the v&a in Cape Town which is the upscale shopping centre. I hope nothing happens and it doesn't pan out. May be irrational to worry but I am! 
  • @DreamReve1  not irrational. Hopefully everything is okay! Keep us posted.
  • @DreamReve1 - That's really scary! FX nothing happens and your BF is safe! 

• @DreamReve1 I would be nervous too! Thoughts to you and your BF.
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @DreamReve1 That's so scary! I hope nothing pans out/they are able to locate the threat and neutralize it.

• @DreamReve1 - T&P are with you and your BF.

• Thank you everyone. I appreciate it. They said during Ramadan which is a whole month so I will probably be worried all month. I really hope nothing happens. 1) that place is too beautiful to damage and 2) no other lives need to be taken from senselessness.
  • @eilis1228 & @KeptInStitches - Yea, I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it, ha. It's definitely powerful, and I think everyone should watch it, but it definitely wasn't "enjoyable." Eye-opening, for sure. 

@DreamReve1 - I really hope nothing happens, that's terrifying. I really hate the world these days :( 

*******************************************************************************************

• @wink0erin That conference sounds like it will be a blast! Have fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • @wink0erin that conference sounds so fun! you'll have to AW pics at the photobooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards