Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

You guys are slacking. Where is everyone?

I had to take Wolverine for school placement testing. We're seeing if she can skip into 1st grade. Her early November birthday disqualified her from doing public kinder last year, so she was in a private program through her daycare. Given the teacher fuckery at her school, we're not sure if she learned enough to be on track for finishing public kinder. They looked to have 100 or so kids trying to test into 1st, and they have to get 80% or better on each segment of the test to move forward.
I'm hanging out in a Panera that's a few minutes from the school rather than driving the extra 4-5 miles home and back again to get her. (If she doesn't get 80% on the first test, they won't let her take the 2nd, so I have no clue when she'll be done.)

I'm usually judgy about people spending hours at Panera with their laptops, but in this case, it was warranted, it's not busy, and I bought breakfast. 

Also, DK got an offer from the company he's been talking to and sent them a counter this morning. Hoping they will accept the counter, or come back at least at the mid-range between the numbers. 

Re: Tuesday

• Options

Since DH was off yesterday we decided to take the kids to the county park. There is a pioneer village the kids absolutely love and then there are playgrounds all around the park.  I think we drove to and played at every playground.

Today I'm catching up on work.

• Options
    Fingers crossed on the job!

Today is FI's last day of school for the year!  We're going to the Toledo MudHens game to celebrate per tradition. I'm bittersweet about his trip to China only because I'm a big fat baby but he's all mine for the next 16 days!!

• Options

Today is FI's last day of school for the year!  We're going to the Toledo MudHens game to celebrate per tradition. I'm bittersweet about his trip to China only because I'm a big fat baby but he's all mine for the next 16 days!!

You're in my neighborhood! 

I love the mudhens stadium, it's like the nicest minor league park I've ever been in. And they have Yuengling Light on draft for the same price as other light beers. And really good food options. 
  • Options
    Staying at home today as painter finishes kitchen and other rooms. I'm trying to finish one of my book club books for this month. Obviously, I'm distracted! 
  • Options
    @*Barbie*, we're going to have to do the same thing with DS (early October) in a few years.  Good luck!

So after running my mouth on that DH vent thread yesterday, a) my whole "if you like these flights, we should book with miles before someone else gets those spots" totally worked, and b) 15 minutes after I booked, I thought "Oh!  I guess my mom will be flying there and back, too.  Maybe I should have asked if she wanted to fly with us."  I sent her our flight info but I feel sort of badly about it.  I'm just in the habit of booking the four of us.

Anyhoo, thanks to my miles stash, the four of us are flying round trip, nonstop for a grand total of $306.  :)  DH had a mental figure of $2000, so he's very happy.

Wooz had a great first day of summer camp.  This week is outdoor adventure camp, which is right up her alley.  Ribbons from the first two meets finally arrived, and she was so proud of herself.  Tomorrow DH and I have to tag team, because Wooz has swim pics at 7:15 and DS has a parent-teacher conference at 7:30.  It already feels like one of those weeks.

• Options
    Tueaday aka Monday 2.0

My monday to rule all mondays continued yesterday. First the AC went out in my car. Then I almost fell off my horse and hurt my thumb in the process. I am being a big baby about it.

I couldn't fall asleep last night so around 11:30 I took a melatonin and a valarian root. Normally I take 2 V roots but I didn't want to be groggy in the morning seeing how it was so late when I took it. Well, I woke up at 3 and have been up ever since. I have a feeling this whole week is going to be like this. 
  • Options

I love the mudhens stadium, it's like the nicest minor league park I've ever been in. And they have Yuengling Light on draft for the same price as other light beers. And really good food options. 
    Yup!  I told you Toledo was really just an extension of Detroit;). 

We're going to Tony Packos before too. Have you been there yet?  FI is Hungarian so that is his families joint!  We're even serving mini versions of their coneys for our late night snack. 
  • Options

Yup!  I told you Toledo was really just an extension of Detroit;). 

We're going to Tony Packos before too. Have you been there yet?  FI is Hungarian so that is his families joint!  We're even serving mini versions of their coneys for our late night snack. 
    No! I haven't been there yet, but maybe this weekend.i need more Toledo recommendations. 

We even get Michigan radio on NPR instead of Ohio. 
  • Options
    Today is the day of, "you just sat down to do [insert time critical task]? Great! Let's do [insert task that can only be described as a major waste of everyone's time]."  Couple that with Dragon Lady PMS, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Incidentally, I found out that my old pharmacy fucked up my BCP prescription OVER A YEAR AGO and I didn't know because I never saw the script, it was one of the ones that is just electronically submitted to the pharmacy. So FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR I've been taking the wrong hormones. AWESOME. My new pharmacy didn't know because the old pharmacy just transferred the wrong script that they'd been filling. They only caught it when I called my doctor for a refill and THEY DID THEIR JOBS AND FILLED THE CORRECT SCRIPT. The woman I spoke with thanked me for being so "understanding" about it (I'm not. At all.), and my response was, "At least I didn't get pregnant." I mean, I know it wasn't HER fault, she actually caught it, but someone still fucked up and I'm still Dragon Lady today.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

My monday to rule all mondays continued yesterday. First the AC went out in my car. Then I almost fell off my horse and hurt my thumb in the process. I am being a big baby about it.

Ouch!  I hope your thumb feels better soon!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Woke up at 5:30 to "I snuggle you mommy."  3 year olds are not cute at 5:30.  Especially not when they are also kicking you're bladder and opening your eyes to stare at them.

Worked out, did work, got ready for the day, off to swim lessons, home to change, off to the far Lowe's to get the patio stuff, then to the stadium to get fitted for a uniform (fittings were actually yesterday so we get to go back next week), lunch, then Costco.  I just got to drag the Costco stuff down the road because our cul-de-sac is a cluster.  More work then a block party tonight. 
  • Options
    Well, unfortunately DK had to decline - right now they're not willing to offer him something within his "acceptable" range, so he told the HR guy to keep in touch with him if there are future opportunities or they are able to re-size the job to get it more in line with what he's asking. They're not really giving him any incentive to leave his current job at this point. (i.e. even with the higher base salary, he'd be taking too big of a hit on bonus and benefits to make it worthwhile.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards