Registry and Gift Forum

Charity Registry

Re: Charity Registry

• edited August 2016
    How did she manage to delete all of her responses?

ETA - never mind. She's been banned. 
  • How did she manage to delete all of her responses?

ETA - never mind. She's been banned. 
    My guess is that your hunch about her/him being an employee of the company that was being promoted was correct.
  • LOL @ her suggesting donating to a charity in the grocery store is the same as this. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I didn't ask for anyone's advice whether or not to do it. I asked for advice from brides that had as in how to word it or tell people.
  • edited August 2016
    **Removed for TOS violation** I am asking brides that have donated to charities and if they recommend  sites or things like that. I never once said "hey ladies that have been married for 6 years yet still troll knot forums because ether have nothing else to do; tell me all your bitch complaints about someone trying to give back to the community."
  • edited August 2016
    Thank you StPaul
  • edited August 2016
    **Removed for TOS violation** I am asking brides that have donated to charities and if they recommend  sites or things like that. I never once said "hey ladies that have been married for 6 years yet still troll knot forums because ether have nothing else to do; tell me all your bitch complaints about someone trying to give back to the community."
    What, you don't feel bad for our husbands too? Damn. So close to a bingo. 
  • I didn't ask for anyone's advice whether or not to do it. I asked for advice from brides that had as in how to word it or tell people.
    Then why waste our time and yours?
  • edited August 2016

**Removed for TOS violation** I am asking brides that have donated to charities and if they recommend  sites or things like that. I never once said "hey ladies that have been married for 6 years yet still troll knot forums because ether have nothing else to do; tell me all your bitch complaints about someone trying to give back to the community."
    Personally, I'm *grateful* for the long-timers. If I'm clueless about something wedding-related (and I came here clueless about a lot of things), I want to hear from women who've been married and/or been involved in a number of weddings. I'm 2 1/2 months out and still figuring out a lot of things; I need people to talk me down!

Besides, we talk about things besides weddings. If you would actually listen instead of shooting your mouth off, you'd know that.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    I'm for gifting the bride and groom a big metal chicken for the front yard - monogrammed, of course.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm actually a board member of a small, local charity organization. Now what?
  • I'm actually a board member of a small, local charity organization. Now what?
    Set up your registry so guests can donate directly to that charity.  Duh.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Why didn't I think of that???
  • AddieCake said:
    Whether or not you asked for opinions on it or not is irrelevant. You've posted on a public forum, and people are free to comment on any aspect of what you say in any way that they like.

If you were going to rob a bank and asked for advice on the best getaway car, people would tell you it's a bad idea and why. They wouldn't likely give you the advice you want.

We are not nasty, miserable women with nothing to do. We are women who want to help other couples through the wedding process, and that includes helping them not make faux pas that may cause their friends and family to be put off or offended. 

Not getting what you want here and then name calling doesn't make US nasty. It makes YOU immature.

And it disgusts me that you presume to tell someone they "need a slap in the mouth." Now THAT'S nasty. 
    She did ask for opinions, though! She asked for pros and cons. She's just pissed that she wasn't told (except by one banned member with an ulterior motive) that it's a "totes awesome idea and to def go for it!"
  • AddieCake said:
    Whether or not you asked for opinions on it or not is irrelevant. You've posted on a public forum, and people are free to comment on any aspect of what you say in any way that they like.

If you were going to rob a bank and asked for advice on the best getaway car, people would tell you it's a bad idea and why. They wouldn't likely give you the advice you want.

We are not nasty, miserable women with nothing to do. We are women who want to help other couples through the wedding process, and that includes helping them not make faux pas that may cause their friends and family to be put off or offended. 

Not getting what you want here and then name calling doesn't make US nasty. It makes YOU immature.

And it disgusts me that you presume to tell someone they "need a slap in the mouth." Now THAT'S nasty. 
    She did ask for opinions, though! She asked for pros and cons. She's just pissed that she wasn't told (except by one banned member with an ulterior motive) that it's a "totes awesome idea and to def go for it!"
    Ahh, that's right! I got distracted by the banned one coming in with her laughable nonsense and forgot the details of the OP! 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ok, so here's my question....say you give the couple $100 in a card that says "good luck on setting up your new house!" And then later find out they donated that money to a charity you don't approve of. 

Is this worse because at least if they told people ahead of time, you could just choose to not give them anything if it were to go to a charity you don't like. 

Or fine because you gave the money and they can do whatever they want with it, despite your suggested note in the card. 

Are you allowed to be unimpressed? 

(Edit, I often see a note in cards with money similar to the above that give some sort of hint of what the giver would prefer you spend the money on). 
  • Yes, once you give someone something as a gift, it's no longer your business what they do with it. 
  • edited August 2016
    I missed that! What a horrid thing to say!

OP, clearly you don't think much of human beings. 
  • And it disgusts me that you presume to tell someone they "need a slap in the mouth." Now THAT'S nasty. 
    I missed that! What a horrid thing to say!

OP, clearly you don't think much of human beings. 

Stuck in super weird box

Or people who actually ARE charitable, but don't necessarily like to boast it. Really, who's the charitable one here?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards