Wedding Woes
Options

Random question. Because I'm bored.

2»

Re: Random question. Because I'm bored.

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @Heffalump, Elf has a version of this one that reviews as well as Smashbox and (of course) is significantly cheaper (going down to one income but a real damper in my Sephora trips, as you can tell).  I haven't personally used it, but makeup reviewers seem very happy with it.
    I tried the ELF version and it doesn't work at all for me, sadly. The Smashbox version works, but not as well as I'd like it to for the price. I'm desperate for a good primer that will help keep my oily face in check.
    Another oily skin here.  The Smashbox photo finish primer works for me, really well.  The ELF version I posted in my previous post works okay...it's not perfect, but it gets me through either the work day or an evening.  If I'm having a long day, I'll usually come home after work and redo my face to get the oil under control again with the ELF.  The Smashbox works all day.  Also, that one usually shows up around Christmas in the 3 oz bottle for the 1.5 oz bottle price and will last me danged close to one year.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'll look into those.  I do have a primer, actually, but i can't remember when I bought it.  I was 'talked into' buying it at an outlet store with high end make up, and I haven't been to one in the last 2 years sooooo.....probably older than that?

• Options
    I second NYX. They have really good eyeshadows. Ulta's brand is also a good option.

• Options
    Super late!

@*Barbie* @kimmiinthemitten
    http://www.dupethat.com/unicorn-blood-dupes/

There's a bunch of options. I believe "BH Cosmetics" might be the best one for colour/price
  • Options
    Urban Decay Perversion mascara and 24/7 Glide-On Eye pencil in Perversion are the absolute best!!! The pencil is the blackest black and doesn't smear! It's so long lasting without being chalky. It also comes in 35 other colors. The mascara lifts and separates without being goopy! 

I also love their Vice Lipstick and the 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil. I have them both in Anarchy. Also the 24/7 Concealer Pencil. I apparently have lady wood for Urban Decay!

Last night I tried the Detoxifying Mask and Time Correcting Night Cream from Younique's new Royalty line. Today my skin is much more even than normal and really soft. If each item wasn't $49, I'd buy them. 

I keep a bottle of Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peel in my shower. It's $60, but you use so little of it and it really makes my skin feel nice. I use it on my face, neck, decolletage, and backs of my hands.

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat Love UD! You'd like the NARS lip products also and check Sephora brand for liner {I find very similar to UD!}
    I have the detox mask also. I'm kind of obsessing lmao Friend of mine sells Younique so I was able to get a deal. {she told me when to order lol}
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger my friend also sells Posh and they have a detox mask, too, but when I tried it my face felt like it was melting off! I liked the Younique much better. I used to have a birchbox and Ipsy subscription so I have SO MUCH STUFF. My friend went through and organized it all a couple weeks ago and made me realize for someone who only wears eyeliner on most days, I have way too much makeup.
  • Options
    fyi, i picked up the nyx dream catcher pallet in Golden Horizon.  I'm going next week with a girlfriend of mine to check out foundations (Missha is awesome for every day cover up, but I feel like i want something special with  abit more coverage for the day) at the outlet make-up store.

• Options
    Anything Burts Bees and my Serious Serum.

• Options
    Nyx blotting powder. Oh my God. Nothing, and I mean nothing from drugstore to prestige brand controlled my ridiculous oil as well as this stuff. I pat it on over primer, and again over my foundation or bb cream, and my makeup stays on. I have to use a blotting sheet around mid day, but nothing is sliding off my face or rubbing on my clothes, so that's a win. 

Fertility treatments seriously jacked up my skin. I could power Rhode Island with what comes off my face. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I have about 10 eye shadow pallets and my forever favorites are my coastal scents pallets https://www.coastalscents.com/collections/makeup-eyes-eye-palettes/products/revealed-palette

I have the revealed 1 and 2, the 2 has more purple tones and I love it with my green eyes. I wear something from that pallet pretty much every single day. 
  • Options
    @justsie, those colors look awesome.  It's what I want.  Neutral and metallic gold/browns.

• Options
    Nyx blotting powder. Oh my God. Nothing, and I mean nothing from drugstore to prestige brand controlled my ridiculous oil as well as this stuff. I pat it on over primer, and again over my foundation or bb cream, and my makeup stays on. I have to use a blotting sheet around mid day, but nothing is sliding off my face or rubbing on my clothes, so that's a win. 

Fertility treatments seriously jacked up my skin. I could power Rhode Island with what comes off my face. 
    That reminded me of another Urban Decay product I love. De-Slick Mattifying Powder. That stuff worked great! Unfortunately, my cat knocked it off the window sill and broke it. He's such a douche.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    So I just bought some lime crime for the wedding, and now it's one of my faves. Color is nice and bold, it lasts and feels nice on!  So far, I like Salem (but won't be using it on the wedding day) but that may be due to me just loving everything about Salem (MA).  It's make up for unicorns. 

edit:  And i Just 'searched lime crime' on the boards, and had no idea about the scandal.  Dammit!  I was going by reviews when I bought them.  Hopefully that is put behind them? (Unless there's something out there besides the ingredients scandal?)

• Options
    Hi everyone :) I recently discovered mineral make-up and I like the fact it is free from potentially harmful ingredients or toxic chemicals. Someone said it even make us look years younger :)! Also, ladies who are going to take some wedding photos soon need to know that mineral makeup looks great on camera. My personal recommendation is Freeze Frame, do you have some other brand that you recommend?
    @KnotRiley this smells like a vendor.
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) I recently discovered mineral make-up and I like the fact it is free from potentially harmful ingredients or toxic chemicals. Someone said it even make us look years younger :)! Also, ladies who are going to take some wedding photos soon need to know that mineral makeup looks great on camera. My personal recommendation is Freeze Frame, do you have some other brand that you recommend?
    @KnotRiley vendor!