Chit Chat

Who is still up watching this game?

lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
Damn, what a game.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Who is still up watching this game?

• I don't even care who wins but I'm watching and HOT DAMN this is an amazing game 7! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lyndausvi
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    agreed. 

Glad I'm not working these days.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl The Cold North member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Us, but it's not too late for us.  Only just hit 11, so off to bed at a normal time now.  Think we'll be doing current events tomorrow morning instead of real teaching.  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    lyndausvi
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    yeah, it's just after 11 here too.  Benefits of living in the mountain time zone.

• kimmiinthemittenkimmiinthemitten Detroit, MI member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    I didn't watch the game but go Cubbies!  My boss is from the South Side and has been a lifelong fan. He will be in a great mood today!
  • Congrats to the Cubs and all of their fans!  I can't imagine what the atmosphere in Chicago is like right now!
    Hats off to both teams it was quite a series.
  • cupcait927cupcait927 Western NY wine country member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    We watched until the end of the 9th and had to go to bed - it was almost midnight on the east coast. I was so happy this morning to wake up and see that the Cubs had won! I'm a Yankees fan but you couldn't help rooting for the Cubs in this year (unless you're an Indians fan!)
    charlotte989875cowgirl8238
  • I didn't watch the game but go Cubbies!  My boss is from the South Side and has been a lifelong fan. He will be in a great mood today!
    South Sider a cubs fan?! That's blasphemy!! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • H is a huge Cubs fan, he wakes up at 5 to go to work and he was still up to watch last night. I was just getting off work when I looked at the live play and saw them get the last out. Sounded like a great game and when H called his voice was horse from yelling :)
  • OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    Congratulations Cubs! It was a hell of a game! 
    ei34
  • I'm a Giants fan, but I have always liked the Cubs - my mom grew up in Chicago, so they are her "second team."

That was a really exciting game. Though when they announced the rain delay after the 9th inning, I thought I wasn't going to make it to the end and was falling asleep on the couch (even though it was only 9pm for me).

I feel kinda bad for Cleveland, since they just inherited the record for longest time without a WS win, but I'm really happy for Chicago!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ShesSoColdcupcait927cowgirl8238
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    edited November 2016
    We even watched it, and we are uber-nerds.  It is a lot easier when you are on Mountain Time, though!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I was in NY, and we watched some of the game, drove back to our hotel but I didn't want to put it on because DH (this is my first time knotting DH instead of FI....feels so weird but great!) is negative about the cubs (Rangers fan) and all I hear from him is "they're going to choke.  they're going to choke" which makes me nervous and while I know it doesn't (and didn't) altar the outcome of the game, I don't want to watch it with a negative nellie. 

BUT GO CUBS.

short+sassy