Chit Chat

Who is still up watching this game?

Damn, what a game.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Who is still up watching this game?

• I don't even care who wins but I'm watching and HOT DAMN this is an amazing game 7! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • agreed. 

Glad I'm not working these days.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Us, but it's not too late for us.  Only just hit 11, so off to bed at a normal time now.  Think we'll be doing current events tomorrow morning instead of real teaching.  ;)

• yeah, it's just after 11 here too.  Benefits of living in the mountain time zone.

• I didn't watch the game but go Cubbies!  My boss is from the South Side and has been a lifelong fan. He will be in a great mood today!
  • Congrats to the Cubs and all of their fans!  I can't imagine what the atmosphere in Chicago is like right now!
    Hats off to both teams it was quite a series.
  • We watched until the end of the 9th and had to go to bed - it was almost midnight on the east coast. I was so happy this morning to wake up and see that the Cubs had won! I'm a Yankees fan but you couldn't help rooting for the Cubs in this year (unless you're an Indians fan!)
  • I didn't watch the game but go Cubbies!  My boss is from the South Side and has been a lifelong fan. He will be in a great mood today!
    South Sider a cubs fan?! That's blasphemy!! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • H is a huge Cubs fan, he wakes up at 5 to go to work and he was still up to watch last night. I was just getting off work when I looked at the live play and saw them get the last out. Sounded like a great game and when H called his voice was horse from yelling :)
  • Congratulations Cubs! It was a hell of a game! 
  • I'm a Giants fan, but I have always liked the Cubs - my mom grew up in Chicago, so they are her "second team."

That was a really exciting game. Though when they announced the rain delay after the 9th inning, I thought I wasn't going to make it to the end and was falling asleep on the couch (even though it was only 9pm for me).

I feel kinda bad for Cleveland, since they just inherited the record for longest time without a WS win, but I'm really happy for Chicago!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    We even watched it, and we are uber-nerds.  It is a lot easier when you are on Mountain Time, though!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I was in NY, and we watched some of the game, drove back to our hotel but I didn't want to put it on because DH (this is my first time knotting DH instead of FI....feels so weird but great!) is negative about the cubs (Rangers fan) and all I hear from him is "they're going to choke.  they're going to choke" which makes me nervous and while I know it doesn't (and didn't) altar the outcome of the game, I don't want to watch it with a negative nellie. 

BUT GO CUBS.