Wedding Woes

Tuesday (Bluesday)

It's raining, and the whole Heffa household is singing the blues.  Even though we desperately need the rain. 

Everyone in my house had the blahs last night and into this morning.  (DS was cheerful last night, but a bear this morning, so he averages out to meh.)  DH is discouraged by the daily grind but is afraid to take the leap into something riskier.  I have only had two neighbors sign up for the sponsor a family I posted about yesterday.  Wooz was blue yesterday because she said no one wanted to play with her at recess.  I asked if maybe it was a case of them just not wanting to play what she was playing, but she said whenever she asked to play, everyone ran away.  This is a new thing, so I'm hoping it was just a game.  DS whined pretty much from the time he woke up until I sent him off with DH.

Wooz, at least, was cheered by the arrival of our elf, who she named Jack.  I asked DS what he would name him, and because he was in a bad mood, he said "Nobody!"  So I think his full name is Jack Nobody.  When Wooz spotted him, I feigned ignorance ("I was just over there, and I didn't see anything!") and she patiently explained that they move around when no one is watching.  :)  I'm going to miss this age.

Anyway, I'm going to call Social Services and see what the deadline for sign ups is.  And then I'm going to a send a second and last message to our FB group with that info, and then I'm not going to nag people.  And if it's only the three of us, then I will either get a small family, or sponsor three stockings.*  I'm going to look at this as a foundational year.  Maybe next year will be bigger, and maybe it will eventually grow into what I was hoping for.

*Stocking Sponsorship:

The perfect complement for a child’s Christmas gifts would be a stocking filled with small toys and goodies just for them. Our organization can provide empty stockings to you, your group, or organization, and you can fill those stockings to make a smile light up a child’s face.

After you have filled the stocking with items for a specific age child, we ask that you complete the label we will provide to you with the gender and age that is most appropriate for the items you have included in the stocking. Then, you bring your beautifully filled stockings to the Christmas Bureau before the distribution dates so that our volunteers can be sure to give a stocking to every child that receives assistance from the Christmas Bureau. 

Re: Tuesday (Bluesday)

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    Woke up to the the power being out.  The only real suck part of it was that the heat went out.  So it was cold getting out of bed.  It came on right as DefConn and I went down to make breakfast.  

The kiddo's brain does not click on well in the morning, so he was all, "The power is out.  What do I do? HOW AM I GOING TO GET READY FOR SCHOOL?!?!?!?!ONE!!!!?!!" Me: ::headdesk:: "Uh, your cellphone has a flashlight. We have flashlights all over this house.  Also, light a candle and have a romantic time of it.  Just get ready for school."

Meanwhile, I'm over here sitting on 2 days of sick time with a zit on my chin that has it's own area code and I'm all, "I'm calling into work for this BS.  There's no way I'm dressing and putting make up on in the dark.  Plus I can't shower and blow dry my hair.  I have laundry I can fold. Hell, I'll get back in bed until it comes on."  <-- And that's why it's awesome to be an adult.  :D 

I cleaned up on Cyber Monday.  I didn't even mean to shop as much as I did, but there were some great deals to be had.  I got the kiddo almost done.  DefConn just needs stocking stuffers.  DH's college-aged cousin is pretty much done except for some cash or a gift card.  And I have one of 4 white elephant gifts down.  
  • Even though it's Tuesday I swear it feels like Monday since I worked from home (in sweatpants) all day.

I'm still getting used to staying in the house by myself; this morning the dog barked like crazy while I was in the shower, so I have a panic attack thinking it's a robber or murdered, or other nefarious character, so I get out quick and run downstairs, and he's curled up, asleep on the couch. 
  • mrs.conn, every time I make progress, you end up lapping me.  This may call for a strop later.  Glad your power came back on.

I got DH's brother done yesterday.  Both of his sisters moved during the past year, so I'm trying to get their new mailing addresses.  I FB messaged one sister, but the other one deactivated her FB account after the election, so I'm relying on DH for help. 

Image result for pray for mojo

• And these wildfires in Gatlinburg on the heels of Hurricane Matthew are killing us at work.  Not just $$$$, but since I work in customer service...it's also dealing with telling people their vacation is canceled.  

The devastation is horrifying.  BIL/SIL used to live in Knoxville (an hour north) and that area is so beautiful.   :( So far, there haven't been any reported deaths.  I hope that continues. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    And these wildfires in Gatlinburg on the heels of Hurricane Matthew are killing us at work.  Not just $$$$, but since I work in customer service...it's also dealing with telling people their vacation is canceled.  

The devastation is horrifying.  BIL/SIL used to live in Knoxville (an hour north) and that area is so beautiful.   :( So far, there haven't been any reported deaths.  I hope that continues. 
    A friend of mine from NC has a house in the Valley where the fires are getting close. It's evacuated so no one is danger, but she has no idea if the house will be okay. The damage is scary. 
  • tawillers said:

s/o white elephant - I saw this on pinterest and think I'm going to do it.  Super easy and hopefully no one will know what it is all wrapped up.  I could throw a gift card in there, too.

Image result for scratch offs in a frame

I like that!! That might be a good one to do.  :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    And these wildfires in Gatlinburg on the heels of Hurricane Matthew are killing us at work.  Not just $$$$, but since I work in customer service...it's also dealing with telling people their vacation is canceled.  

Ugh, I didn't even think about it re: your work.

Coincidentally, over the weekend DH just mentioned meeting us up with his dad in Gatlinburg sometime in January, and I was like "In winter?"  ::scrunch face::  We've been there twice now and I did not love either time, but the photos coming out of there are just awful.  I follow Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, and other places up there on FB, so I basically saw this blow up in real-time in my feed yesterday.  Scary and awful.

On top of all the people in its path, I'm also worried about the animals in the aquarium.  We've been there and Wooz loved it.  :(

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    Heffalump said:

mrs.conn, every time I make progress, you end up lapping me.  This may call for a strop later.  Glad your power came back on.

LOL!  I'm really not even trying!  Also, I need to start wrapping...like now.  

And I'm secretly excited to have all these packages show up.  I <3 the UPS truck so much.  
  • Did some research on cars several weeks ago and found that my car is actually an IIHS top safety pick for having two car seats in the back seat. Well, they don't fit. I'm not sure what we're going to do. I'd like to buy an SUV, but I'm upside down in my car.

I'm at my wits end with my male cat. He looked straight at me while he pooped on the rug directly in front of the litter box this morning. We still can't start on the nursery because of the stench in there. I'm calling a pro today, we obviously aren't going to get it done ourselves.

I finished crocheting one of the scarves I'm making for Mouse's teachers, but it's too short to be an infinity scarf so I'm having to rethink that.

My mom is having back surgery on the 7th. She's really disappointed because that's ultrasound day. I told her that I'll send her all the pics so she'll have something to look forward to when she wakes up. She'll be in the hospital for 5 days then in rehab for 10. 
  • Heffalump said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Ugh, I didn't even think about it re: your work.

Coincidentally, over the weekend DH just mentioned meeting us up with his dad in Gatlinburg sometime in January, and I was like "In winter?"  ::scrunch face::  We've been there twice now and I did not love either time, but the photos coming out of there are just awful.  I follow Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, and other places up there on FB, so I basically saw this blow up in real-time in my feed yesterday.  Scary and awful.

On top of all the people in its path, I'm also worried about the animals in the aquarium.  We've been there and Wooz loved it.  :(

That's how I've been feeling too with all my friends' posts and the local news I still follow. It's so close to our old house, we spent so much time in the park it's sad. 
  • Conn, you can also always pick up the 3ft twix bar!  That was a big hit at one of our parties a couple years ago (for some reason)!

https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Caramel-Chocolate-Cookie-32-22-Ounce/dp/B00PROW6TM?th=1

• And I brought this last year with a bottle of wine.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Big-Betty-Extra-Premium/dp/B0053T01UM/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1480430751&sr=1-3&keywords=large+wine+glass

DH brought the glass boot with beer.  I got both at Kohl's.

• mrsconn23 said:

A friend of mine from NC has a house in the Valley where the fires are getting close. It's evacuated so no one is danger, but she has no idea if the house will be okay. The damage is scary. 

I hope your friend's house survives unscathed.  Glad she's okay!

@tawillers, good luck with your van.  I have only had my Mirena out once (hello, DS!), and IIRC, it was nothing compared to the insertion.  Hugs and wine and Motrin!

• @Heffalump  what is it about rain that puts everyone in low mood?

@mrsconn23  giggling about romanticizing getting ready :P

@charlotte989875  damn dog lol. I hate when animals do that. Our cats will sit and just randomly stare downstairs {you can see front door from the top} and I'm always worried they can hear someone breaking in :\

Literally nothing last night. I had such a headache by the end of the day I wanted to die. I booked myself a massage on Friday night, so hopefully that'll help a bit.
    Oh wait, M and I did go over the budget and I made myself very clear we have to get a handle on shit asap. He wanted to buy something for himself {legit something no one would buy him} so he understands I will be entirely too pissed if he strays from budget. We're using next 2 weeks to track his spending and see what would be good as a budgeted allowance, that way we BOTH have a certain amount to spend between pays. It'll help keep spending under control.
    I'm sure it sounds super rude or controlling but M has a spending problem and enough debt to make me pissy, so I need that under control before we decide to TTC {if it's not, we're holding off until it is}

Tonight isn't much either. I have to order some stuff for xmas - charmed aroma candles for my mum and MIL, mug for SFIL and possibly mug for my mum - and M is doing more resume send outs. I'm going to try and do some yoga to loosen up tight muscles.
  • My Pandora isn't working. It will be a long ass day if I can't listen to Pandora.

My coworker just arrived smelling like poop and cheap perfume.

I am right on board with everyone's blahs.

But H and I are going to the Hawks game tonight, so that will be fun.

Fuck it. Time to go home then. You shouldn't have to work under those conditions!
  • Can we cancel today? Seems like everyone is having a rough day :(
  • Can we cancel today? Seems like everyone is having a rough day :(
    I second this.

And my laptop is on the fritz AND I need to upgrade to Adobe CC 2017, but it seems that our IT department is MIA.

We should all go home, eat popcorn, drink cocoa, and watch movies. Or the Game Show Network.
  • tawillers said:

To add to the blues, I have an appointment to get my mirena out.  I've never had it done before so I don't know what to expect.

I just did removal/replacement last month.  It pinched a bit when she pulled it out, but it wasn't too bad.  My back did start hurting a bit right away. I was crampy for the afternoon and just hung out on the couch with a heating pad.  I spotted for about a week and then it was all good. 

• Two days ago I was about to book a summer trip to Gatlinburg and got distracted.  I have a week from RCI I need to book for this summer and I'm having a heck of a time.

I'm at my wits end with M2.  She's in lala land and it's making everything take twice as long.

I'm done buying Christmas presents, but I need to make cinnamon rolls for neighbors.  DH and I bought the MaxTrainer and are calling that our present.

Speaking of DH.  He sent a text this morning that campus is really creepy today.  He said every siren sounds ominous now.  It was tough waiting to hear from him, but I can't imagine how parents felt.  DH is an adult and has better coping skills.  These poor kids must really be struggling.
  • 6fsn said:
    Two days ago I was about to book a summer trip to Gatlinburg and got distracted.  I have a week from RCI I need to book for this summer and I'm having a heck of a time.

Look into Massanutten, VA.  There is a large resort complex there in the mountains.  Also, it's not too far from DC.  My former boss and one of my closest work friends is our on-site rep there.  If you want more info, I can hit her up for some details and things to do in the area.  DH and I are considering a trip there next year.  
  • Re: Gatlinburg - Those fires are absolutely horrifying. Mom sent me a video that someone who was trapped in a hotel posted. Holy freaking crap. That's like my worst nightmare. Thankfully there are no reported deaths so far. I don't love Gatlinburg because of the traffic, but we went there on vacation all the time when I was a kid. We still visit the surrounding areas pretty frequently for the outdoorsy stuff (Townsend, Cade's Cove, Wears Valley, etc.). It's such a gorgeous area. I'm so sad that it's suffered so much damage.

I feel blah today too. We got so much rain last night and I am pumped about that, but I wanted to stay home today. (and every day, let's face it)

I just realized this morning that I'm pretty sure my work doesn't do anything for needy people around Christmas. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the people I work for, but I've never worked anywhere that didn't at least do something like a food drive or something. It makes me sad. I'm going to find my own thing to do. Thanks for the inspiration Heffa!

• mrsconn23 said:
    tawillers said:

To add to the blues, I have an appointment to get my mirena out.  I've never had it done before so I don't know what to expect.

I just did removal/replacement last month.  It pinched a bit when she pulled it out, but it wasn't too bad.  My back did start hurting a bit right away. I was crampy for the afternoon and just hung out on the couch with a heating pad.  I spotted for about a week and then it was all good. 

Good to know.  I don't have any plans for today, but I do have stuff the rest of the week.

::shaking fist at body::  You better not eff this up for me!

• Raining here today too.  But we need it, we are on the cusp of a drought.  I heard TN is getting rain too today, so hopefully that will help the wildfire down there.

Last night was my monthly doctor's appointment and both heartbeat and uterus measurements were on target.  We went in early to try and get out early since we wanted to eat out for dinner.  Well, we just sat there!  I have never seen the office so busy!  I met the other doctor at the practice and she is also nice, so I feel a bit relieved about that in case she ends up delivering baby.

After the appointment, we went out to dinner.  It was an Italian place we had a groupon for.  I had some yummy penne vodka and H had a personal pizza, which he had lots of leftover.  The place is a little pricy, so we don't go without a groupon there, but its always delicious!

Then we went home to settle down and watch the Eagles game.  We watched the first half and even though they were losing, they were looking pretty good.  I somehow stayed awake through halftime to start the 3rd quarter.  Then they threw an interception and I was done!  They ended up losing.

I did sleep much better last night, so that was a plus.  I did wake up in the 5s after having a terrible dream about my dog.  I usually don't remember my dreams, so these vivid pregnancy dreams are no bueno.  She was in the room at the time I woke up, so that helped a bit, knowing she was fine and sleeping next to me on the floor. 

• Continuing the Bluesday theme, I forgot my breakfast, lunch, and snack today.  I put them all in my lunch bag, so I must have left it on the counter and walked out.  Luckily I have a granola bar stash in my desk, so that was breakfast.  I was going to work out today (probably. maybe.), but now it looks like I'm taking myself out to lunch. 
  • Random question, does anyone else use the Downy Unstoppables?
    I've been using them for awhile, but last night I went to hang laundry and what seemed like all of them didn't dissolve, so I have to rewash a bunch of things {obviously it's my darks load too ....}

Anyone have any idea WHY they didn't dissolve or had this happen?
    M thinks water level wasn't high enough, I'm wondering if maybe it was too heavy of a load.
  • 6fsn - We have a Wyndham timeshare, but RCI is our exchange company.  Every time we look for something through RCI, there is nothing ever available.  We did end up using RCI for a Holiday Inn Vacation Club Resort in Myrtle Beach - that place was so nice.  I have a feeling its probably already booked up for summer though.  We went in February - it wasn't that bad temp wise, but they had a giant 40 person hot tub that made it all worth while!

Atomic - hope you and H feel better soon!  And that minion is adorable!