Wedding Woes

Wednesday

This week is limping along.  Come on weekend. 

I'm ready for a nap.  And that's about all I have.  ;) 

Re: Wednesday

• 99% of the time I can look past political differences in friendships. I value diversity of opinion and respect everyone's right to vote and act based on what they deem to be most important.  But today in MI they are about to pass a bill forcing all new teachers into 403(b)'s instead of pensions (with a 5% cap on contributions), and the belief is they will use the easy passage of this bill to do the same for existing teachers, police and firefighter retirements.  It's hard not to feel bitter when a friends vote directly hurts your household.  

Just another bitter pill in this very ugly November.

Otherwise, I have a meeting at the office that I convened at 10am and I don't want to go.  I'd rather stay home in pajamas.  Speaking of which, I should probably do so makeup now!

• Glad you're feeling better @AtomicBlonde. And I'm with you on the dog v. puppy adoption. Ours was a year old when we found him, but house trained so we didn't have to do any of that. I'd rescue an older dog over a puppy any day. 

H gets back tonight (hopefully) and is home for a few days before leaving again. I love that he has a hobby he's passionate about and gets to spend time with his close friends and family, but the house is too quiet, the dog misses him, and I do too. Also, I wish we had a security system. 
  • Heffa - That drawing is so cute and I'm glad you have gotten enough participating families in your neighborhood to adopt a family!  That's wonderful!

Last night we put some of the paint up in the bathroom around the light fixture, so we can eventually put the fixture up so that we can see while we paint!  We've had no light fixture there for months now, but it didn't really become a problem until day light savings.  And now we can't really do any work in there after work because its not lit enough.  So I held a flashlight, while H put up some paint around the electrical box.  We will probably do another coat tomorrow.  I checked on it this morning and it looks a bit darker than what was indicated on the top.  But it was oops paint, that was semi-gloss and low VOC and the whole gallon was $9, so we will deal!

Tonight will be busy.  I have yoga after work, then going home for dinner, and then right out to the BJs for some bulk shopping.  MIL needs some things too (and she has coupons) so who knows what we will end up buying! 

We will then fill up my car (saving an extra 5 cents per gallon at the BJs gas station) with gas so I can make the almost 70 mile one way trek to a town in the Philly suburbs for work tomorrow.  Not looking forward to this route because heading into Philly from NJ every morning is a nightmare, I don't know how some people do it every day.  Once I get past everyone heading into the city, it shouldn't be as bad, but it will still probably be about a 2 hour trip just to get there because of the traffic I will hit heading into Philly.  At least I will be on the clock and maybe get some overtime this week because of it!

• DH isn't home yet from work and his VP is in the office.  I hope he's talking to him (about this never-ending promotion process) and not dealing with some clusterfuck.  
  • I'm so glad MIL is OK, @drglitter.  

And your FIL sounds very sweet.  :) 
  • @drglitter  glad your MIL is okay! I love seeing a couple in the family and just thinking "I want to be them" <3

@Heffalump  so cute!
  • @kimmiinthemitten Ugh! I'm sorry about that bill. That's just really crappy :(

@Heffalump I'm so glad your idea is working out! It's really cool that you have so many families coming together. Also, that drawing is adorable.

Not much here for me today. DH and I got in a fight last night, AKA I got upset about something insensitive he said and started crying because apparently that's the only way my feelings come out these days. We're ok, but I am just sooo sensitive right now. My grandma is not doing well at all. DH's dad has Alzheimer's too, but it took him years to progress to the point he's at now. My grandma, on the other hand, was pretty stable for a several years and has gone downhill rapidly in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm having a really hard time processing it. DH seems to think that I should be processing it the way he did with his dad, but he had a lot longer to "get used to" their new normal. And I'm also a way more emotional person than DH is so I wouldn't process things the same way anyways.

In other news, it's raining buckets here. I'm so happy! I was woken up last night several times by severe weather alerts on my phone. I think there were some tornadoes in neighboring counties. I'm getting ready to look it up on the local news website. I hope Gatlinburg got some of this rain!

• @drglitter so glad your MIL is ok. Your FIL sounds like the sweetest.

• Not a huge amount last night. My friend found and sang the song M and I walked down the aisle to on a new karaoke app, then she sent it to me.
    I've been having a pretty rough few days {stress, sick, on coming holidays, etc} so it made me tear up a bit knowing she thought of me/us to do it.

I ended up d/l'ing the app because I miss karaoke. {FYI it's called "SMULE"}

M went to the Grey Cup parade yesterday, and he recorded it. He shook the hand of our main QB {who is 41 fyi. He used Grey Cup as big "fuck you" to everyone who kept saying he's too old lol} and in the video M totally acts "fan girl" :) Even when he showed me the vid that night, he was kinda fan-girling when that point came up lol

M fell asleep on the couch, so after not being able to fall asleep upstairs I went down to get him. Apparently yesterday was a long day for him lol ;)
  • @mrsconn23 my H is dealing with something similar. He was promoted in April and his company likes for their promotion prospects to be in their current position for a year, but his boss keeps telling him that when they open this new position next year he's the number 1 pick. If it's true, great, but in the mean time I'm worrying that it's a ploy to get him to happily work the 12+ hour days he's working. If he only works 10 hours a day any more it's a rarity. They told him when he got this promotion that he'd be off work earlier (around 5) and that's happened twice in 8 months.

Had another near miss accident this morning in the same spot as the near miss two weeks ago. People get off the highway and decide they're coming over regardless of if anyone is there. I honked at this guy, who was clearly in the wrong as he was crossing a solid white line, and he yelled at me. One of these days, I'm going to just let it happen (no I won't) and let them buy me a new car.

• @thefanciestbeckler  Sorry to hear about your grandma :( My first thought when reading situation is that not everyone deals the same way. Even if your grandma and your H's dad progressed same way, doesn't always mean you'll handle it the same. I'm like you, I tend to take the emotional turn on dealing with things so I get that part. Alzheimer's is hard regardless how it progresses :(

Yay rain though!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  jesus people need to learn to drive!!! {btw when are you due?}
  • yes, @drglitter, glad your MIL is OK!

@heffalump - great drawing!

I had this weird dream that I was having a PPD for literally my 3 friends who couldn't make the wedding and my co-workers (and only 3 would make it fun anyway) and some other people I didn't know lol.  We were all on a trolley somewhere and I pulled my SIL aside and said "all I did was re-book the venue. I don't have a dress OR my extensions!"   yeah, seriously hair extensions were top on my list even for a PPD.  She's like "let's see what we can do" and disappeared, but then my alarm woke me up and I woke up going "why? WHY do people have a wedding and PPD? Who does that to themselves?"  

Ironically enough, yesterday marked our 4 week anniversary, which I just noticed now! 

Our stupid scanner/copier has been broken since last Wednesday and they can't fix it?  We are a BIG company with a lot of employee's and like, seriously 6 people in our I.T. department (remote though)....why the hell can't they fix this? I have some stuff for my refi to scan over to them, and I'm just going to go to the bank and make them copy the documents like it's 1997.  It's time sensitive and i want it done today.

DH is off from work.  I'm going to go out for lunch with him near said bank. I mean, we're there anyway.....

• @MissKittyDanger I'm due on Valentine's Day. I have that app, but as soon as I downloaded it I got sick and my singing voice sounds like a tween boy hitting puberty ever since. I still sing Mouse to sleep most nights though since he doesn't care. Singing to him is one of the best parts of my day because his little face lights up and he gets the biggest smile.
  • @DrillSergeantCat  Vday baby! :) And damn that's pretty close.
    Aww Mouse sounds too adorable!
  • @thefanciestbeckler  Sorry to hear about your grandma :( My first thought when reading situation is that not everyone deals the same way. Even if your grandma and your H's dad progressed same way, doesn't always mean you'll handle it the same. I'm like you, I tend to take the emotional turn on dealing with things so I get that part. Alzheimer's is hard regardless how it progresses :(

Yay rain though!

Thanks girl. It really does suck, and its so hard to watch my grandpa grieve too. He's getting caretaker's syndrome pretty bad :(

• @DrillSergeantCat,  he's a doll!!!  Such a cutie-pie.
  • That was 2 months ago. He has his top two teeth now and his smile is even cuter!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DH isn't home yet from work and his VP is in the office.  I hope he's talking to him (about this never-ending promotion process) and not dealing with some clusterfuck.  
    Welp, it was the latter.  He vented.  We went to our corners. 

We then got a call from Subaru about my car.  Things are looking good on that front.  They are getting a part in hopefully today and that will hopefully ::fingers crossed:: fix the issue and I'll get my car back. :D  They offered us a loaner, but we told them we're good since we have a 3rd car.  They are trying to ensure that this won't cost us anything.   We've been very nice and patient and keep pointing out that we bought *two* cars from them on the same day...so it would behoove them to keep us happy. 

We talked about work.  DH is not waiting around for them to decide on the promotion (and he hasn't been).  He has stuff in the pipeline (a couple companies/recruiters have contacted him recently and his friend may have an opening early next year at his company).  And I keep reminding him that we have a clear calendar next year as far as events/vacations, plus we're on my insurance.  Therefore a job change wouldn't be that difficult for us to manage. 
  • That was 2 months ago. He has his top two teeth now and his smile is even cuter!
    Is that possible? <3

Yay rain though!

Thanks girl. It really does suck, and its so hard to watch my grandpa grieve too. He's getting caretaker's syndrome pretty bad :(
    :( poor guy
    Odd question, how old are your grandparents?
  • @mrsconn23  Vibes for your H that something comes up! It's not fair they keep playing him with the promo :(
  • @drglitter, I'm so glad your MIL is okay.

@DrillSergeantCat, your Mouse is beautiful!  Also, I want to squeeze his cheeks. :)

@thefanciestbeckler, lots and lots of hugs.

Ugh at my 10:00 meeting.  I was more right than I knew not to want to go.  One of my CWs got out of it because he has a huge, gross thing on his eye and left to go to the doctor, and by the end of the meeting, I envied him.