Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Ugg.  I had...I wouldn't call it a fight, but maybe an unpleasantness...with FI last night.  I had a work thing that ran until 7:30, and he made plans to grab drinks with a friend during that time period.  My thing wrapped up closer to 6:45, and I texted to let him know that I was headed home.  He replied saying that he was on his last round, and I said not to rush.  Well he interpreted that as "stay as late as you want," which is usually how I would feel--friends are important, I'm not clingy--but we had shit to do last night.  When he got home it was almost 11 and too late to accomplish any of the things.  I let him know I was a little frustrated, and he came back with a super melodramatic "well I guess I'm awful and useless because I wanted to see my friend" which is completely unlike him. We just have so damn much on our plates right now I guess it's getting to both of us.

Today is good, though.  I decided I'm going to "prank" a coworker by setting up a Christmas tree in his office.  (He celebrates Christmas but claims he hasn't had a tree in years.)  I told one colleague about the idea and now we have a little team assembled who want in on the plan.  I love the holidays at this job because everyone gets really into it!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  point proven. He can get cuter :) I'm excited to see how adorable new baby will be!

@SaintPaulGal  that is the greatest 'prank' for someone lol
  • @thefanciestbeckler  Sorry to hear about your grandma :( My first thought when reading situation is that not everyone deals the same way. Even if your grandma and your H's dad progressed same way, doesn't always mean you'll handle it the same. I'm like you, I tend to take the emotional turn on dealing with things so I get that part. Alzheimer's is hard regardless how it progresses :(

Yay rain though!

Thanks girl. It really does suck, and its so hard to watch my grandpa grieve too. He's getting caretaker's syndrome pretty bad :(
    :( poor guy
    Odd question, how old are your grandparents?

They're in their mid 80's. My grandpa is still fine to drive, etc. We're trying to convince him to let mom hire them someone to come in and check on them once or twice a week and help around the house some like a home health type of situation. So far that convo isn't going well. He's pretty stubborn. Ha.

• @thefanciestbeckler, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents.  My grandma had dementia, it's such an ugly, heartbreaking disease.
  • @kimmiinthemitten Ugh! I'm sorry about that bill. That's just really crappy :(

@Heffalump I'm so glad your idea is working out! It's really cool that you have so many families coming together. Also, that drawing is adorable.

Not much here for me today. DH and I got in a fight last night, AKA I got upset about something insensitive he said and started crying because apparently that's the only way my feelings come out these days. We're ok, but I am just sooo sensitive right now. My grandma is not doing well at all. DH's dad has Alzheimer's too, but it took him years to progress to the point he's at now. My grandma, on the other hand, was pretty stable for a several years and has gone downhill rapidly in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm having a really hard time processing it. DH seems to think that I should be processing it the way he did with his dad, but he had a lot longer to "get used to" their new normal. And I'm also a way more emotional person than DH is so I wouldn't process things the same way anyways.

In other news, it's raining buckets here. I'm so happy! I was woken up last night several times by severe weather alerts on my phone. I think there were some tornadoes in neighboring counties. I'm getting ready to look it up on the local news website. I hope Gatlinburg got some of this rain!

Sorry about your grandma.  Alzheimer's is awful. You process however you need to do so. Hugs to you.
  • I had a good day.  Had the first meeting at the new job. (it was meeting for all staff).   I've got to be honest, I'm not really sure exactly what I will be doing other than being a manager.  Ha.  

I officially start on Friday.  Not enough snow to open up the lifts to the restaurant so snowmobile it is to the top.  (we don't officially open for another 10-12 days).   Funny, 5 years ago I was working on a sailboat in a bikini top, board shorts and barefooted.       Funny how things change.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Things were going great until Comcast has a network glitch and I can't access or send emails. They said it would 12-24 hours before it would be fixed. Normally no big deal but I'm in charge of volunteers for a fundraising event on Saturday. ALL communication is by email, and I need to send out final instructions! Hope they get it fixed sooner rather than later.
  • We have an offsite holiday party for work tomorrow, so that should be fun. I need to bake tonight since I promised cookies. I also need to find a white elephant gift of some sort, and an ugly sweater.