Attire & Accessories Forum

Qipao dress

Hi there fellow brides to be, 
                                           I'm looking for some advice on where to buy a Chinese Qipao dress. I know this discussion has been brought up before but the most recent one I can find is from last year.
I have found a new website called modernqipao.com and I'm wondering if anyone has used them before? I have tried emailing them but have received no reply. 
I've googled to see if they are a legitimate website and it seems to be be but there are no reviews from anybody!!!
If any of you have brought anything from this website I would really appreciate if you could let me know. Thank you in advance!

B

Re: Qipao dress

• If there are no reviews and they won't answer your emails, no. It isn't legit. 
  • I wore a qipao at my wedding. I didn't trust any of the online sites because so many of them are scammers so bought mine in Chinatown (NYC). There were several shops that had premade ones for under $500. I know custom made ones were more expensive, but you may be lucky and find one off the rack. 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I know, that's why I'm having my doubts Starmoon44. 

Unfortunately Cookie Pusher, I live in Ireland and there is no Chinatown at all which is why I'm looking online. 
  • I know, that's why I'm having my doubts Starmoon44. 

Unfortunately Cookie Pusher, I live in Ireland and there is no Chinatown at all which is why I'm looking online. 
    Oh boo. Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions then. :( Good luck!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I did an Etsy search and found 300+ results. EBay might be worth a look too.
  • Are you sure there are no Chinese dress shops anywhere in Ireland? Even in the bigger cities? I would also imagine London might have some, and I understand flights like that are generally pretty affordable.
  • Yes, unfortunately there are not many Chinese people living here-I'm in the capital, Dublin and my family were one of the first to have settled here. 
    I might look on Etsy actually, thank you for the advice. 
  • When I googled "Qipao dress London, UK" I found quite a few online stores with physical addresses in England. Of course do your due diligence (which is why I didn't list any links here), but it looks like there are some options.
  • Great, thanks a mil!