Chit Chat

Parents who are WAY too excited for grandkids...

2»

Re: Parents who are WAY too excited for grandkids...

• M and I have talked about kids. We're planning one, hoping 2 and looking at eventually/possibly 3 BUT {huge BUT here} I was not planned as being an only child. My mum had issues with delivery and caused her to ideally not have more kids - and then my dad got an infection, so *POOF* just moi.

I told M that even if all is fine with baby 1, if I say "nope. not doing that again" then that's not his choice. If I change my mind, I will tell him but there may be an age gap bigger than we anticipated. {ideal: baby 1 turns 3, get pregnant with baby 2}

I guess we're pretty lucky, that both sides of the family would be happy with just 1 healthy kid and wouldn't pressure for more. I'm sure they'd ask though ...

@kimmiinthemitten  maybe you need to throw hypothetical things out "what if I can only have one kid? how about we plan baby 1 and then H AND I decide after that."
  • I am so blessed to have parents and a MIL who never bugged us about it at all. It was so great. We got more questions from friends? If someone asked me, I would always turn right around and ask them back! If it's ok for them to ask, it's obviously ok for me to ask. (Bonus, it satisfies my nosy side that I wouldn't be able to if they hadn't because I don't ask people questions like that.)
  • I think I must have gotten really good at evading this question.
    My family was SHOCKED when we announced we were pregnant!  :D

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• M and I have talked about kids. We're planning one, hoping 2 and looking at eventually/possibly 3 BUT {huge BUT here} I was not planned as being an only child. My mum had issues with delivery and caused her to ideally not have more kids - and then my dad got an infection, so *POOF* just moi.

I told M that even if all is fine with baby 1, if I say "nope. not doing that again" then that's not his choice. If I change my mind, I will tell him but there may be an age gap bigger than we anticipated. {ideal: baby 1 turns 3, get pregnant with baby 2}

I guess we're pretty lucky, that both sides of the family would be happy with just 1 healthy kid and wouldn't pressure for more. I'm sure they'd ask though ...

@kimmiinthemitten  maybe you need to throw hypothetical things out "what if I can only have one kid? how about we plan baby 1 and then H AND I decide after that."
    Nope....one is my compromise with FI.  I'm not going to lead anyone to believe otherwise, especially a parent who thinks she's our third decision maker.