Wedding Woes
Options

What's on your wish list?

My DH has asked for a Christmas list from me and I'm just not coming up with something I need or want (besides a healthy H!)

What's on your wish list this year?

Re: What's on your wish list?

• Options
    I ask M to get me gift cards for stores I like {and list it} for everyone else it's mainly money. Lol

One bonus is my mum and MIL are on pinterest with me, so they see things I pin and get ideas. Because of that, I think MIL is getting me essential oil stuff
  • Options

I was honestly grasping for straws to come up with anything for my list.

I asked for a gift card for a massage, an iTunes gift card, a 1.5-2 qt slow cooker, a 13x9 Pyrex baking dish with a lid, and a nice set of plastic food storage containers. That's the most adult looking Christmas list I've ever had. Lol. My family also knows my style and likes to buy me clothes and jewelry so that's always an option for them.

What I really want is a Dyson vacuum, a Roomba, and a stand mixer, but those are way too expensive to ask for in my family. Ha.

• Options
    Mine is super practical because I can't really think of any "wants."
    I'm asking for the Harry Potter set of books, a bluetooth speaker, a steam mop, a new whisk and bowl for my kitchenaid mixer, and a new hand mixer. 
  • Options
    I'm asking for the Harry Potter set of books, a bluetooth speaker, a steam mop, a new whisk and bowl for my kitchenaid mixer, and a new hand mixer. 
    Dammit! I should have asked for a mop! Didn't even think about that ...
  • Options
    I don't really have anything on my list. Last year I treated myself to a few things, but my family is going small this year on gifts. A lot of these are coming up in the new year to save for.
  • Options
    LOL. I have a feeling my H isn't going to be happy with my list since the books are the only thing not for the house. 70% of my house is hardwood floors and I bought a swiffer wet jet to mop with but it leaves the floors so dull and the steam mops usually have the ability to be used in other places too. 

I think I'll also ask for a wire shelf for the garage.

OOOHHH Now that I think about it...a new garage door opener so I can actually park in the garage!
  • Options
    LOL. I have a feeling my H isn't going to be happy with my list since the books are the only thing not for the house. 70% of my house is hardwood floors and I bought a swiffer wet jet to mop with but it leaves the floors so dull and the steam mops usually have the ability to be used in other places too. 

OOOHHH Now that I think about it...a new garage door opener so I can actually park in the garage!
    My uncle suggested a Vileda awhile ago and to get 2 mops. One wet, one dry. Our whole place isn't carpeted {heaven and curse ...}

I'm 90% sure MIL is getting me essential oil stuff. I accidentally saw a convo between M and her about it lol
    I'm wondering if he casually mentioned about us wanting a Nest Thermostat ...
  • Options

The guy who did our hardwood floors told us not to use a steam mop on them. You might want to check your installers' recommendations before using a steam mop. I have a steam mop that I use on our ceramic. LOVE IT!
  • Options
    All the things I want/need are really big ticket items and not in our budget (new computer, new bed, security system, new windows). 

What we've done the past few years have been something big/nice that we both want; one year we splurged on our Airbnb for the holidays, another we took a vacation. It's been a good system so we'll eventually decide on what to do. 
  • Options
    We're asking for a fondue pot. We can never get enough cheese!

Other than that, I asked for warm stuff. Wrap sweaters, Cuddl Duds, knee socks. I'm freakin' cold. Wind chill is like 2* in Chicago right now. 

• Options
    All of my things are household big ticket items, I think. I don't know what I will need until I get over there except for all of the furniture we didn't take, I.e couch, dressers, bookshelves. After purging so much in the moving process is it hard to think about getting more things. But a steam mop sounds pretty nice. :)
  • Options

The guy who did our hardwood floors told us not to use a steam mop on them. You might want to check your installers' recommendations before using a steam mop. I have a steam mop that I use on our ceramic. LOVE IT!
    Good point. 
  • Options
    All the things I want are practical: clothes or kitchen stuff. I did ask FW for tickets or a gift card for something we can do together.
  • Options
    I'm also having a hard time coming up with ideas.  Like many of you, my biggest wants are big-ticket house things: new floor upstairs, new fridge, new stove, new windows upstairs.  Those are too big to ask for and I know they aren't in the cards right now.  I also want some little household stuff like table linens, cookie sheets, maybe some new knives, etc.  But I need to make sure we have something left to register for, so I'd prefer to avoid kitchen and dining things since they make such good registry items.
  • Options
    I'm also having a hard time coming up with ideas.  Like many of you, my biggest wants are big-ticket house things: new floor upstairs, new fridge, new stove, new windows upstairs.  Those are too big to ask for and I know they aren't in the cards right now.  I also want some little household stuff like table linens, cookie sheets, maybe some new knives, etc.  But I need to make sure we have something left to register for, so I'd prefer to avoid kitchen and dining things since they make such good registry items.
    Can you think of things that you want sooner than later for registry? At least that way you get a head start
  • Options
    I want a FitBit Blaze. That's about it in the reasonable category. New car and new refrigerator are in the not yet category.
  • Options
    I'd love a new pair of Uggs and a new pair of riding boots. A new vacuum and steam mop would also be very much appreciated. H probably would've gotten me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas but I wanted something slightly more fun. He did get me the FitBit Alta that I wanted, and my mom is getting us brand new pots and pans that we're in desperate need of. 
  • Options
    Did any of you ever think, when you were, oh, 16 years old, that the day would come when mops and vacuums and cookware would be awesome Christmas gifts?
    Hahaha! Nope! My rule about household gifts is if we need a vacuum, it's okay to get that for me, but that vacuum needs to be better than one I would purchase myself (Dyson not a Eureka).
  • Options
    I need clothes. I want some work out stuff. 

I want a food processor and the big half sheet pan cookie pans. My mom has this bigger than 9x13 Pyrex and I want something that size. 

Its sad. 

• Options
    I asked for black workout pants from Under Amour, Toms, gc for a mani/pedi and a North Face rainproof jacket. I feel like this is my last year of asking for stuff for me so I made the most of it. 
  • Options
    I asked for subscriptions to a few magazines I enjoy and buy every once in a while and then money towards a new Cricut machine for card making.
  • Options
    I have a big family so we just draw names for secret Santa each year that way you only have to buy one gift. I'm really excited because I got my sister this year and I think I came up with a great gift for her..a subscription to Lifetime Movie Club. It's like the Netflix of Lifetime movies. I know she will love it. 
  • Options
    Did any of you ever think, when you were, oh, 16 years old, that the day would come when mops and vacuums and cookware would be awesome Christmas gifts?
    Nope!
    My first thought would have been "i am my mother" because she bought herself a fancy, expensive vacuum {TriStar} and since it has lifetime warranty, they call every so often to service the vacuum ...
  • Options

I asked for a vacuum this year because the one we have now doesn't have good suction and is HORRIBLE for cleaning the stairs...damn carpeted stairs...I should've asked to have the stairs redone!

Other item on the list?  A new stockpot...

It's like you read my Christmas List from the other side of the computer!

• Options
    -Weekly planner
    -Wall calendar
    -House shoes
    -Chocolate
    -Stamps and correspondence cards
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • Options
    I really need to upgrade my winter gear, boots, a coat, snow pants etc. It's  fairly useless though because FI has never been one to take my suggestions lol, I will give him credit though because he is a great gift giver. I got a steam mop last year and I absolutely love it!! I also would like some nightstands for our room and an SUV but those are big ticket items that can wait and be saved for. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I told H the few items that were on my wish list and he went and I'm pretty sure he went and bought them. That is why I hate giving him a wish list. I don't ask for a list from him, I just remember throughout the year what he has said he'd like to have and I get that. I feel...I'm not sure of the word...about him just buying everything on my list.