Wedding Woes

What's on your wish list?

2»

Re: What's on your wish list?

• I told H the few items that were on my wish list and he went and I'm pretty sure he went and bought them. That is why I hate giving him a wish list. I don't ask for a list from him, I just remember throughout the year what he has said he'd like to have and I get that. I feel...I'm not sure of the word...about him just buying everything on my list.
    I know how you feel because my DH does the same thing. It took me years to figure out that his love language is gift giving, it seems so obvious now. It bothered me a lot in the beginning because it felt like he was trying to buy my love or something. And then I felt like the most ungrateful bitch. It also would bother me that I would put so much time and effort intohis presents and he just clicked on stuff I picked out. But he just wants to make sure I like everything because he wants me to be happy.
    charlotte989875cowgirl8238
  • I know how you feel because my DH does the same thing. It took me years to figure out that his love language is gift giving, it seems so obvious now. It bothered me a lot in the beginning because it felt like he was trying to buy my love or something. And then I felt like the most ungrateful bitch. It also would bother me that I would put so much time and effort intohis presents and he just clicked on stuff I picked out. But he just wants to make sure I like everything because he wants me to be happy.
    Yeah...on one hand it does bother me because I feel like I need to limit what I put on my list because he'll go buy exactly that, but on the other hand, I just want him to hear me throughout the year. We were at Target a few weeks ago looking at baby stuff and I told him I'd love to have a new baby carrier and picked out the one I'd like to have. 

However, with my bitching I must say that at least he listens to my list. My exH was a terrible gift giver. He loved giving gifts, he was just really shitty at it. One year, I asked for very specific cake pans from Hobby Lobby and he got me a brownie pan from Walmart. One year he kept telling me, "You're gonna love that one (it was a big, heavy box). It's going to be your favorite present ever!" It was Twizzlers. Womp womp.