Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    6fsn said:
    Today's big accomplishments were registering kids for preschool, gymnastics, and science class. People are so dumb though.  The mom in front of me gets to the front of the line "I didn't know if you wanted separate checks for each kid or really which class I should put them in.  What do you think?"

1. there was only 1 person doing the registration.
    2. they SENT HOME FORMS and posted where to get forms on-line. WHY DID PEOPLE WAIT UNTIL THE FRONT OF THE LINE TO FILL THEM OUT.
    3. why are they still only taking checks?
    4. why are they waiting to not only decide on classes, but to fill out the CHECK?
    5. if you have questions CALL THE DAY BEFORE.

I was ~12 in line and waited 40 minutes.  I had everything filled out and in order and was registered in 2 minutes.  

This probably should have gone in the vents, but oh well.
    Costs.     Service charges are expensive for small businesses.   

The rest of the stuff would drive me batty.   I'm also the one who has everything filled out before I get to the counter.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Did we ever figure out the labor laws for employee bathroom availability (kidding)?  The one on my floor has been out since mid morning.  I have determined taking the elevator to another floor is cruel and unusual punishment.  They should have let us leave and had paid days off until this bathroom situation is resolved.

I just checked with the office manager.  It is not being resolved anytime soon. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh @short+sassy I feel your pain so much

• Options
    @short+sassy  - that sucks.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Did we ever figure out the labor laws for employee bathroom availability (kidding)?  The one on my floor has been out since mid morning.  I have determined taking the elevator to another floor is cruel and unusual punishment.  They should have let us leave and had paid days off until this bathroom situation is resolved.

I just checked with the office manager.  It is not being resolved anytime soon. 

I still remember calling off when I was very pregnant because the thought of taking the steps every time I had to pee was just more than I could handle.