Wedding Party

Where can I find different colored shoes?

Hi everyone! I joined this site specifically to ask you all this question lol we are planning on having a "rainbow" themed wedding. I'm having all the girls wear a silver/light grey, while wearing the same type of shoe, only different colors. I have attached a picture for you to get a visual since I'm probably not explaining it well enough lol the only problem thus far is that I am having a hard time finding the SAME shoe that offers all of the colors. Although I did find a site that would allow to me design each pair from the ground up, it's extremely costly. I'm playing with the idea of having the girls each pick out the style of shoe they want while staying true to the color theme. Before I tell them that that is the plan, I wanted to post on here to see if anyone could tell me if they have any clue where I could find these shoes. It would really help me so much! Thank you in advance

Answers

• Are these kind of shoes something your bridesmaids would wear? I would never wear these tall of shoes, now or when I was much younger. I think you would be better off asking them to find the color in whatever shoe they want to wear - you could specify closed toe or sandal -something like that. I yes, if you still go with a specific shoe, you need to pay for them.
  • Shoes are so personal. And what if one of them has wide or narrow feet and can't get the proper size in the style you choose? Why not do the rainbow thing with their flowers instead? No one will really see their feet that much anyway.
  • It's normal to ask BMs to buy a certain dress, but not shoes. Usually you'd just say "black/nude/silver" shoes and then they just wear what they have. If you want your BMs to wear specific shoes, you should pay for them.

DSW usually has several options that come in a bunch of colors. 

But I agree with artbyallie. I would just tell them "any black shoe" (easy/comfortable for them, costs nothing for you) and then do your rainbow thing in their flowers and maybe with a clip for their hair or something. 
    *********************************************************************************

• If you are specifying a particular shoe then you need to pay for them.  Also, I think you need to let the BM pick whatever style they are comfortable in.  This seems like more headache than it is worth, and unless the BMs are in short dresses and you make a point of it, you will hardly notice their shoes.  I had 4 BMs and I couldn't tell you at all what their shoes looked like.

I like the idea of the rainbow and I think you could incorporate it with the flowers for the BMs.  Are the GM going to be rainbow also?  Ties/pocket squares?

• Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your input. Just to be clear, the image above is just an example. I would never made my BM's wear those high shoes! No way lol cowgirl8238 the GM are going to be wearing ties that match the shoes
  • Oh and yes! I am having them wear short dresses so we can do this
  • Oh and yes! I am having them wear short dresses so we can do this
    My bridesmaids also wore knee-length dresses. Their shoes are still not visible in any of my pictures. People aren't going to be looking at their feet!
  • I feel like the eye isn't going to be geared towards shoes that often.   However, I'd be a much bigger fan of asking your BMs to find a dyeable shoe and then give them a color.   Asking them to be all in the same style could be an issue.   I know I was dictated the shoe to wear when I was a BM in BIL and SIL's wedding and I had to buy moleskin to get through the day because the cut of the shoe dug into my feet and it was going to give me a blister.   The rest of the WP asked me for moleskin swatches on the wedding day.

Point - if you're set on this, at least go with something that can be dyed to black and pick up the tab on the shoes and dying since this is something that you're dictating above and beyond just the dress. 
  • I had my wedding shoes dyed because I couldn't find the shade of purple I really wanted with a small heel. I had mostly good luck with this website:

http://www.dyeableshoestore.com/

Your bridesmaids could pick whatever shoe they wanted and you can order it for them in the dyed color you want. They have a huge variety of dyeable shoes in all price ranges. I ordered the shoe and had it shipped to me so I could try it on and make sure I liked it and then I sent it back to be dyed. I paid just under $100 for the shoes total. 

Also I say mostly good luck because the heel of my shoe broke off during my church ceremony. It could've been because I was fidgeting from excitement or the brand of shoe I picked was poor quality but again the website has a huge variety of brands. 
  • I have impossible to fit feet (12W) - please be kind to your BM and just give them the color and let them choose something that they feel comfortable wearing.  If their feet aren't comfortable the rest of them won't be either.  I much prefer the idea of individually colored bouquets than the shoes...
  • Hey guys! Gosh I am sure terrible about checking this. Just wanted to give you all an update! I took what some of you said into consideration and told the girls I would be purchasing their shoes for them and they were all okay with wearing heels. I found exactly what I wanted and here they are! (My shoes are in the background) I am still waiting on the orange pair because I ordered that bridesmaids shoe with a shorter heel since she is taller than everyone else. Thank you all so much for your input! 
  • Did the taller woman request a shorter heel? That is so weird.
  • @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
  • tragetee  Were they able to try them on?  I hope so because there's nothing worse than masking foot pain when smiling for photos.

I'd also like to point out that it seems like you came back to say "I didn't take any of your advice - tell me how cute these are!"  Yay, they're cute!  I just hope they fit!
    If they weren't able to try them on and there's no going back, PLEASE pick up some moleskin for your WP.

We had matching shoes as BMs when BIL and SIL got married.   I tried on the shoes ahead of time and felt that they scraped on my toes and knew that after nearly 10 hours in them, I'd hate my feet.   I picked up the moleskin and cut strips and put them on the sore places before the wedding.

Other BMs asked me for extra in the limo. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Cute shoes. I hope they are comfortable.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
    Daughter is 6'.  She wore flats at her wedding because her groom was several inches shorter, and he is a little sensitive.  Her bridesmaids were different shaped and sizes.
    When she performs solo (she sings) she wears ENORMOUS heels!  I don't know how she even walks in them!  They come off as soon as she is off stage.

I really don't get the colored shoe thing.  It seems like it is making being a bridesmaid more complicated than it needs to be.  JMHO.  They are bridesmaids, not a chorus line.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I hope the taller woman asked for a smaller heel, and you didn't just decide that for her. 

The shoes are cute, but man, I just hate the idea of picking out shoes that will go on someone else's feet. At least do your friends a solid and buy them some gel insoles. 
  • @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
    True, which is why I asked if that was something she requested. Since OP didn't specify I assume the worst.
  • justsie said:
    @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
    True, which is why I asked if that was something she requested. Since OP didn't specify I assume the worst.
    Might be just mis-type or didn't think to mention it? That's just what I'm thinking.

Yes. Me. I'm 5'11'' and I don't wear heels, I just don't. I don't like having to bend 90 degrees at the waist to talk to everybody. Some tall girls love heels, but I am one that would rather barf. I also have bad ankles, so they hurt.
    (And FI is an inch or so shorter than me. He says he loves the way I look in heels but that he feels like he's my child when he walks with me).
    I was in a wedding where the bride made me wear heels, even though I asked not to. So I'm hoping OP asked her BM's preference.
  • Wow, some of those are bright. Is each bridesmaid assigned a color, or did they choose their own colors? 
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse

Yes. Me. I'm 5'11'' and I don't wear heels, I just don't. I don't like having to bend 90 degrees at the waist to talk to everybody. Some tall girls love heels, but I am one that would rather barf. I also have bad ankles, so they hurt.
    (And FI is an inch or so shorter than me. He says he loves the way I look in heels but that he feels like he's my child when he walks with me).
    I was in a wedding where the bride made me wear heels, even though I asked not to. So I'm hoping OP asked her BM's preference.
    Is this a common thing with women who are tall? My friend who is 6ft has bad ankles also.
    {side note: my friend's bf is shorter than her and he loves her in heels! :P! And I told my ladies, as long as they're comfy they can wear ballet flats for the wedding}

Is this a common thing with women who are tall? My friend who is 6ft has bad ankles also.
    {side note: my friend's bf is shorter than her and he loves her in heels! :P! And I told my ladies, as long as they're comfy they can wear ballet flats for the wedding}
    I'm not sure if it's a tall thing or not. I rarely, if ever, meet a woman who is as tall as me XD But my ankles are bad from a volleyball injury in 7th grade that I probably should have received medical attention for, but instead walked it off. lol
  • Wow. You guys sure don't seem happy with this at all.
    My bridesmaid who I ordered a smaller heel for actually requested to wear flats, but after she realized everyone else was wearing heels she agreed to wear them if the heel was smaller.
    And I didn't come back on for "compliments." I came back on because I realized I hadn't given you guys an update which I thought you would want. I did take the advice and purchase the shoes... and I don't see how this is making it "complicated" to be a bridesmaid. All they have had to do is order their dress, which they got to pick out any one they wanted by the way.
    Sorry if you don't like the idea, and that you think it's stupid. I am immensely happy with how everything has turned out. I was going to come back and post pictures of the wedding party after the wedding but after checking this and realizing none of you actually care for it, I won't bother. Sorry guys! Didn't mean to be a burden and definitely wasn't fishing for compliments! 
  • @tragetee several people liked your idea and some didn't - that's life with opinions! It's great you took the advice to buy the shoes and that your girls could pick whichever dress they want to wear. I think  you focused too much on the discussion of heels that wasn't necessarily aimed at you. I would never wear shoes like that, but if your girls are good with it that's great. I'd love to see a picture of your wedding party.
  • @tragetee exactly, the hell conversation was not directed at you. You know your bridesmaids, I don't, so you know what they are comfortable with, and it seems like you let her make her own decision which is fantastic. I think your idea is cute and it was very nice of you to purchase their shoes. I think it'll look great!