Wedding Woes
Options

Y'all, watching.

Re: Y'all, watching.

• Options
    Not watching.

I am preparing for my march in NYC tomorrow.  
  • Options

One of my office mates just yelled out "WOOHOOOOOOO Obama says goodbye!!!!!" Most of the people in my office have been very vocally pro-Trump.

I'm just keeping my mouth shut.

• Options
    Kelly Anne Conway looks like a fucking circus clown in that outfit.

KellyAnne Conway donald Trump Inauguration coat
  • Options
    everyone talking about what's in the Tiffany's box makes me feel like they need to watch "Seven" because they're being too much like Brad Pitt ...

And we all know how that turned out

• Options
    I watched until the prayers, then I had to go.  But I did just see this news (click on the link), my heart is heavy.  What happened to Monday being his first day in office?

whitehouse.gov/lgbt 

And she looks as ridiculous as she sounds on TV.
  • Options
    I watched until the prayers, then I had to go.  But I did just see this news (click on the link), my heart is heavy.  What happened to Monday being his first day in office?

whitehouse.gov/lgbt 

The page is gone.
  • Options
    I just watched the second episode of "The Young Pope" and the parallels are kind of terrifying. 
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

whitehouse.gov/lgbt 

The page is gone.
    That's the point. 

So is the Civil Rights Page, the Climate Change page, and the Violence Against Women page. Welcome to Trump's America. 
    Do a search for muslim and then for christian.   He's quickly making sure we know who he stands for.
  • Options
    I have a vent about all of the "it's day 1, you don't know what he's going to do" people. 

It is 2017. He campaigned formally for 2 years. He had a website and provided countless interviews about what he plans to do. His cabinet appointees have been meeting in the Senate and had public hearings for 2 weeks now. There is no reason in today's day and age to go into Inauguration Day and act like the previous years weren't spent defining a legislative priority list and laying out clear value statements.

If you really don't have any idea what he's going to do or how he feels about an issue you are willfully ignorant. 
    So this is actually my H (sometimes). He has said "he's unpredictable, we don't know if he's actually going to follow through". True, but he's given us a pretty good indication by the budgets that are floating around, by what he's prioritizing in speeches, his cabinet picks, his website to have a good idea of what he's planning to do. And on day 1 he took steps to repeal the ACA, removed civil rights, climate change, LGBT, and VAWA initiatives from the White House website with no replacements (but other programs are up); so yah I think we have a good idea. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 the person I was speaking to has a diabetic daughter who is insulin and CHIP dependent. She wants to wait and see what they'll do with healthcare "because it's only day1."

For him officially maybe, but his Health and Human Services Secretary testified in a Senate Hearing last week that he wants to cut 1.5 trillion dollars from Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP and you want to wait and see if it actually happens instead of writing and calling your Senators to say no way?!  I told her I'd reach out on her behalf.
  • Options
    Why does he always walk away from her? He leaves her and doesn't do the hand on her back to let her pass first. What's up with that? They seem so disconnected.
    Yah, I don't know how much love is left in that marriage tbh. They did seem a little closer during her concession speech. But yah, I agree. 
    Right? They look so stilted and awkward together.
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    My daughter was in the DC crowd today!  I am so proud.  There were too many protesters for women's rights for the people to actually march.  She passed by Rush Limbaugh, and gave him a piece of her mind.
    Sweet!!!!
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 the person I was speaking to has a diabetic daughter who is insulin and CHIP dependent. She wants to wait and see what they'll do with healthcare "because it's only day1."

For him officially maybe, but his Health and Human Services Secretary testified in a Senate Hearing last week that he wants to cut 1.5 trillion dollars from Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP and you want to wait and see if it actually happens instead of writing and calling your Senators to say no way?!  I told her I'd reach out on her behalf.

Because cutting health care for children is always awesome (sarcasm).

One of my state representatives (for the state, not Congress) said Trump also plans to cut funding for programs designed to help victims of domestic violence.  What else would we expect from a man who proudly BOASTED of sexually harassing women.

On the NOLA Women's March, a Jazz Funeral was held for Liberty.  I appreciated the touch of local flare.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

One of my state representatives (for the state, not Congress) said Trump also plans to cut funding for programs designed to help victims of domestic violence.  What else would we expect from a man who proudly BOASTED of sexually harassing women.

On the NOLA Women's March, a Jazz Funeral was held for Liberty.  I appreciated the touch of local flare.

Yup, rumor has it he is signing an EO to end the funding for the 25 VAMA grants.  Today he signed an EO to stop funding on any international organization that promotes abortion - promote being defined basically as acknowledging it exists or offering a referral or the service itself.
  • Options
    Screw the Global Gag Rule. That shit is so dangerous, but also seriously, you want to restrict what Doctors can tell their patients IN OTHER COUNTRIES?! 
  • Options
    Screw the Global Gag Rule. That shit is so dangerous, but also seriously, you want to restrict what Doctors can tell their patients IN OTHER COUNTRIES?! 
    Because, 'murica.

• Options
    Because, 'murica.

The Trump Administration: America First; as the in first ones to tell you what to do with your women. 
  • Options

Yup, rumor has it he is signing an EO to end the funding for the 25 VAMA grants.  Today he signed an EO to stop funding on any international organization that promotes abortion - promote being defined basically as acknowledging it exists or offering a referral or the service itself.

Hmmm...wasn't a lot of the Republican rant and outrage, including Trump himself, over President Obama? All the EOs he signed?

Which, to be fair, I can begrudgingly get behind.  Because we don't want any POTUS to turn into a dictator through the overuse of EOs.

Gee, when the shoe is on the other foot, President Dictator Trump seems to be flying awfully hard and fast with them.

But what do I know?  I have zero political experience.  Whereas Trump has had THREE WHOLE DAYS of political experience.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Obama had one of the lower levels of executive orders.  he wasn't the lowest, but he ranks pretty down there.  They weren't outraged that he was signing them, they were outraged b/c he as getting shit done around an obstructionist Congress.

My issue with these now is just that he's signing things that the Republicans want and they also want to circumvent nasty fights and the press.  I think we're going to see Trump signing a lot of them, b/c the Republicans know they've pissed a lot of people off and they don't want to hear it.  Until this tool is useless and they can go ahead and impeach Trump and give us Pence.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Obama had one of the lower levels of executive orders.  he wasn't the lowest, but he ranks pretty down there.  They weren't outraged that he was signing them, they were outraged b/c he as getting shit done around an obstructionist Congress.

My issue with these now is just that he's signing things that the Republicans want and they also want to circumvent nasty fights and the press.  I think we're going to see Trump signing a lot of them, b/c the Republicans know they've pissed a lot of people off and they don't want to hear it.  Until this tool is useless and they can go ahead and impeach Trump and give us Pence.
    Then may the Lord help us! He scares me because he does have political knowledge and experience - not that I want Trump there either.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

Then may the Lord help us! He scares me because he does have political knowledge and experience - not that I want Trump there either.
    My hope is that there are so many issues and it's such a shitshow, that a bunch of time is spent 'battling' the 'critics (reasonable people)' and then the impeachment happens AND then it's time to start campaigning for the second term (either Trump OR Pence) that there's no time to get too many things done.  I know it's probably a pipe dream, but it *could* happen.  
  • Options
    Does anyone follow Robert Reich? Allegedly he  had lunch with an ex GOP Congressman who hates Trump but felt gen couldn't speak out.

He says according to this guy, the GOP plan is to pass as much as they can while they have a President who won't oppose anything and just wait for his crazy moment to impeach him for Pence. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I read that too @kimmiinthemitten.  Which actually pisses me off more than anything, b/c it makes it obvious that the party has no interest in actual governance, but in authoritarianism.