Wedding Woes
Options

Week 2 of Trump

1235»

Re: Week 2 of Trump

• Options
    The former Norwegian PM was held at Dulles and questioned over a 2014 trip to Iran.   He was coming here for the National Prayer Breakfast.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/03/former-norway-pm-bondevik-held-washington-dulles-airport-2014-visit-iran?CMP=fb_us

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    The former Norwegian PM was held at Dulles and questioned over a 2014 trip to Iran.   He was coming here for the National Prayer Breakfast.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/03/former-norway-pm-bondevik-held-washington-dulles-airport-2014-visit-iran?CMP=fb_us

Wow.  Just wow.  And he had a DIPLOMATIC passport.

Before I even read the article, I was thinking I would have said something like, "WAIT!!  WAIT!!  I'm the former PM of Norway.  Here, I'm googling myself.  Right here.  On Wikipedia.  Look.  It's me, previously a PM of Norway."

After reading the article, yeah, that was pretty much what he told them.  He expressed an understanding they are concerned about terrorism, but also told them he was a former PM of Norway.  Hence the diplomatic passport.

It's bad enough Trump is pissing off Mexico and Middle Eastern countries and their citizens.

But now he's hanging up the phone on Australia's PM.  And his policy detained a dignitary of Norway.

Will we have an allies left after his reign of terror?

Trevor Noah was joking about that last night.  He said something like, "Think of the top two countries you expected animosity with under Trump's Administration.  Yeah, Mexico and Iran.  Good guesses."

"Now think of your third country"..."(with no guesses said) nope, not that one...no! not that one either."

"Go way down on your list.  Way down."..."Yeah, Australia."

@sparklepants41, is that the fourth time this week you are throwing that desk, lol?  I absolutely love that little cartoon...I just wish circumstances did not require it to be used so often.

Haha yup! That poor table is going to be smashed to smithereens by the end of the first month lol. 
  • Options
    We've been having way too much fun with this at work today (Side Note: I work at Bowling Green State University. Please don't stalk me.)

https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I am DOUBLED OVER laughing at this lab equipment!!!
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 That was my guess and I was right!! You guys also have a science machine that doubles as the KKK, so no wonder there was a massacre!

I watched the West Wing last night and that made me feel better.  I wish Jed Bartlett was real.

H had a student the first year we dated that was raped by her stepfather.  Thankfully, she didn't get pregnant, but that stuff really does happen.  The amount of stuff that goes on in his district is shocking - especially since it's a small district!  I can't imagine how much teachers know about in large districts.

And let's not forget the states where the rapists can sue for custody if their victim becomes pregnant.  I mean, why do we even bother going to school and getting jobs when clearly our own purpose is to be a walking talking sex object turned incubator?

Oh lords that was hilarious, and terrifying. I had students asking if we have a KKK on campus. <face palm>. At least our students were outraged at the fake KKK? I guess that's a win?
  • Options
    ens by the end of the first month lol. 
    quarter in the swear jar for each time...you'll have a sizable donation to something.  or to buy wine, because we NEED wine