Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

Heeyyyyy!

It's chilly willy out there today, but this cold snap will last .05 seconds.  

Kohl's has some cute sweatshirts and tunics (with the thumbholes in the sleeves) on clearance from their tek gear line...which is probably some of my favorite 'athleisure' (ugh, that term) stuff.  :D  I also found a perfect transitional (winter to spring) cardigan yesterday.   I also bought some crazy patterned leggings, but they're for working out and bedtime, only. 

I ordered Blue Apron for the next 2 weeks and last night we made the first one.  Every single one we've ever had has been amazing and last night was no exception. I'll definitely be getting stuff to make it again. 

Who's snowed in today?

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    How does blue apron compare to your normal
    cost of groceries @mrsconn23 ?

I got two hours of sleep last night. I had a coffee yesterday at 2 so I could stay awake during class and apparently that was a huge mistake. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but who knows. 

Im applying to more jobs today and finishing up general life tasks. I'm annoyed because yesterday I got a call from a phone number from one of the cities I applied in. I was hoping it was a call back for an interview but instead it was White House Black Market calling to tell me they sent me a reward in the mail. Way to get my hopes up WHBM. 

• Options
    I love tek gear too.  What's the sweater?  I need some new cardigans.

It's snowing here and the cats are going nuts.  The keep trying to catch the snow and falling out of the window ledges. 

My new router is STRONG.  We could never get enough signal to stream in our bedroom, but now we can. 

I've got a bunch of women coming over any minute for coffee. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    levioosa said:
    How does blue apron compare to your normal
    cost of groceries @mrsconn23 ?

Oh it's way more expensive.  I compare it to eating it out more than groceries.  It's $69 for 2 meals and we'll spend more than that on one meal out for all 4 of us at a decent restaurant (with a couple beers and a tip). 

They sent me a $30 off coupon to 'come back'.  Blue Apron is definitely a 'treat' for me (because I love cooking) and us (because my entire family loves it). I'll order it 2-4 times a year. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 Those tunics sound super cute!

@levioosa grrr at WHBM!!

H and I are working from home today - we are supposed to get 15-18" in this blizzard! And it's rumored to be the wet heavy stuff. Yuck. It's currently snowing, but not yet sticking so I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be one of those storms that gets way overhyped and then all we end up with is a dusting. 

We are prepared though. I got chicken fried rice from Whole Foods last night that I can heat up on the stovetop if we lose power (it's pre-made and frozen but I'm excited about it). And for safety's sake, I got Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies and some honey maple Stroopwafels. 
  • Options

Good to know about Blue Apron @mrsconn23. I have a friend who has some free ones she told me she'd pass on to me. I think I'll give it a shot just to shake up what we have for dinner.

If your friend is out of free meals, let me know.  I have two to give away.  If anyone else is interested, let me know.  Most of my friends/family have used it, and it's for new accounts only.  ;) 
  • Options
    Not me!  We had a cold snap, though, and it's only supposed to be 50 today.  Booooo.  In the 70's over the weekend, though.  Yay!  My neighbor and I were talking at the bus stop, though, and her husband is driving back from NY today.  He got on the road at 5:00 and they're hoping he'll miss the worst of it.

Mr. Heff and I are coming down with the same cold the kids have been fighting.  Just in time for date night, sigh.  So neither of us slept well. 

So glad the weekend is almost here. :) 
  • Options
    I have that tunic in grey too!!  I love it. I tried the crossover one but they only had grey in the store and I'm trying to get any other color. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I have that tunic in grey too!!  I love it. I tried the crossover one but they only had grey in the store and I'm trying to get any other color. 
    They had a ton of colors at my Kohls.  I first found white and was all, "HELL no!" because yeah...me and white do not go together.  :) 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 OMG I LOVE THOSE TUNICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    @mrsconn23 OMG I LOVE THOSE TUNICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They'd be comfy preggo wear.  You could even wear the long one even after you get a belly because it's really long.  It almost comes to my knees (I'm 5'4").

Also, re: preggo wear...Old navy foldover yoga pants were my uniform while at home when I was pregnant.  They were the regular ones too...not maternity.  And then I wore them in the hospital and all of maternity leave.  I think I threw the ones from pregnancy away in the last year and a half.   ON uses really thick material for their yoga pants, so they hold up really well. 
  • Options
    Stayed up later than expected, but that's fine. One of my friends is doing job training near M's work, and she stays at her parent's place during the week - which is pretty close to our place - M offered to drive her home. I figured since I haven't seen her in a couple weeks, why not stay for dinner?

So we hung out, chatted, boy-bashed {lmao! nothing we wouldn't say in front of either guy - actually M was there for a good chunk of it} and she didn't head out until 10 {i go to bed early during the week}

Of course I'm feeling it this morning. I set up the keurig to start a coffee, but failed to put my cup under. Coffee all over the counter *sigh* Apparently this morning I needed a coffee, to make a coffee lol

I'm alone at the office today, so I've got basically my desk and mail to sort out. I'm gonna do some of our back room - which is boxing old files and arranging the new ones. Likely I won't finish that this week, but I want to get a good chunk done.

Tonight I've gotta pick up a prescription and ask questions about taking a bus tour in August with M and my mum. The agency that does that is in the mall near us. I'm also going to start sorting through my clothes .... so we'll see on that.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    They'd be comfy preggo wear.  You could even wear the long one even after you get a belly because it's really long.  It almost comes to my knees (I'm 5'4").
    I was actually just thinking that! I'm 5'9" so I always need longer things, but this tunic looks especially long. I figure if I go up a size, that will also buy me some extra belly room.

I just told H I wanted to run over to Kohl's. He just laughed at me and said shopping for maternity clothes is not an emergency and I didn't need to go out in the blizzard (the snow is really coming down now). He didn't even like my "well no one will be on the roads and it will be a super quick trip" justification. Rats.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Also, re: preggo wear...Old navy foldover yoga pants were my uniform while at home when I was pregnant.  They were the regular ones too...not maternity.  And then I wore them in the hospital and all of maternity leave.  I think I threw the ones from pregnancy away in the last year and a half.   ON uses really thick material for their yoga pants, so they hold up really well. 
    I've heard amazing things about O.N maternity wear!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I was actually just thinking that! I'm 5'9" so I always need longer things, but this tunic looks especially long. I figure if I go up a size, that will also buy me some extra belly room.

I just told H I wanted to run over to Kohl's. He just laughed at me and said shopping for maternity clothes is not an emergency and I didn't need to go out in the blizzard (the snow is really coming down now). He didn't even like my "well no one will be on the roads and it will be a super quick trip" justification. Rats.
    LOL!  They are on super duper clearance.  I don't blame you.  I think the crossover was $10 and the tunic was $12-14.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Not pregnant but I have a pair of ON foldover yoga leggings that I live in. They are super comfy, thick, and have held up incredibly well with the insane amount of times they've been washed in the two years I've owned them. I need to stock up them because they are really that great. Better than other leggings I've owned, especially for the price point.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

LOL!  They are on super duper clearance.  I don't blame you.  I think the crossover was $10 and the tunic was $12-14.  
    They are really cute- might have to stop at Kohl's today.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I had a ton of Old Navy stuff.  It was my fave. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I went to ON on Sunday and had to give the manager a talking to. The maternity section at the one near my house is tiny and in the Toddler Boys department (not the issue), but there is literally no circulation space around the racks which means at 12 weeks and without much of a baby bump yet, I still had issues navigating. AND the leggings and tank tops were all on the lowest rack - about 6" off the floor. What the hell kind of maternity department makes it nearly impossible for pregnant women to shop?!

I was polite about it, but sheesh. WTF Old Navy.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

I love the purple one, there's a blue that's really pretty, and grey is my favorite color, so I am definitely getting that one too if they have it in a medium.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I went to ON on Sunday and had to give the manager a talking to. The maternity section at the one near my house is tiny and in the Toddler Boys department (not the issue), but there is literally no circulation space around the racks which means at 12 weeks and without much of a baby bump yet, I still had issues navigating. AND the leggings and tank tops were all on the lowest rack - about 6" off the floor. What the hell kind of maternity department makes it nearly impossible for pregnant women to shop?!

I was polite about it, but sheesh. WTF Old Navy.
    I thought some racks at the one I visit were close but not even close to that. Wtf!
  • Options
    Side note, I wonder how @DrillSergeantCat  is doing with new little one :)
    Yes!!!!!! I've been wondering this too!!!
  • Options
    It's cold and windy today; driveway and parking lots were super icy, but I braved the elements anyway. 

So, I'm in a fitness rut. I'm part of a running group, but I just can't get motivated in this weather. And I hate my gym. I miss CrossFit but I don't think my knee is up for it yet. What does everyone do to stay in shape? I've put on more weight than I'd like to admit this winter and need to do something about it. 
  • Options
    I woke up with a ginormous headache, and I can't even blame too much wine because I haven't been drinking. 

I've already downed two cups of coffee and an advil, so hopefully it goes away soon. It's going to be a long day if this headache won't go away. 

We just booked our stay at Caesar's in Atlantic City, thanks for the tip Barbie! I'm super excited to eat at Gordon Ramsay's. I think that might be what I'm most excited about! We also managed to get a suite since we're staying there on a Thursday. The room is like $1100 on weekends, we got it for less than $200. I feel like such a successful bargain hunter!

Today is also my Friday, so I'm looking forward to lounging on the couch tomorrow and marathoning Bones. I'm currently obsessed with that show, it might be my all time fave!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Morning all!

Love those tunics @mrsconn23. There's a Kohl's less than a mile from my office.... I may need to hit that up on my lunch :)

My back hurts today. Our mattress sucks. Occasionally, I wake up really stiff from it. It seems like any time I sleep really well I wake up stiff and sore. Took some ibu, but so far it isn't helping. It's gonna be a looong day.

Boss is back today. He says he's not contagious anymore but I'm not buying it. This is what happens when you lie all the time. People stop believing a single word you say, even if you are telling the truth. All I know is if I catch the flu from him I'm gonna be PISSED. Tennessee, along with many other states, is in a state of epidemic because of people like him.

Tonight I am finally getting my hair done. I can't wait for that. My split ends are out of control.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

I love the purple one, there's a blue that's really pretty, and grey is my favorite color, so I am definitely getting that one too if they have it in a medium.
    Purple is available online - in Medium :smile:
  • Options
    total FWP but really hoping our neighbour uses the snowblower on the driveways today ....
  • Options
    @thefanciestbeckler I hate people like that. I had a coworker who would come in all the freaking time with strep. I could maybe give her a pass on coming in with a cold, because she had her own office secluded from people, but strep? And then to top it off she would only ever take half of her antibiotics. You're the freaking reason we're having an antibiotic crisis!