Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

2»

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    I don't have time for your cute clothes detours today @mrsconn23.  LOL Those are so cute!  

Tomorrow is NY and BFF's mom has her freaked out everything is going to be cancelled because of the blizzard.  I have faith that the airport of a major city can be back up and running 12-18 hours after the snow stops.  American Airlines only has flights cancelled through 5pm even.  But in all fairness, she's that type of mom.  If we make plans to bar hop on a Friday she suggests we stay in and watch a movie.  Then we laugh at her and all is well.

Hubs asked if he could have a mulligan on Valentines Day for my birthday and asked for a pic of the Kate Spade bag I liked.  Okay!  Normally, I'd never let him buy me a bag like that, but it's at Nordstrom Rack so it's 1/4 of the regular cost and about the same price as what he spent on my framed Detroit skyline picture last year:).

@charlotte989875 Have you tried kickboxing?  A good gym trainer will be able to give you alternate exercises that are safe for your knee while keeping you in an intense workout.  I went from a 12 to a 8 in like 5 months.

I was wondering about DSC and @shessocold lately.  It's like she went MIA after a bad Bears season:(.

Speaking of good yoga pants - Target's Champion brand is pretty good too!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I was wondering about @ShesSoCold as well and then remembered that she started a new job around the 1st of year, right? She probably either doesn't want to start Knotting at work so soon or TK might blocked.
  • Options

@mrsconn23, love the long tunic.  Or, in my case, a sweatshirt-like dress.  There aren't any Kohls around me, so hopefully they are online.

Everyone else is tempting me with descriptions of ON comfy yoga pants.

@kimmiinthemitten, have fun in NYC this weekend!

I put my rental ad up for the 2-bed unit at our new duplex, yesterday afternoon.  I have my e-mail address and my H's phone number in the ad.  Usually I get a ton of e-mails,  I've only had 6.  And I replied to each one within an hour to set up a showing and none of them replied back :(.  On the brighter side, my H has gotten a lot of calls and already has showings set up for today and tomorrow.

Praying that the fates will finally shine on me and make this process fast and easy.  It's surprisingly random.  Sometimes we'll find the right tenant within our first few showings.  But we've had other times where we've done dozens of showings, over 3-4 weeks, with nothing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I've been doing the 21 Day Fix. It's a Beachbody program. The workouts are 30 min long, but they're really good. Every day works something different. It comes with an eating plan that I'm not really following. Lol. I'm just eating really clean. I've seen a lot of results in the time I've been doing it.

• Options
    @mrsconn23 - I am glad you like Blue Apron!  I found the meals too hard to prep on a random weeknight.  Like, why are you making me mince or crush garlic?  Send pre-minced garlic please!!  I get that doing that right before the meal makes it taste better, but I feel like they should have a lazy option where they have already done the onerous prep work (especially at that price point).  My other issue with BA is that you can't switch out meals (at least you couldn't when I had it).  So, I love fish but I hate trout.  When the week comes with trout, I am stuck with it.  Sigh.

@charlotte989875 - I joined a barre studio in December.  They offer Barre, HIIT (high intensity interval training), Circuits, Cardio Boxing, Yoga, and Pilates so each day I go to a different class.  It is a bit pricey but it has kept my interest for almost two months (I still go 5-6 days a week), which is a big deal.

The all you can eat pizza/beer fundraiser was awesome last night.  Maybe if I didn't go to those types of things, I would actually see a difference in my waistline.  

I had to go fix a speeding ticket for FI this morning.  I asked an older attorney a question because I don't ever handle traffic tickets unless it's for a friend (not my field), and he assumed I was some random person asking for free legal advice.  Oh well.  

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @thefanciestbeckler I hate people like that. I had a coworker who would come in all the freaking time with strep. I could maybe give her a pass on coming in with a cold, because she had her own office secluded from people, but strep? And then to top it off she would only ever take half of her antibiotics. You're the freaking reason we're having an antibiotic crisis! 
    Agreed. There was a guy in my office a couple weeks ago complaining about how lousy he was feeling since he had pneumonia but he had a lot of stuff to do so he felt like he had to come in. 

He looked like crap and sounded miserable - it's a miracle no one else got sick from him. But honestly. WORK FROM HOME. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I've been doing the 21 Day Fix. It's a Beachbody program. The workouts are 30 min long, but they're really good. Every day works something different. It comes with an eating plan that I'm not really following. Lol. I'm just eating really clean. I've seen a lot of results in the time I've been doing it.
    I've been thinking about Beachbody! Do you do a bootcamp with a coach and shakeology? I'm not super into shakes or anything, but that 21 day fix sounds reasonable, and I like the on demand workouts. Do you feel like it worth the money?
  • Options
    I've been thinking about Beachbody! Do you do a bootcamp with a coach and shakeology? I'm not super into shakes or anything, but that 21 day fix sounds reasonable, and I like the on demand workouts. Do you feel like it worth the money?

I personally don't do the bootcamp, coach, or shakeology. I tried the shakes and personally didn't like them, but I know plenty of people who do like them. When I signed up I did only the 21 Day Fix DVD's and they automatically came with the eating plan containers. I didn't choose to get Beachbody on Demand, but I know people who have it and love it. I'm going to sign up for that when I get tired of these DVD's or feel like I need something different. I think it's definitely worth the money.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    Two 'ugh's':

1) I work in customer service.  I primarily respond to e-mails. Part of my job is sending follow-up communication on behalf of other departments in customer service.  There are some people who should be required to run their request by a supervisor before send it to us, because it's not my job to do their research...but they think it is.  I have one right now and I want to write back, "AYFKM?!"  But no, I have to bring it to my supervisor and he's going to tell me that he'll address, but I still need to do xyz.  ::le sigh:: At least I can set it aside today because my supervisor is in training/meetings. 

2) I got my Sephora order today and one of my eyeshadows is busted.  I can see through the lid that it's completely broken.  And the closest Sephora is in the grossest JCP around here.  It's that one or I wait until I have time to go to a nicer Sephora. 
  • Options

I personally don't do the bootcamp, coach, or shakeology. I tried the shakes and personally didn't like them, but I know plenty of people who do like them. When I signed up I did only the 21 Day Fix DVD's and they automatically came with the eating plan containers. I didn't choose to get Beachbody on Demand, but I know people who have it and love it. I'm going to sign up for that when I get tired of these DVD's or feel like I need something different. I think it's definitely worth the money.
    So, did you just go through the website? I'm so confused on how this works 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Two 'ugh's':

1) I work in customer service.  I primarily respond to e-mails. Part of my job is sending follow-up communication on behalf of other departments in customer service.  There are some people who should be required to run their request by a supervisor before send it to us, because it's not my job to do their research...but they think it is.  I have one right now and I want to write back, "AYFKM?!"  But no, I have to bring it to my supervisor and he's going to tell me that he'll address, but I still need to do xyz.  ::le sigh:: At least I can set it aside today because my supervisor is in training/meetings. 

2) I got my Sephora order today and one of my eyeshadows is busted.  I can see through the lid that it's completely broken.  And the closest Sephora is in the grossest JCP around here.  It's that one or I wait until I have time to go to a nicer Sephora. 
    @mrsconn this has happened to me more than once with ordering from Sephora. I'm 99.9% sure the Sephoras in JCP won't take back online orders. I tried it once.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Two 'ugh's':

@mrsconn this has happened to me more than once with ordering from Sephora. I'm 99.9% sure the Sephoras in JCP won't take back online orders. I tried it once.
    This happened to me as well about three weeks ago - it was the Sephora brand eyeshadow. I was super pissed. 
  • Options

So, did you just go through the website? I'm so confused on how this works 
    There's 2 different ways you can do it. You can order DVD's on the Beachbody website and opt to subscribe to the On Demand, or you can go to the Beachbody website and just subscribe to Beachbody on Demand. I ordered the DVD's after I saw an infomercial a couple of years ago, but I didn't do the on demand subscription because I had no idea what I was doing. Lol. On Demand gives you access to all the workouts. It's a better deal to just do that and skip ordering DVD's IMO. I hope that makes sense. My thoughts are all over the place today.

• Options
    Our snow storm was a bust.  They upped our totals around 5 PM yesterday to 6-10, we ended up with 2.  We got much more rain from the system that they predicted, but Central Jersey on up got nailed with snow.  I still wrote work to say I'm WFH today.  The roads weren't even bad.  I slept so bad last night, I just couldn't get out of bed this morning.

I was wide away at 2, so I decided to take H's advice and go downstairs to watch some TV to try and get me to sleep in the recliner.  It worked for him, when he was having problems sleeping with his head cold last week.  Well, I was up the entire time and Food network stopped airing original programming. So I checked the news out at 5 to see that the storm wasn't even going to hit us very much.  I went back up to bed and H woke up.  He let me cuddle with him and he said I was snoring in less than a minute, even though I felt wide awake.  So I guess I've just not been getting quality sleep with this head cold.  

I think I'm going to go up and take a nap now. Benefit of WFH!

Tonight H has a physical at the doctor's office so he can finally get the TDAP shot before baby gets here.  He is off today from the (lack of) snow, and is now working on the final bathroom tiles.  That means we might get to grout this weekend instead of finishing the tiles!  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Two 'ugh's':

This happened to me as well about three weeks ago - it was the Sephora brand eyeshadow. I was super pissed. 
    SAME!  It was Sephora brand as well.  

I guess I'll be calling customer service.  I need to anyway because they gave DH a new Beauty Insider card when he bought me cologne for Christmas and I need to get the points transferred to my existing account. 
  • Options
    I bribed Max with a chocolate chip granola bar so I could go to Kohls.  I found one lonely black tshirt and tried on some horrible swimsuits.  Should've eaten the granola bar myself.

DH had an emergency meeting called for 3.  It's about the buyout and the late time means he's going to hit rush hour AND the highway home is closed so he has to detour.  He's going to be late and cranky tonight.
  • Options
    SO had friends over last night and one of them left the freezer door slightly open, which I just discovered.  It looks like there was a mini blizzard. Ugh.  It seems like everything is still frozen though.  Our fridge was just working overtime.  I knew something seemed extra noisy last night.  I literally just cleaned the fridge, too.  

• Options
    Welp. So. I had logged on to WFH before 8 this morning and I have been waiting for stuff from our Legal and Safety departments since 11am. Our office closed at Noon, but I had a bunch of stuff to finish up and felt odd shutting it down at Noon when I'm home and don't have to commute in the blizzard. I'm going to log off at 4:30 and then watch Beat Bobby Flay.

We have 12" so far and it's still coming down like crazy. We have barely been able to see our neighbors' houses all afternoon.
  • Options
    Hey y'all! I didn't forget about you, just been resting. Norah and I are doing great! She had her 2 week checkup yesterday and is gaining weight like a champ. She looks tiny, but is in the 95th percentile for height and head circumference and 75th for weight. Mouse is having a few issues adjusting to having to share mom, but he loves sister. We're working on teaching him to be gentle because he wants to slap her, pull her hair, and lay on top of her. 

I've been enjoying my time at home and today have been working on taxes.
    Yay! Can't wait to see more pictures!
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat yay!1! So happy to hear from you! And I'm thrilled you and Norah are doing well!!!
  • Options
    We missed you, @DrillSergeantCat!  So glad to hear that you and Norah are doing well.  Mouse and Norah must be SO cute together.  Poor Mouse, he just doesn't know his own strength!  But I'm sure he'll learn to be more gentle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey y'all! I didn't forget about you, just been resting. Norah and I are doing great! She had her 2 week checkup yesterday and is gaining weight like a champ. She looks tiny, but is in the 95th percentile for height and head circumference and 75th for weight. Mouse is having a few issues adjusting to having to share mom, but he loves sister. We're working on teaching him to be gentle because he wants to slap her, pull her hair, and lay on top of her. 

I've been enjoying my time at home and today have been working on taxes.
    Glad to hear she is doing so well and that Mouse loves his baby sister! Looking forward to more pictures when you have time!