Wedding Woes
Options

Monday?

Hello-o-o? 

Anyone home?

How was the weekend?  Ours was all right.  I slept like garbage last night.  Other than that just same old, same old. 

Re: Monday?

• Options
    @Heffalump that sucks about the crowd. Who wants wine after their massage? Unless of course you're going to be there for hours. There's a popular spa around here that gets crazy crowded too. I won't go on weekends because it feels pointless. 

This weekend was pretty good. We went out with SO's sister and bf on Saturday and it was fun. We did dinner and then a bar and tried to play pool. I say tried because I was terrible that night and contributed nothing to the team. 

Sunday i went to the gym and we tried a dive dinner next to our house. It was okay. SO spent most of the day doing housework. We have a forest of weeds in our back yard right now. A forest. 

Today a plumber is supposed to come over. That easy fix my dad came over to help me with was actually a big problem. Of course. My dad was going to come over on Sunday to fix it, but he told us we should try to use the one year warranty that came with the house first so we can save some money. So since Friday we've had the water off, and we have to manually turn it back on to flush the toilets and shower and such. It's been a little inconvenient. 

• Options
    I slept like garbage, too.  I couldn't get comfortable at all, very restless, had dreams about being at work and not doing my job well, and DH snored all night because of sinus congestion.  He doesn't get sick often, but he's been sick a lot since November.  So I'm pretty tired today.

The weather was so beautiful, I forgot it's only early February.  We had all the windows open, the heat off... I sat on the porch and finished two books and started a third.  DH binged watched shows I have no interest in and/or am too far behind on while I had my nose in a book.

Currently, I feel like I hit a wall, both at work and at home.  There are things I know I should be doing, things I have to do, and things I want to do if there's time, and at the moment, I want to do exactly none of it.  I just feel... Blah.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Busy weekend all around for everyone or so it seems!

Friday was just chill. I went through my drawer and tossed a bunch of stuff into donation pile. Same with some closet stuff. They were definitely the type of stuff that I thought "Yes I still like these shirts, but let's be real. I haven't worn them in awhile."
    Next up is M's drawers.

Saturday was cleaning and picking up stuff around the house since we were having people over for poker. I didn't play.
    People started coming about 6:30 and by about 7pm things were started.

Two of my friends ended up coming "fashionably late" - which tbh irked me to no end. I couldn't hold my snark when I asked what they were up to before hand {since they hang out and I'm typically not invited} They confirmed that one had just picked up the other. Part of me thinks they're lying but whatever.

People didn't clear out until 2am. M and I tidied up the living room/kitchen to some semblance before completely crashing.

Sunday was pretty lazy. I had sudden waves of nausea, so wrote down everything I had to see if it could be something I ate. Only thing that calmed my stomach ended up being a bagel with pb.

This week the plan is to arrange stuff in the basement, bring a shelf down from the garage and to tidy up the closet.
  • Options
    Also I realized why I kept staring at @OliveOilsMom  sig for so long with familiarity .... Somebody watches "Impractical Jokers" ;)
  • Options
    Saturday morning I made my family clean- dust, vacuum, closets, drawers.  We purged A TON and organized a ton.  Saturday afternoon was hair cuts, a glorious day to play outside, and a long walk for me.

Sunday morning was church, lunch, then ice skating.  Max made it once around the rink.  6let and M2 could barely stand at first, but by the end they were flying (relatively speaking).  M2 looked like a baby giraffe, but she did so well.

Today is laundry, work, grocery, psr, gymnastics, crap.  I don't want to do any of it.
  • Options
    @6fsn  cutie though :)
  • Options

@levioosa Plumbing problems are the worst! I'm so sorry.

@Heffalump I'm cracking up over y'all catching the babysitter making a sandwich. I would have been that babysitter when I was younger. All flustered and embarrassed. So funny.

Morning all!

I weighed this morning, and I am now 7 lbs down! It feels awesome! I was also able to up my weights a little bit last week. Woohoo!

The weekend was good. I stayed in Friday night and binge watched Worst Cooks in America.

Saturday I slept in, watched some more TV, worked out, cooked dinner, and watched more TV. I'm watching Parenthood for the 3rd time. All. The. Feels.

Yesterday was church. I had to sing so I was supposed to be there at 7:30. I had set an alarm for 5:30 but apparently turned it off in my sleep. I woke up on my own at 6:30 thankfully and rushed like a mad woman to get ready. Unfortunately my hair was dirty so I had to shower, dry it, the whole shebang. Somehow I managed to make it only 7 minutes late.

After church I went to lunch at my brother's GF's grandpa's house. I'd met her parents before but it was my first time meeting the rest of the family. They are really tight knit and have been insisting that mom and I come for lunch one Sunday. Mom came down with the stomach bug so she couldn't go. They were really nice and welcoming. It was a lot of fun.

When I got home I took a nap, got up, made white chicken chili, and watched some more Parenthood. All in all a good weekend.

• Options
    I'm on mobile, so hoping this works! I usually only lurk when on mobile cause it typically sucks!

Friday night was low key. H was feeling better from his stomach flu but wasn't up for much.

Saturday we did get our new car though! We almost didn't think it would happen because we drove all that way under the assumption the car was price X. We test drive and love the Nissan Leaf. To in to talk price and there is an additional $2500 fee for dealer prep. Uh, that puts us very far apart on price. If we had known that, we would have gone in with a very different strategy. They Also had to junk H camaro, which is really ashame because the car is great mechanically, just needs so body work. So we thought we would get about 2k for it and they have us 500 :( but in the end we got our payments where we needed and made the purchase.

The drive home was fun. They charged it so we had 65 miles and we lived about 35 from dealership. No big deal. We get on the highway and H does 75. I'm noticing how fast the battery is draining. So I Google how far we are from home and we had 2 miles to spare. So H slows down and we shut off all excess battery items. The mileage slows down so much and we start driving efficiently. The last 10 miles or so were hairy because the car stopped telling us how many miles til we were out of battery. But we made it home! 

The car is crazy to drive, it doesn't make a sound! They actually add pings and a back up alarm so pedestrians can potentially hear the car.

Sunday was church and napping! I had my niece's confirmation retreat at 5. The woman who did the retreat was good. She reminded me so much of Melissa McCarthy. She also could relate to the kids and adults, which was a plus. She did go on a weird tangent about cell phone use where it somehow divulged into priests in Syria being kidnapped for our faith, but people couldn't even stay off their phones. It was weird.

I'm currently hanging at our Philly office. It has a beautiful view out the conference room I'm in. Its also super fancy compared to my regular office! It's very windy today, so all I'm hearing is the building creaking from swaying! I know it's supposed to, but it just doesn't sound right!

Mkd - H and I love IJ! That little scene always makes us giggle! I've tried to find a good Joe state gif, but nothing. I'm not the best gif finder! I also once scoopski potato'd my MIL and her face was so priceless! H and I almost peed ourselves from laughing!
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom  M loves IJ's and was binging them on Saturday. He showed me this scene and I was legit like "OMG I GET IT NOW!!" :')

@6fsn  also it seems to be that time of year when "purging all the things!" happens. I call it the spring twitchies - when you're ready to spring clean and anticipating spring, but it's not even CLOSE to being spring lmao
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom, congrats on the new car!
  • Options
    This weekend was insane.  My boss had a stroke at work Friday afternoon.  The office was in shambles because no one could figure out if we even had an "in case of emergency" contact list.  The good news is that he is doing well and appears to be on the mend.

Foster Dog went to his adoptive home Saturday.  I spent a long-a** time explaining to them that he would be terrified the first few days and that they needed to really watch him and make sure he was safe.  I got a call 5 hours later that they let him out of their open backyard without a leash and he bolted.  I spent the past two days tracking him with a group of other searchers and trying to trap him.  We finally got him around midnight last night.  I am exhausted.  The adopters didn't join in the search.  They aren't getting him back.  

• Options
    Ro041 said:
    This weekend was insane.  My boss had a stroke at work Friday afternoon.  The office was in shambles because no one could figure out if we even had an "in case of emergency" contact list.  The good news is that he is doing well and appears to be on the mend.

Wow!  That's crazy and was probably scary!  I'm glad he's on the mend, but it sounds like a very stressful situation all around.  Here's hoping he continues on the up and up.  
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Heffalump - once when I was 12 I was that babysitter! I was embarrassed, but the parents were super sweet about it. 

I slept like shite last night - snow plows were right outside of our house from about 3am until my alarm went off at 6:15. H, the puppy, and I were all zombies this morning. H worked from home today because of the weather, but he snowblowed my car out and because the roads were empty it only took me 30 minutes or so to get to work - HOORAY!

Had an appointment with my OB this morning - she is super nice and has a really great sense of humor. I like her a lot. Heard Beans' heartbeat for the first time - once we were able to get him/her to stop moving around - this kid is quite the wiggle worm! And the heart rate sounds great!

I am on three simultaneous deadlines. Right now it's manageable, but the end of this week and all of next week is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

Edited because English is hard today. 
  • Options
    Ro041 said:

Foster Dog went to his adoptive home Saturday.  I spent a long-a** time explaining to them that he would be terrified the first few days and that they needed to really watch him and make sure he was safe.  I got a call 5 hours later that they let him out of their open backyard without a leash and he bolted.  I spent the past two days tracking him with a group of other searchers and trying to trap him.  We finally got him around midnight last night.  I am exhausted.  The adopters didn't join in the search.  They aren't getting him back.
    It enrages me that the adopters didn't join in the search.  WTELMF?  Foster Dog was their responsibility and they just, what, said "Fuck it"?  Some people shouldn't be pet owners.

How did you track the pup?  Glad you found him safe and relatively sound.
    I was just about to post this exact thing! They are terrible people and I hate them on that poor pup's behalf.
  • Options
    Ro041 said:

It enrages me that the adopters didn't join in the search.  WTELMF?  Foster Dog was their responsibility and they just, what, said "Fuck it"?  Some people shouldn't be pet owners.

I was just about to post this exact thing! They are terrible people and I hate them on that poor pup's behalf.

OMG!!!!! I am so mad right now! I can't believe they let him out like that and then didn't join the search. What horrible people.

• Options
    edited February 2017

@6fsn he is adorable! Love his fade :) I think that's the cutest cut on kids.

Eta word

• Options
    Ro041 said:

OMG!!!!! I am so mad right now! I can't believe they let him out like that and then didn't join the search. What horrible people.
    That is super horrible. This makes me so angry and sad at the same time. It's stories like this that are the reasons why I like dogs/animals more than most people. 
  • Options
    That's awful, @Ro041! Glad you found him safe and sound!

The birthday party was a great success. I ordered way too much food, so we sent people home with leftovers and even donated some food that hadn't been opened to a sober house.

The Humanist meeting yesterday was interesting. The presenter talked about SMART Recovery. The ideas are sound, and I can see how it would work for a lot of people, but I plan on staying with my 12-Step program. The people there seem really kind and interested in more than just bashing organized religion. I think I'll go back next month.

Like several of us, I didn't sleep well last night either, and I'm dragging today. I wish I were home to make sure the handyman fixes what he's supposed to fix, but I trust Housemate to handle it.

Tonight is a meeting and laundry, since I didn't get any laundry done last weekend.
  • Options
    The adopters are retired so likely have limited mobility (they didn't appear to be in poor health, but I try not to assume).  They didn't join the search and didn't explain why none of their kids or grandkids (who also live in the neighborhood) didn't either.  But you better believe they wanted constant updates.  @levioosa - I told them they really needed to consider if they should have a dog.  I reached out to a few of the rescues that I work with to let them know, but I live in a large metro area so they won't have trouble finding another dog.  I just hope they are smarter next time.  A lot of places don't do as much as we do to get lost dogs back.  

@AtomicBlonde - we split up into teams of two and canvassed the neighborhood (and surrounding neighborhoods).  This area is full of developments surrounded by woods.  We plastered the area with flyers and searched as much of the surrounding woods and ravines as we could.  We got a sighting yesterday afternoon in some woods so we were able to narrow down where he might be.  Then we set a live trap with some of my clothes and some really awesome food (braunshwager, rotisserie chicken, vienna sausages) and then we left to see if he would go in once he was hungry enough.  We keep a trail cam on the trap to see what is coming near the trap if we don't get the dog within a day.  A lot of times we trap cats, possums, raccoons, or (God forbid) skunks.  We have to let them out and then re-set the trap.  Foster Dog went in the trap around 11:30pm and a neighbor was kind enough to call me to say she saw him in there. 

When I got there, he was growling, barking, and spitting mad (it was pitch black).  I got up to him and once he smelled me, he freaked out with excitement.  The poor guy jumped in my arms and buried his face into my chest.  FI got to load the trap while I snuggled him.  Today he was still exhausted.  

• Options
    Random story- My cousin's daughter does side line reporting for an NHL team.  M2 spent a solid 30 minutes talking to this woman at Christmas.  M2 LOOOOOOVES her.  LOOOOOVES.  She gushes anytime she sees cousin's pic.

For some reason we have the hockey ticket right now so DH recorded the game last night.  I just went through and picked out all the spots that have cousin reporting and I CAN'T WAIT to show M2 tonight!!
  • Options

@OliveOilsMom, congrats on the new car!  $2500 dealer prep, pfft.  A former coworker had an electric car and I remember him also mentioning how weird it was the car was so quiet.

@Ro041, glad you all found the foster dog, but sorry to hear he is back at your all's house.  I remember you all didn't care for him.  Hopefully he'll find a forever home soon.  And what is wrong with those people?  My dog doesn't even try to escape, but I wouldn't let her out in the backyard by herself if it was totally open.  I'm sure she'd still walk off, though probably wouldn't go far.

On the rare occasion she gets out (because my H didn't keep the gate door locked together tightly enough), she'll either head up to our porch and wait for us.  Or she goes to a basketball court that is kitty corner to our block and sits there watching people play basketball.  She LOVES playing with her blue/orange Chuck-it ball and my H and I have always wondered if her fascination with the sport is because a basketball looks a big, all orange version of her favorite toy.

Weekend was fine.  Nothing much to mention.

Work is going really slow today.  It's just torturous.  And it's only Monday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom every time I hear about how quiet an electric car is I think of this scene from The Office. 

https://youtu.be/bMaehoA1VJY

• Options
    I just heard the term "Gal-entine's Day" for the first time, about an hour ago, from @charlotte989875's post.  And now my friend just texted me a Happy Gal-entine's Day, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have done a lot today .... can I leave yet? {i say as i have an hour and half left ...}
  • Options
    @levioosa The quietness was the first thing we were commenting on during the test drive.  It immediately made me go to Andy and Dwight's duel over Angela!  I love and miss the Office!