Wedding Woes
Options

Monday?

2»

Re: Monday?

• Options
    I just heard the term "Gal-entine's Day" for the first time, about an hour ago, from @charlotte989875's post.  And now my friend just texted me a Happy Gal-entine's Day, lol.
    So, not a Parks & Rec fan? I seriously love Leslie Knope. She's my spirit animal. 
  • Options
    I just heard the term "Gal-entine's Day" for the first time, about an hour ago, from @charlotte989875's post.  And now my friend just texted me a Happy Gal-entine's Day, lol.
    So, not a Parks & Rec fan? I seriously love Leslie Knope. She's my spirit animal. 

Ah!  I didn't realize that is where it is from.  I actually never saw the show.  Not sure why, because it seems up my alley.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ah!  I didn't realize that is where it is from.  I actually never saw the show.  Not sure why, because it seems up my alley.
    WATCH IT!

side note: the first season or two is a little rough, but after that the show is amazing. 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    levioosa said:

WATCH IT!

side note: the first season or two is a little rough, but after that the show is amazing. 
    Pawnee is sadly not a real town here, but FIL has a couple streets in his neighborhood that bear the name.  ;) 
  • Options
    i woke up around 5 am with a full blown migraine. took my meds and went back to bed. wfh since i woke up the 2nd time. feeling maybe 70% better.
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    i woke up around 5 am with a full blown migraine. took my meds and went back to bed. wfh since i woke up the 2nd time. feeling maybe 70% better.
    boo :( glad meds working and you're feeling better
  • Options
    everything sucks.

I sholdn't have sent the kiddo to school Friday, she was to sick.
    Saturday, I cancelled her riding lesson, but did let grandparents take her to "Dinosaur quest'
    But she was miserable on Sunday too--I made her finish writing her valentines and I assembled the rest.

Saturday, I went to the women's march 'huddle' nearby.  I may have agreed to do computery things...I'm all for help I can do behind a computer screen.
    Mostly aging hippies.

Nw I'm miserably sick too.  I was scheduled to donate platelets this morning, but didn't happen.  Ped. doesn't have any appts for her today, so tomorrow AM.
    I'm supposed to do painting @ the party tomorrow...

• Options
    levioosa said:

WATCH IT!

Thanks for the advice.  I'll have to check if it is On Demand.

You all certainly didn't lead me wrong with This Is Us. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon, @GBCK!

• Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, what showing did you go to? I was at the Sunday 2:00 matinee.  I REALLY liked it too!  I loved the end. I'm such a little girl. "GLITTER! I LOVE GLITTER!"  The music was so great, and yes - her sister had a very powerful voice too.

I'm on the fence about using my ticket for: Hedwig and the angry inch.... the reviews are you either love it or you hate it.  What are your thoughts on that one?

Friday was low key for me. DH worked late, and then we ate leftover Chinese food from a new gem we found.

Saturday I did some cleaning around the house and my new TV was delivered (read: first world problems). We moved up from a 43" to a 55" in our bedroom and if I wasn't already married to DH, I'd probably marry that TV.  also - I love TV.

• Options
    @CharmedPam we were at the Saturday 8:00 show. Yeah the ending was great - I danced on the way out. We've heard good things about Hedwig and the Angry Inch. DD and SIL are joining us for that and Aladdin. In addition to Hamilton tickets, seasons tickets were a good excuse to go visit DD and SIL. So we will go up in March and of course go out to dinner. We really do love visiting Chicago and going out to eat.
  • Options
    yes! I only got season tickets for Hamilton.  2017-2018 doesn't have anything that strikes my fancy.  Maybe a show or two, and I'd just buy them separate.  I'm looking forward to Aladdin and I also bought "rent" tickets for May.  I'm glad you get to visit here and there, I agree - perfect excuse!  I didn't have anyone to go in on them with me (DH doesn't have a set scheudle) so I actually go alone.  

• Options
    I want to see "The King and I" and "An American in Paris". They have both gotten really good reviews. One of them won a Tony for best revival. Definitely plan on getting tickets for Wicked as soon as they go on sale for December.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Hedwig is one of my favorite musicals ever.  The Origin of Love I can listen to/watch over and over on Youtube.  I love the subversiveness, even from a queer angle, the music, the costumes, the storyline, all of it.  Even thinking about this, meant I had to go put the soundtrack on.
  • Options
    I know.  I really should find the movie and watch it.  I got burnt on "The curious dog in the nighttime" since I walked in not knowing a single thing about it....it sucked and we left at intermission.  And we spent a lot of money on that night. 

• Options
    @GBCK I hope you and the kiddo feel better!!